Help Please :( Need Arena Team Direction

TheLaw
57 posts Member
edited May 2017
I have been at a loss for making a strong arena team that can dominate (attacking wise) the top 200 of the arena.

I am somewhat F2P and buy the 21 day gem booster and if a good deal for a character comes along i buy it.

Edit: Im not looking for a jedi team.

https://swgoh.gg/u/thelaw/collection/

^^ My Toons^^

If someone can help me i would really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

TheLaw
Post edited by TheLaw on

Replies

• NovaPrime
    119 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure about your shard and what is at the top currently.

I would try Wedge (L), Biggs, Stormtrooper Han, Qui Gon Jin, and Ackbar or K2 or Jyn.
  • TheLaw
    57 posts Member
    Options
    @NovaPrime anything besides toons i have at max? As i am trying to branch out to a stronger team so i am open to farming (As long as they are not hard mode only)
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    @TheLaw if you want to dominate on offense
    ZQGJ
    Zoda
    Ezra
    Aayla
    GK
    Boom
  • TheLaw
    57 posts Member
    Options
    @Big_Boss however erza isnt free to play
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    A common beginner's arena team nowadays is Lando (leader), Wedge, Biggs, Stormtrooper Han, then the 5th man is a fill in the blank. Boba Fett is a good choice for 5th guy because he does good damage, ignores taunts, dispels taunts. Lando in lead because he does a lot of damage, his damage hits enemy characters even when they're protected by taunts, and because his leader ability provides a speed boost which works well with Biggs & Han. If you get mods that are fast enough to make your team able to attack before the enemy squad does even without Lando's leader ability, then move Wedge to leader position (but keep Lando on the team).

Looking further ahead, what some people do is use their beginner's Rebel team to unlock Emperor Palpatine, and use him for a while on the Rebel team (his damage/debuffs/stuns are great even if he doesn't provide/receive faction bonuses with Rebel teammates), until they build up some Empire or Sith characters who are more compatible with him. Then they switch over to something like Emperor (leader), TIE Fighter Pilot, Royal Guard, Darth Vader, and the 5th man again is more or less a fill in the blank where somebody like Boba Fett could be a good choice.

Or get Emperor Palpatine and build a Sith team with him. Going Empire or Sith usually requires very fast mods though, to see any improvement over the Biggs/Wedge/Han combo that has so much speed already built into its abilities.

Or spend crystals to unlock Baze Malbus, get Chirrut Imwe from Fleet shipments, and upgrade the Rebel team so it's Biggs, Wedge, Baze, Chirrut, and fill in the blank with a 5th guy.

There are other options that can probably improve your rank, but these seem to be the most direct paths that can build on what you already have.
  • NovaPrime
    119 posts Member
    Options
    TheLaw wrote: »
    @NovaPrime anything besides toons i have at max? As i am trying to branch out to a stronger team so i am open to farming (As long as they are not hard mode only)

Lando would be great instead of Ackbar. You need him so you can run Wedge(L), Biggs, Ackbar, STH, and Lando to get the Emperor for his event. For arena only I would still get Lando and run the same group as before but sub in Lando for Ackbar. Eventually you want to put Tie Fighter Pilot with a lot of speed in this group instead of Qui Gon Jin.

Sorry for rambling here is the final group I would suggest after farming up your current characters Wedge(L), Biggs, STH, Lando, and Tie Fighter Pilot.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    TheLaw wrote: »
    @Big_Boss however erza isnt free to play

I use him at 3 stars gear 11
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Rex lead is really good right now. Can really be almost anyone behind him. Kylo is also a great toon currently. As is Boba. I'd also look into getting B2. He's a big hole in my current lineup.