The Last Jedi

So what did you all think of the teaser (trailer)? Will we see the story of the Grey Jedi? Has Luke gone Sith? How about that poster?! Rey's lightsaber goes from blue to red. Hmm...

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Luke and Rey will become Grey Jedi's I believe.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    No such thing as a grey Jedi.

Light force user
    Grey force user

Jedi is the extreme
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options
    There is no Jedi only sith
  • Options
    They all join the sith.
  • Options
    They're all secretly gungans in Jar Jar's army
  • Options
    Luke is a sith and will kill Rey and kylo will kill Finn
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    can't wait to see the forums burning to the ground when Crusty Old Luke is trotted out instead of Jedi Knight/ESB Luke.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    Darth Jar Jar ordained it, so the Grey Jedi will rise ;)

Seriously, though, I think it's more about Luke's mental state. He's been isolated, possibly against his will, for a long time. He's had no reason to believe, or even hope, that he'll have a successor.

Therefore, in his mind, he's prepared to be the **** last Jedi. He's ready to take the order, and it's secrets and history, to the grave. I believe he's the conflicted one, now. He feels the pull of darkness not in hatred or fear, but in despair. He has ultimately failed, in his own mind, the Jedi order.

When Rey shows up, it's quite possible he thinks it's a cruel joke the Force is playing upon him. How could a student find him here? With no plan, such as Yoda and Obi-Wan had, and no guidance, a student appears on his doorstep. He's probably almost angry.

Rey will need to show him. It's the opposite of his dynamic with Vader. Vader wanted to teach him, but he wanted to save Vader. Luke doesn't want to teach her (my speculation), but she wants to be taught. In the process, she'll save him, and he'll come to realize there is a new hope.

Just my two cents :)
  • Options
    I think Rey convinces him to train her and the Jedi actually do rise again, killing ky loren
  • TheLegendOfKimy
    108 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    "The Jedi must end" yet he's training Rey... I'm going to assume "the Jedi must end" is a line he says early on, before Rey changes his mind and convinces him to train another Jedi. Otherwise it makes no sense
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    "The Jedi must end" yet he's training Rey... I'm going to assume "the Jedi must end" is a line he says early on, before Rey changes his mind and convinces him to train another Jedi. Otherwise it makes no sense

I'm now convinced it wasn't Luke who said that, but Kylo... Guess we'll know December...
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I watched the trailer and I think i peed a little. :p
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Luke is the balance between light and dark it's a new time no Jedi no sith just balance between both sides
  • Grpeephole303
    1076 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Luke is one in the Middle, Just like Bendhu from Rebels

Hell use both the Light and the Dark.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    The0n3 wrote: »

I'm now convinced it wasn't Luke who said that, but Kylo... Guess we'll know December...
    Seriously? Kylo sounds nothing like that
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

Not to mention this is clearly making Luke the Chosen one.

Hes bringing Balance to the Force
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options

The audio can be confusing, i've watched and rewatched it, and i can't figure who actually said that... But the phrase starts at the scene where Kylo is holding his ls... And the voice sounds like his... Idk...

I disagree on that. Anakin was the Chosen One, hands down. He brought balance to the force TWICE: first by destroying the Jedi, second by killing the Emperor.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

The audio can be confusing, i've watched and rewatched it, and i can't figure who actually said that... But the phrase starts at the scene where Kylo is holding his ls... And the voice sounds like his... Idk...

I disagree on that. Anakin was the Chosen One, hands down. He brought balance to the force TWICE: first by destroying the Jedi, second by killing the Emperor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It_olylT42I

here, @The0n3 watch this. the audio isn't as confusing. (go to :55 if you dont want to watch the whole thing)
  • Options
    I'm hoping balance Jedi. In EU Jedi were just force users then someone decided the some aspects of the Force were bad and some were good. The Jedi split and the 'Bad Jedi' left for uncharted space eventually becoming the Sith. I thought about this when they said he was looking for the first temple. I hope a larger nonbinary aspect of the force gets explored, I think a lot fans do...

Which is why it's completely believable that it's just editing tricks. Here's hoping though.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

here, The0n3 watch this. the audio isn't as confusing. (go to :55 if you dont want to watch the whole thing)

Thanks for sharing!
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options

here, @The0n3 watch this. the audio isn't as confusing. (go to :55 if you dont want to watch the whole thing)

Whoa!!!! Thx for the insight man!! WHOOOA, i haven't even seen the rest after he said "It is."... Can't wait till December!!

But the audio was confusing for me when i watched the trailer... Anyways, now it's confirmed!! Thx again!
  • Options
    You can see Luke's mouth moving when he says end. FFS. It's Luke. He is talking about a new order based on balance. That book is the Journal of the Whills. They are about balance not light or dark.
  • Options

Grey Jedi aren't canon per Pablo hidalgo part of the Star Wars story group
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Grey Jedi aren't canon per Pablo hidalgo part of the Star Wars story group

For now they are not canon. Things can be made canon by let's say adding to the story line of a book or movie. All canon is not currently set in stone.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Indeed. They could bring it all the way back to the old Je'Daii Order... Where they believed ultimately in balance, absorving both light and dark forces from Ashla and Bogan!

"In the light, there is a darkness and in the darkness, a light. It is the way with us all. Be a prisoner of neither Bogan nor Ashla. Strive to live in balance. As Tython itself teaches us, it is dangerous to do otherwise. And the danger is there—always." - Ketu