Asajj Team

I'm not giving up on Asajj and i want to build a team around her
currently im looking at
Asajj (lvl61 6* gear 8) leader
Daka (lvl61 4* gear 7) (farming shard on cantina/hards)
Initiate (lvl61 4* gear 7) (farming GW shipments)
Lumi (lvl61 6* gear 7)
Sidious (lvl61 6* gear 7)

I love Asajj's buff remover and stun and AoE (though i wish her stun rate was higher)
Daka has got one of the best stuns and of course heal/revive, and with Asajj as lead she becomes the fastest character out there.
Initiate i was on the fence with but she got a lot of hp and i hear she can be a heavy hitter.

For the last two i was originally thinking of going Lumi and Sidious but the flow seems off and the damage doesn't seem to be there which is odd cause they hit hard.

what am i missing, who should i change up or who should i add?

here is what i have leveled up, listed by power, but i'm open to anyone i don't have also.

image_3.png

Replies

• Options
    If you are going to run a team with AV as leader you may as well go full night sisters

They are all farmable and with the new buffs all pretty good, even acolyte who will be stupid fast with AV leader bonus

The changes to AV and talia I think this team will be incredible and you can choose which leader bonus you want based on opponents- health and defense (daka), evasion and healing (talia) or sped and turn meter removal (AV)
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    i have been thinking in the future - long term project - of experimenting with her in an assist team. I already have GS, and am starring up both 86 and QGJ. With others calling assists, her low speed isn't as big a problem. My Ventress is only 4* but gear 8, and I have other things I want to do with my arena tokens before starring her, so I can't do this for a while. I want someone else with an interesting basic as part of the party, and I like her other skills as well. Daka or Dooku could also work (as could basic big hitters like Rey, HRS and Resistance Pilot), but I just like Ventress. I figure with GS, Ventress, QGJ all having some offense up buff, I won't need my Poggle. Unfortunately the best 5th right now would be Poe . Another problem with the setup is her AOE, which is her best quality, may be wasted here.
  • PoleHERbehr
    17 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    One of the things about AV that hasn't been mentioned is the 25% chance to remove 20% turn meter. This could potentially could be used to strong effect with a careful build.

With AV as lead it would make a maxed NS teams speed this

Nightsister Acolyte 167
    Old Daka 154
    Nightsister Initiate 140
    Talia 137
    Asajj Ventress 114 - assuming she gets benefit of her own buff. ( I haven't tested it)

For reference

https://gyazo.com/196836cec0f39e119ac79ee2fdc13fc9

Both of the Nightsisters no names basic and special damage is middle of the road and nothing to write home about. At least the Initiate is somewhat tanky with 18k health when maxed. Talia and Old Daka basic damage is really low as well. AV would be your biggest hitter but then then she isnt exactly a knock out punch. One of her strengths that Ive found is when she gets the KO on the first person you decide to kill b/c she basically can AOE everyturn after untill she is killed or doesn't kill anyone. If you focus on letting her get kill shots then its not a problem. The biggest problem I had with my NS team was I didn't have enough of a knock punch to get past glass cannon/Poe teams. Sadly my server is littered with these teams in the top 200. :/ It might work for you though!

Oh also, I had heard AV lead buff was bugged at some point and not working. I'm unsure if its been fixed yet. I haven't followed up since I switched out of using that team.
  • Options
    I used to run AV as lead, with Daka, Dooku, and Phasma. While Phasma wasn't a leader, I used her as a turn manipulator,, and it worked well. I will probably come back to that build once my V is at 7*. I may replace Phasma with Talia if her buff is significant after the update.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    I think I'll work on talia and see how the health steal buff goes. Which reminds me Asajj will have a ton of health steal also, with gear. But, is acolyte really worth being on the team, I know her speed is good but utility sucks and damage I hear is meh. Wouldn't a Phasma or Dooku be better?
  • PoleHERbehr
    17 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sonofnoob wrote: »
    I think I'll work on talia and see how the health steal buff goes. Which reminds me Asajj will have a ton of health steal also, with gear. But, is acolyte really worth being on the team, I know her speed is good but utility sucks and damage I hear is meh. Wouldn't a Phasma or Dooku be better?

After my experience of using my NS team I would suggest you get at least one heavy hitter in your squad by swapping out at least one of the no name Nightsisters. Initiate is slower, has slightly less base and special damage, but has alot more health when compared to the Acolyte.

Unless the life steal buffs to Talia are significant I can't imagine using her even for synergy. She hits like a cupcake and her determinant effect of her heal makes it to situational imo.
  • Options

There are plenty of people you could add, I haven't worked through what a good synergy for this team would be, they already have two healers and self healers, stuns, resurrect, turn meter reduction

maybe rebel scout for team meter bonus (and he's fast already) with decent damage or a big dps char
    maybe phas for speed down, this could be awesome with assaji leader skill

And I'm sure a ton of others
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • PoleHERbehr
    17 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

maybe rebel scout for team meter bonus (and he's fast already) with decent damage or a big dps char
    maybe phas for speed down, this could be awesome with assaji leader skill

And I'm sure a ton of others

double post sry
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    No love for Ahsoka on a night sisters team?
  • Sonofnoob
    119 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No love for Ahsoka on a night sisters team?

Not Nightsister, Asajj team. Ahsoka, unfortunately, only gives a bonus to nightsisters if she is leading, she does not receive a bonus from Nightsister but God I wish she did!
  • Options
    Dakka and Ventress can work, but you need other pieces because she is so slow.

Id run something like Phasma (lead), Dakka, Assaj, QGJ and GS

• Options
    I kinda gave up on nightsisters but still using ventress on attacks. Beat the number1 level 70 whale at level 63 with sidius lead, assaj, geo soldier, lumi, and poe.

Works pretty well nice balance 2 aoes 3 if ya count the expose. 2 single target bursts from lumi and geo. And of course poe.

Thing is can't trust assajj to defend. I seen ai assaj do tye dumbest stuff vs me.

AI assaj will waste her turn trying to dispell a luminara self evasion buff or something silly...like trying to dispell a taunt when the aoe would of killed the taunter and damaged everyone else.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I faced a few maxed out (that is, full star, max level top gear) Nightsister teams under Ventress. Unfortunately Ventress and Daka are the only two worthy toons. The damage output was just way too low, and I don't feel there were many synergies happening there either.

I think Ventress would work really well in a turn manipulation/assist based team. My main problem with her is that she doesn't get her Rampage bonuses on her own kills. And she needs Rampage for her AOE to be effective. And she needs to kill things with her AOE in order to be REALLY effective. Right now she just isn't worth it. :(
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/97640#Comment_97640

Here's a nightsister thread , incase someone here wants to see how some peeps nightsister teams are doing.....I for one hope the new bug fixes make this team more viable. ......had to put them on the back burner in dec...

• ender_wiggins
    84 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Plasmaj wrote: »
    i have been thinking in the future - long term project - of experimenting with her in an assist team.

Same here! Not sure about Asajj yet, considering her speed, but I'm sitting with Phasma (L), GS, 5's, QGJ, and Poe. They aren't quite geared/leveled enough to stand top 10, but I'm leveling them currently.
  • Options
    I pull her in whenever I can. After I got my Sid to 7*, I have put all my arena credits into AV. However I feel less than 6 stars and she isnt really viable. Currently mine is at 5 stars, level 1 lol.

To the OP, I have both Sid and Lumi at 7*. I can tell you that when you get those 2 to 7* and lvl8 gear, they will put out the damage you are looking to deal.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Here we go:

Option 1, split Nightsister and Jedi.
    Ahsoka lead, Daka, Asajj, Luminara and QGJ/Talia/Jedi C . . .

At earlier levels you may need the extra heals from Luminara so you can withstand the longer battles. Ahsoka is very reliable too, she effectively takes care of herself due to her heals and occasional party heal.

Personally, I've been using Ahsoka, Asajj, Daka, Talia, Luminara.

Option 2, full Nightsisters.
    Asajj lead, Daka, Talia, Acolyte, Initiate.
    This team requires user control to be effective, if you have another team it is best to set them for defence in Arena, especially now that you will ve able to see the entire squad in Arena now.

Full Nightsisters will give you: stun X 2, party heal X 2, self heal X 3, enemy party buff removal, enemy buff immunity, stealth, enemy party turn meter reduction, party turn meter gain, revive, party debuff removal.

I can't think of any synergy with that many abilities. So this is a very technical squad, one that takes a while to get used to and to play properly. Unfortunately, AI is useless with it.

I think that Initiate is probably one of the most under rated heroes in the entire game. She has the second highest health, second only to Bariss at gear 8. She crits a lot and could work very well on a lot if teams,for example Sidious lead.

@Plasmaj
    If you do use Phasma as lead Asajj's Rampage is often wasted on opponents you don't want to use it on. Calling in a 6K crit on an opponent with 1K health is a massive waste and quite often happens when I borrow Phasma.

Upcoming changes: Talia is getting a massive buff, Asajj is having her party heal upon debuff removal switched to an individual heal, health steal is being fixed. This will mean that Talia will be a lot, lot harder to kill. Her heal will be even more reliable so you can use it more often. Asajj will also be more resilient as her health steal stat is great.

So one negative, two positives.

Extra for experts: if you can't switch to another squad for defense set Talia as you leader. At level 6 She gives Nightsisters 15% evasion, on evasion they heal 5%.
    This evasion may win you a match on defense, speed most likely won't.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Stodie
    45 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Upcoming changes: Talia is getting a massive buff, Asajj is having her party heal upon debuff removal switched to an individual heal, health steal is being fixed. This will mean that Talia will be a lot, lot harder to kill. Her heal will be even more reliable so you can use it more often. Asajj will also be more resilient as her health steal stat is great.

Nice post. Only part I disagree with is quoted section. Talia is quite easy to kill in arena. She does much better in GW or PVE. Main reason being that the damage is so high right now that she will never be afforded time to leech back her health after taking a big hit from (take your pick) Luke, GS, 86,88, Rey, FOTP, etc etc...in fact in full nightsister team without a taunt she will be dead right away if focused.

this is one of the main reasons Nightsisters aren't top end. You have to hope that you get a revive from Daka.
  • Options
    Stodie wrote: »

Nice post. Only part I disagree with is quoted section. Talia is quite easy to kill in arena. She does much better in GW or PVE. Main reason being that the damage is so high right now that she will never be afforded time to leech back her health after taking a big hit from (take your pick) Luke, GS, 86,88, Rey, FOTP, etc etc...in fact in full nightsister team without a taunt she will be dead right away if focused.

this is one of the main reasons Nightsisters aren't top end. You have to hope that you get a revive from Daka.

I meant Talia on Offense. The AI is dumb, and doesn't focus her down properly.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.