Complaining about Faction Pass

Liamtbqh
620 posts Member
Two ewok supports got slight dmg reduction with big increase in assists, the only downside was some dmg, Why expect god like meta changing differences? Especially since everyone will complain about that then too.

Seen people saying "this is the worst faction pass ever"
BREAKING NEWS: the faction pass isn't over

Replies

• Options
    The sith faction pass was awesome. In this one, one ewok got buffed, 3 got nerfed, and one is now broken (which to their credit they have aknowledged).

If you have ever played the ewoks with any regularity you would know that Chirpa's zeta is terrible, tbh you would be better off without it.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    Options
    I know its not the best, but comparison to their older versions they do better? I mean the new Ewoks could change it entirely, and actually make it worth while but i wish people would be patient idk
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Completely agree way too early to judge, but of all the factions to get a damage reduction basically ewok and NS would be at the bottom of the list of factions who needed that.
  • Options
    Didn't realize that they were adding new characters until I checked Warwick"s twitter. Now I'm more than meh about the faction pass.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah definitely agree, i think theyre trying to make Chirpa and EE strictly support which is making me hopeful that at least the 3 new ones will have something worth while to make up for the damage loss.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Yeah definitely agree, i think theyre trying to make Chirpa and EE strictly support which is making me hopeful that at least the 3 new ones will have something worth while to make up for the damage loss.

Yeah, that would be cool. The lame zeta on Chirpa has me hopeful for at least a solid leader ability.

Not sure they would make those furballs meta worthy, but it would be great to see a bunch of threads about "how do you beat the furballs?"
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Well, that - and everyone would have to farm the three new ones to have a viable Ewok squad. Instead of a faction pass where they "buff" the older versions, it seems like they are making at least 1 or 2 of them obsolete.

Admittedly, we'll have to wait and see - but damage reduction to a team that was already extremely underpowered, DPS-wise, seems an odd choice.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • rockstarjay
    148 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

if they had buffed scout and left the others alone this would have been a great rework.

It took me so long to get all these bears to G11 and 7* that I really feel ripped off.

I put 250 stun cuffs on chirpa. I expect him to do some damage.

There's no way I'm spending a nickel on the new ones either. Why? If they aren't arena viable the only value is in raids. If a toon is good in raids it will get nerfed.

If I could press a button and undo the rework I would.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    Options
    The tank is hopefully a good taunter that also can benefit other ewoks in Imperial Trooper uniques type fashion, the attacker fixing that missing DPS -maybe a stun- and the support being able to mess with the enemy team with debuffs and control. Thats my furball goals
  • Options
    The tank is hopefully a good taunter that also can benefit other ewoks in Imperial Trooper uniques type fashion, the attacker fixing that missing DPS -maybe a stun- and the support being able to mess with the enemy team with debuffs and control. Thats my furball goals

But right now only scout do some damage and we gonna have 7 ewoks so you have to choice 5 so i dont see a meta change her and they are good in raid right now
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I think some folks are just lacking imagination and are being too untrusting of the devs.

The Empire faction pass was actually quite good but people are either too blind or too pig headed to recognize it.

I personally envision a Cassian type Unqiue for one of the new Ewoks.

Except, instead of a Defense Up buff for Ewok attackers, they will get that green skull buff from the Forest Moon event.

Basically a buff version of Death Mark.

If they had something like that, I minor decrease in damage stats would almost be necessary.

Tarkin's base stats for his attacks went down but his actual damage output and damage potential went WAY up.

Have a little faith people.

Murder bears will be a nasty little faction, just you wait and see :)

Also, there will definitely be a new leader ability, they just haven't said what it is or who will get it yet.
  • Options
    Two ewok supports got slight dmg reduction with big increase in assists, the only downside was some dmg, Why expect god like meta changing differences? Especially since everyone will complain about that then too.

Seen people saying "this is the worst faction pass ever"
    BREAKING NEWS: the faction pass isn't over

Big increase in assists? Compare Ewok Scout to other assist calling units like Qui-Gon, Geo Soldier, or Biggs. He is absolutely pathetic by comparison, and that is comparing to units that are for the most part obsolete now. Yeah he didn't have any assist before, but that just means that he went all the way from harmless to mostly harmless.

Same thing for Chirpa's zeta lead, Vader, Qui-Gon, and Maul were all pushed into the meta by their zeta leads, Chirpa only goes to meh.

I don't think anyone was seriously expecting Ewoks to become the new masters of arena, but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that a faction pass bring them up to similar standards of something like the Trooper rework.

I'm guessing that any even half decent Ewok squad is going to need all three of the new releases, and then throw in whichever two of the existing four are least pathetic. Or just use Chaze, it probably won't be as good as most other Chaze squads, but will likely still be better than using any of the current Ewoks.
  • Options

So I need to buy something new so chirpa can do the damage he did 3 days ago? No thanks.
  • Options
    As someone said, the sith faction pass was awesome and that is just the standard that people have now. The changes to count dooku, savage oppress, darth sidious had a large impact and with the release of darth nihilus and sith assasins they created a meta. This is something that hadnt happenend since then. There are still three ewoks to be released, so we shouldnt judge too early. But the changes on the current ewoks sound a little bit underhelming compared to other faction passes.
  • Options
    Ewoks are lame
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ewoks are lame

says the guy who got killed by a blind guy with a stick. :wink: