Sidious vs Opress

So.... I finally got my Sid.
Simple question, shall I upgr him to 6-7* 1st or go for Savage?
Simple question 2: is Savage good for late game?
My team atm: Lumminara, Dooku, Sid, Consular, Chewie. Shall I go for Opress instead Chewie? Or maybe Ventress?
F2P

Also, Hi to JSA, remember U from HoDA, hoping for Ur in-depth annalysis on HoS 2 ;)

Replies

• Options
    I love Opress. I have him crit special at 3K regularly and his basic over 1500. He can take a huge beating. Like twice or more that of Sid. HP wise he is stronger than any of your others. I have Sid and Opress both at lvl 48, both 4* both Gear 6, both with Basic 3 Special 4 and Sid has an 11 point power rate advantage by the number, but I'll tell you in battles Opress does far more damage points than Sid, though the DOT and Heal immunity for Sid and his leader skill rocks. I'm working them both up.

Right now I run my A team as:

Sid(Leader)
    Opress
    Mace
    Lum
    Barriss(only because she takes more than Lum and her heal is stronger)

I'm on a tough server forced to fight higher level and rated, yet I am staying in the top 30 without any trouble with that team.

Once I get Lum to heal better I plan to swap Barriss and Secura(who I have hitting pretty hard on her special which self heals her)

Long story short. Opress is a beast. One of my fav overall players because of his power and toughness combo.
  • Options
    Yeh, I red he's quite nice :)
    But still, I wonder shall I get him now or 7* Sid 1st, what will give me more benefit sooner...
  • Options
    Get him. He will strengthen your team a lot. 1 strong guy is easy to take out if you focus on them, have a few and you are much more difficult to face. I'm 48 and mid 13k power based on who I show. I just destroyed a lvl 54 that was 16k power without losing 1 team member because of a balanced team not relying on 1 or 2 only. His team was strong, but relied on a very powerful Luke and Sid with Lum and JC, and Chewie. Opress took Lum to under 25% on 1 Overpower. I took over 50% of Lukes with 1 shot too. Get Opress, and get him to 5 or 6 and 4 on overpower fast as possible and he will help a ton. He has won me more battles than any other character. Him with Sid and Lum are a nice top 3 then decide on Duku, Chewie,or JC for the final two. Duku is fun but I like running a Primary healer because I like how Lum hits and her blast that blocks specials Gives you options. You go with Sid only as your heavy hitter, and Lum as a combo, they are both far lower health. My team would have Lum dead and Sid either dead or 1 shot from it by the end of the 5, just depends on how limp Barrisses hit is,lol. They just don't have the HP to take big hits like Savage does. I had Savage survive a LVL 52 Luke,Sid,Ventress,Lum, and Duku(with bonus) onslaught this morning in GW. Sid or Lum would have been dead meat from that 5 in a row. He is so worth getting before you 7* Sid.
  • Options
    Wow Shawn, you a salesman? Made me want opress lol
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Sidious is hard not to have in pvp when so many teams run healers and they will try and heal heros even with sids debuff on. Also sids leader ability is one of the best in the game. Having him starred up stops people from attacking you in pvp. Was able to snag #20 on my server today after getting him 5 star+lvl 5 leader ability in the morning. At 4 star i was getting dropped in the 100s and could barely get top 50. Getting an extra 50 crystals a day imo is worth maybe having a slightly weaker team.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    All I can say is I have them both and Opress is never used. If I see him (Opress) on an opposing team I cry... No just kidding, I generally ignore him cause he is mediocre
  • Options
    His lack of special abilities hurt, but he does more damage per attack than Sid, Lum, Mace, Maul, Ima, Ventress, Kenobi, Fet, Solo, 5's on the same level and gear and his HP is very high. So what if he lacks the bells and whistles of Sid or Kenobi or Lum. 1 on 1 same level he will be the one standing at fights end. Used with those who have specials he is a Sherman tank that dishes out and absorbs punishment at high levels. I fight people levels above me and Opresses big punch and high HP have been critical in winning. On my server I'm the only one in the top 30(#21) not level 50+ and I have used Opress since I got him. The only time he has died was in the 3 losses I suffered.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    not impressed with the opresses i've fought in arena (top 30-40). in gw, he's also lackluster, even on lvl 57+ teams. i don't use him myself, but i don't have any issues with him. sid isn't any more difficult to deal with, but his anti heal is fairly annoying
    mighty chlorians
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    His lack of special abilities hurt, but he does more damage per attack than Sid, Lum, Mace, Maul, Ima, Ventress, Kenobi, Fet, Solo, 5's on the same level and gear and his HP is very high. So what if he lacks the bells and whistles of Sid or Kenobi or Lum. 1 on 1 same level he will be the one standing at fights end. Used with those who have specials he is a Sherman tank that dishes out and absorbs punishment at high levels. I fight people levels above me and Opresses big punch and high HP have been critical in winning. On my server I'm the only one in the top 30(#21) not level 50+ and I have used Opress since I got him. The only time he has died was in the 3 losses I suffered.

There is no 1v1 and abilities are everything. I literally completely ignore him on the opposing arena as his damage is lackluster and his abilities aren't too scary.. A tank with crit? He's just a tank with some dps, and I have no real use for tanks. I have enough dps on my team when I finally do decide to kill him to smash him pretty quickly. On a defense team for arena he could be paired up with some toons to force your opponent to go past the timer but I could really care less about arena other than to grab 700-725 tokens. Sidious' abilities can be upgraded to drop heal immunity for 3 turns... That's far more useful to me than a tank and damage dealer. More damage than Lumi per attack? Not from what I've seen. What level is your force push on Lumi? Lumi at max levels has 300 more agility than him and her attacks are based on this score. There may be a good team for him but Lumi and Sid can be added to practically any team.
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »

There is no 1v1 and abilities are everything. I literally completely ignore him on the opposing arena as his damage is lackluster and his abilities aren't too scary.. A tank with crit? He's just a tank with some dps, and I have no real use for tanks. I have enough dps on my team when I finally do decide to kill him to smash him pretty quickly. On a defense team for arena he could be paired up with some toons to force your opponent to go past the timer but I could really care less about arena other than to grab 700-725 tokens. Sidious' abilities can be upgraded to drop heal immunity for 3 turns... That's far more useful to me than a tank and damage dealer. More damage than Lumi per attack? Not from what I've seen. What level is your force push on Lumi? Lumi at max levels has 300 more agility than him and her attacks are based on this score. There may be a good team for him but Lumi and Sid can be added to practically any team.

Well that is good for you. I just took both Sid and Lum out when it was those 2 vs my Opress left in Arena, so I guess he is not all bad. I'm lvl 49 they were both 53. So I guess he is not that Lackluster if he took both Sid and Lum out when it was those 2 vs him in arena as last 3 standing. To each their own though. I hit full health Lum with 1 special than basic, dead after taking her blast, Sid(also full health) I hit 2 basics after taking his attacks than a special, dead, victory. BTW unlike you I'm not knocking Lum and Sid, I run both them with Opress. I'm simply stating that Opress has won me more fights than both them combined with his toughness and punch. Oh and that heal Immunity you speak there is a counter called Barriss. I use Sid as my leader, but use Barriss also to counter him, use Mace to debuff, Savage to unleash damage, Lum to do her versitile attack. Anyway My full health 49 Opress took out the far more popular Lum and Sid at 53 both full health in a 2 on 1 so I'd not knock him too much since he is capable of that. Oh and yes more damage than Lumi per attack. I have both Lvl 49 4* gear 6 and Opress dishes out more damage than her. Both are at 4/4 basic and special, so Lumi is 4 on force push and Opress is 4 on Overpower. Lumi's blast is crit at 1800ish, Opress basic is crit at 1500-1800 presenbtly and his special has been crit over 2500. My finishing blow on Sid just now was Overpwer that crit at 2869. Force push from Lumi I broke 2k only twice on Crit, Opress crits on Overpower over 2k every single time. You talk of smashing quick. Lumi and Sid are far quicker to smash. I end them very quickly anytime I face them in any setting. They rarely make it out of round 2, Sid does at times if I decide to take out Barriss as well or a different threat. I do agree though on Lumi and sid can be slotted in on any team. I've been playing missions and Cantina with both with My recently upped Leia and Luke plus Lando and it has been great, borrowing Barriss from ally usiung her and Sids leader skills. Bottom line at 4* gear 6 LVL 4 special and basic Opress will outlast Sid and Lumi. In Arena it seems every team I face has Sid and Lumi, most have Barriss also than a combo of Chewie, JC, Ben, and Luke. End of the day it is about the right combo. I love when people with their "cannons" of Resistance Pilot, Tie, ect come in there. I 1 hit them out of the fight.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    Options
    lol shawn you're convincing me to start farming opress, I was thinking of getting Luke or resistance pilot.
  • Islindur
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    With addition of Kylo Ren, who looks badass, I dunno if there is still place for Savage... I want Kylo, I want to leave Sid+Dooku + 2healers... Or shall I swap Jedi Cons (dont have Barris) for Savage?