Allow ALL players to see guild chat

I'm sure this has come up before, but this is a chronic and very obnoxious problem for me as a guild leader.

Because of EA's policies, certain gamers (under 18 for example) cannot see/interact with guild chat. This means there are members in my guild that I have no way of communicating with. Yes, I have put our discord tag in the guild description, but I find this subset of players still won't join.

This means I am regularly faced with the problem of having to boot active players because they broke raid rules that they may not have been aware of, and I have no way of contacting them to inform them that they had done so. Also, given the absurd level of censorship in this game, I see no reason why young players should not be able to see the chat.

Either:
1. Let ALL players see the chat, as it should be
Or
2. Allow guild leaders to individually message guild members through in-game mail.

The guild announcement you recently added at the top of chat is seemingly meaningless if many players can't even see chat in the first place.

Replies

• Options
    I 100% agree. We should be able to not only message certain individual people in our guild but also what about being able to message people in your ally list. That'd be cool. :lol:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • hnspty
    16 posts Member
    Options
    I get the minor rule. However, I think the devs can see the obvious. There is a need to communicate certain basic things to members. Warnings about rule infractions and rules. Why not a checklist of basics a guild leader of officer can choose from to send as a message. No changes to text allowed so the under 18 rule is not an issue.
  • Options
    Cant agree more, we are currently having the same problem and apparently there is only 1 solution for rule breakers - kick out during that raid and re-invite right after the removal, so he wont get any reward but he can join the guild right away...
  • Options
    As a guild leader myself, I'd prefer more options to simply tailor the Raid experience to our guild's specifications, rather than more options to have to continuously explain the same rules over and over and over and over....

Grant us the ability to place a hold on Damage for the raid. Allow us to simply "Check in to the raid" or just automatically put everyone in the guild into the raid, same as Territory Battles, and eliminate the need to score a 0 altogether. This seems like it should have been something implemented from the beginning anyway. Everyone contributes to tickets, everyone should be automatically included in the raids.