Please stop with these money sham character events.

This event is just another wasted three star character event. The event leveled versions are nice, but I'm not willing to spend more money for a predetermined low RNG chance of maybe getting to 5 stars... Where she'd still not compete. Eventually, EA will make their package/shard sale quota and release her to a single hard node. These character events need to be more on par with Yoda, R2 and emperor.

Replies

• Options
    Not that I am a fan of the amount of money it takes to buy a product in this game, but if all characters were free, how would they afford to run the game?

If you don't want a 3* character, then don't participate at all and when said character is f2p, farm it from 0 instead of from 3*. Makes sense.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    others are willing to pay, wich allows me to play for free. I'm totally fine with not having a 7* fulcrum ahsoka tano right of the bat.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    The character will be on a Node in 2 months just like all the others.

But while you wait you can gear and mod her
    .. awesome right? I know doesnt cost you a penny.
  • Options
    1q6bbx.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, I actually think the model is pretty fair. Big spenders get it first as they should, then a bit later it goes to hard node and crystals so moderate spenders get it, then a bit later to free to play. The fact that almost everything ends up free to play is actually pretty remarkable in my opinion.
  • Options
    I agree with the others - these events are good:

1.) First you get a free 3* toon. You can then choose to level, gear and mod that toon as you see fit - AND - some toons are viable at high level / gear / modded at 3*.

2.) Whales can spend money on the data packs if they want to - so whales and EA / CG are happy.

3.) In a month the shards move to shipments where semi-whales / dolphins can spend crystals to help increase the level - so dolphins and EA / CG are happy.

4.) Lastly, the shards are moved to a node somewhere where the F2P guys can farm the toon - so everyone is happy at this point

Except you.
  • Options
    To the OP...I think you should look at it as an oppertunity to try the maxed version before you spend 1 credit/crystal/Ben franklin, etc... and see if it's worth any investment at all.

If you are FTP and love her, take her for free and by the time you grind out the gear for her, she will be farmable FTP. If you spend, try for free then buy.

I think it's a great happy medium that offers something for both sides. I actually thought she was pretty awesome. I am gonna gear her, farm cassian an Baze(mostly through shipments, I'm 18/50), slowly level her abilities, and level her up.

This will take 2-3 months suspect, by which time, she will be put on a node somewhere and hopefully I can 7* her by Christmas which coincidentally is my Guild's goal to try an HAAT.
  • Options
    Just save up the shard currency.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i would love it if they increased the farmability even more after another month or 2. One hard node is a pain and not worth it imo. It's probably a foolish hope though xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    sneeyatch wrote: »
    I agree with the others - these events are good:

1.) First you get a free 3* toon. You can then choose to level, gear and mod that toon as you see fit - AND - some toons are viable at high level / gear / modded at 3*.

2.) Whales can spend money on the data packs if they want to - so whales and EA / CG are happy.

3.) In a month the shards move to shipments where semi-whales / dolphins can spend crystals to help increase the level - so dolphins and EA / CG are happy.

4.) Lastly, the shards are moved to a node somewhere where the F2P guys can farm the toon - so everyone is happy at this point

Except you.

+1
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    You realize that before this, characters would release through Aurodium packs and cost a couple hundred bucks, then several months later they would be farmable starting at 0 shards.

This is INFINITELY PREFERABLE.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.