About MODs, please, for our mind sanity... wake up!!!

Peperlu
125 posts Member
edited May 2017
I know it has been discussed over and over again, but there's such a simple solution about it that I totally fail to understand why this issue isn't fixed yet after months and months! This should definitely be one of your top priority, because let's face it, it is by far, in the whole Galaxy, the most annoying thing in your game!!

Especially for the veteran players, because the more you play, the more you have characters, but the more you are frustrated and penalized by your mechanic. I rarely post, but I just can't stand it any longer really.. Ofc, I won't simply complain about it, I'll also propose a rather very simple solution that fix it all! I'm really just that great! lol :DNote that I won't propose any new features! Just the easiest way, imho, to greatly improve the MODs mechanic with what is already in place!

Let's do some math. Each time you want to reset all your MODs, for each character, you have to...

1. Click on the MOD
2. Click on the remove button
3. Click again to confirm you REALLLLLLLY want to remove it...

So, for a single character, make that 3 clicks per MODs, for 6 MODs ,for a total of 18 clicks. And guess what? Yup! You really have to confirm again, for a 19th click, that you REALLLLLLY want to remove them all !!! I'm losing my mind just typing it, guess what it feels like when we actually have to do it... :s

For the example, let's say you want to remove them for 80 characters, that makes 80 x 19 = 1,520 insane clicks. 1,520!!! AAAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

So, I'm not asking for any saved sets or any minor or major new features or blablabla... my solution is 2 very simple changes...

1. To keep the possibility to remove a single MOD from a character, keep the confirmation box for removing a MOD, but when we confirm, DO IT! Don't make us wait to confirm again at the end with the final button (which is gonna have a new purpose). If I confirm that I want to remove a single MOD, remove it, remove the cash from my stash and do it right away!

2. The final button at the bottom right. Make it so it displays the total amount of $ required to remove all the MODs at once on that character, so that if I want to remove them all, it would simply requires 2 clicks! One to say I want to remove them all and a second one to confirm it. So simple... 2 clicks and I just removed 6 MODs instantly... A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

I can't understand why such a change would/could take more than a few weeks, like 1-2 months MAXIMUM and I'm generous... You don't even need to revamp the whole system or to add any new features, just to correct 2 buttons already there, don't tell me it's gonna require a 30 men team and 1 more year to fix or I'm going nuts... :s

Two easy changes and you reduce the crazy clicking by roughly 90%! For 80 characters, you go from 1,520 clicks to 160 to remove all the MODs, that's simply awesome...

I'll gladly accept a 20k crystals donation from EA/CG for instantly improving the mental health of your player base by 100%, tx. B)
Post edited by Peperlu on

Replies

• Kretek
    15 posts Member
    Options
    No it's not difficult to implement. Even mod sets are easy as walk in the park. The problem for devs is that you wouldn't have any incentive to farm mods anymore (at least they create such impression). No $ for them thus no hope for us.
  • Peperlu
    125 posts Member
    Options
    I don't see the link between what I said and what you are saying... :/

How making the MOD system a pita when you want to swap would bring them more money..??

On the other hand, if it is easier to swap instead of the dumb actual system, I certainly will want to farm more MODs to upgrade them...
  • Mewingloki
    515 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Kretek his post has nothing to do with reducing the need to farm mods. It has everything to do with swapping mods around being made more bearable. I'd love to make it as easy as "unequip all"!

Especially with the addition of 100% drop mods I'd also like to add the ability to just sell mods as you get them in the mod battle screen >.>

Mods as a user experience could use the next "quality of life" rework for sure.
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Options
    ummm, why in the blue hell would you want to remove every mod from 80 characters? there is no reason to need to do that...
  • Options
    Also I think Devs need to REMOVE THE DESTROY button! Why destroy it when u can sell it! How many players have accidentally destroyed a top tier mod? Like really! I personally have accidentally hit destroy a few times on great mods!
    GET RID OF THE DESTROY BUTTON PRETTY PLEASE with Vader on top
  • Options
    Osik wrote: »
    ummm, why in the blue hell would you want to remove every mod from 80 characters? there is no reason to need to do that...

If you want to redo your mod setup. Maybe you have a great mod sitting on a character that used to be on your arena team but not anymore that you forgot about.
    I've been thinking about optimizing my mods for a while. Making absolutely sure I have the best ones on my arena team, but it is hard to do when they are spread out on all your toons.
  • Options
    i destroy all mods i plan to never use again. i'm not spending credits to save it and sell it for less than what it cost to save it.
  • Options
    The only reason you can remove mods is to replace them strategicly with new mods. It was never intended for you to swap mod sets back and forth. They want you to farm a set of mods for each toon and LEAVE THEM. I doubt they will ever make them swapable in sets. It's a pain because they want it to be a pain.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Peperlu
    125 posts Member
    Options
    The only reason you can remove mods is to replace them strategicly with new mods. It was never intended for you to swap mod sets back and forth. They want you to farm a set of mods for each toon and LEAVE THEM. I doubt they will ever make them swapable in sets. It's a pain because they want it to be a pain.

Correct, I'll edit as "swap" definitely wasn't the word I wanted to use, rather "replace". I never bother to swap mods for any reason... But when you have all the characters, for ppl wondering, yes, when you have around 20-30 new good mods + you are changing your arena team, it affects all characters all the way and you need to reset them all if you want to get the most out of them.
  • Peperlu
    125 posts Member
    Options
    Meh...just noticed I never used the word swap in my OP...lol :D
  • danrussoa
    964 posts Member
    Options
    Agree with the money concept. I don't move mods because it sucks so had to keep farming and farming to outfit a chunk of toons at once.
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    have you guys registered at the goh.gg (i think) site? you can manage all your mods, equipped or not equipped, filter by specific primary OR secondary stats you are looking for, it makes mod management much easier...

EDIT: https://swgoh.gg/
    it is fantastic and very much worth registering
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    I like it. It's about 2 overall changes:

1. Remove the final mod removal confirmation so you only have to confirm you are removing the mods once.
    2. Make a remove all button where the final confirmation button is now.

I'd like to add one more change to that:

3. Add 2 more filters for browsing mods:
    a. Primary stat
    b, Secondary stat

These 3 changes combined would make remodding characters practically painless instead of the headache it is now.
  • Peperlu
    125 posts Member
    Options
    Osik wrote: »
    have you guys registered at the goh.gg (i think) site? you can manage all your mods, equipped or not equipped, filter by specific primary OR secondary stats you are looking for, it makes mod management much easier...

EDIT: https://swgoh.gg/
    it is fantastic and very much worth registering

Yup, ofc I know this site, which I recommend to everyone that doesn't know about it!

But the problem remains the same, swgoh.gg won't help me to remove them faster... over 1000 clicks to clear all your mods is just insanely insane...
  • Peperlu
    125 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I like it. It's about 2 overall changes:

1. Remove the final mod removal confirmation so you only have to confirm you are removing the mods once.
    2. Make a remove all button where the final confirmation button is now.

I'd like to add one more change to that:

3. Add 2 more filters for browsing mods:
    a. Primary stat
    b, Secondary stat

These 3 changes combined would make remodding characters practically painless instead of the headache it is now.

Yeah, that sure would help too! ;) The reason I didn't suggest anything like this is that I wanted to keep it simple, just the easiest possible way to correct this awful mechanic by simply modifying what is in place, without adding any new features, so that they can do something about it asap without the excuse of "it requires ressources, team, time, blablabla" :p
    Post edited by Peperlu on
  • Options
    Also I think Devs need to REMOVE THE DESTROY button! Why destroy it when u can sell it! How many players have accidentally destroyed a top tier mod? Like really! I personally have accidentally hit destroy a few times on great mods!
    GET RID OF THE DESTROY BUTTON PRETTY PLEASE with Vader on top

Agreed! I like the idea of removing multiple mods at once. They need to stop charging credits for removing mods, too. I don't like being penalized for experimenting with mod strategies. It's a penalty, nothing more.
  • Options
    I'd just be happy if they finally upped the cap on how many mods you can own
  • Options
    Mod SORTING is desperately needed as well. So I removed that defense mod with 16 speed secondary. Where did it go? Somewhere jam packed in the middle of 100 other mods. Sort-secondary stat of choice-done. I'd kill for that.
  • Peperlu
    125 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    michugana wrote: »
    Mod SORTING is desperately needed as well. So I removed that defense mod with 16 speed secondary. Where did it go? Somewhere jam packed in the middle of 100 other mods. Sort-secondary stat of choice-done. I'd kill for that.

Agreed. I'm using this strategy since MODs day one: I lock only the ones with speed on them, be it primary or secondary, nothing else is locked. (I don't have much MODs without speed mind you, except some specific defensive ones etc.), but it still helps, as most of my MODs are equipped, when you remove a single one, if it'S lock because it has speed on it, it's quite easier to spot it. Hope it helps..
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Absolutely +100000 brazilion!
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Removing mods from characters is a process that takes hours! Flipping hours!

Ain't nobody got time for that!
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member
    Options
    At a minimum, it would be great to have a "remove all" button