Any Viable Empire Teams?

Is there any viable Empire teams out there? Looking at Swgoh.gg it really doesn't look like it.

Replies

• Options
    zKrennik lead with zDeath Trooper, zShore trooper, TFP, and Tarkin
  • Options
    No Z on Shore, looks like with all that AOE it'd get ran over by CLS.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn (L), shore, death, krennic, TFP
  • Options
    I don't see how either of those teams are going to beat a meta rebels team.
  • Options
    Also Krenic is in less than 1% of teams with him being a leader in 0% https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/
  • Options
    That may be, but some of us don't like meta (hence dark side to begin with)
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Not to discourage, but us, Empire players have a really hard time without exceptionally good mods since Disney/EA/CG has a massive Rebel bias.
    That being said I have seen successful Empire teams, like Thrawn-Shore-Storm-Death-Krennic/Tarkin.
  • Options
    I could manage #1 arena everyday were it not locked by same payout time with:
    zThrawn, DK, zDT, ShT, DN.
    Dec 15 shard
  • Options
    zThrawn, DT, TFP, zNihilus, Shore
    Can still break into top10, always top20, overnight drop to 30s

CLS lead+zzR2 a pain in the bum. Might try a zVader lead and use Thrawn to make him go first to get some sticky debuffs to help TFP and Nihilus
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Lostrelms wrote: »

thats exactly the team i run

https://swgoh.gg/u/theepdx/

not got ubermods but ok. i was running ep lead and was 150-100, moved to dk and got under 50 a couple of times, but dropped 60-150 last night! cls is a complete nightmare. can trounce resistance if i ab block poe, and jedi are generally ok but new rebel teams just blow me away.

i missed thrawn, got all poonix to 7* now bar sabine 55/100 or so.

im one gear from gxii for DT so wondering whether to carry on or cut my losses and go LS.

sigh

• Options
    Same team as cipher except Tarkin rides the bench. Top 3 daily. I drop as far as mid twenties but usually less.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    thee_pdx wrote: »

not got ubermods but ok. i was running ep lead and was 150-100, moved to dk and got under 50 a couple of times, but dropped 60-150 last night! cls is a complete nightmare. can trounce resistance if i ab block poe, and jedi are generally ok but new rebel teams just blow me away.

im one gear from gxii for DT so wondering whether to carry on or cut my losses and go LS.

sigh

It's only going to get worse once CHS and ROLO hit arena.

That being said, your mods are NOT ok. At least not for an Empire squad.

Your toons are way too slow and a little light on protection.

https://swgoh.gg/u/gaidal cain/

I stopped trying to take first. It is too frustrating right now. :\

Edit:

OP, Krennic is currently THE HARDEST dark side toon to farm. His absence from the meta report should be taken with that in mind.

I just spent the last 4 months farming his hard node and refreshing it every day since the hard nodes were increased from 3 to 5.

I also bought st least 24 shards from shipments.

Running Krennic also requires having DT on the squad and Zeta'd.
  • Options
    Onark wrote: »
    Same team as cipher except Tarkin rides the bench. Top 3 daily. I drop as far as mid twenties but usually less.

Can you show me your mods?
    I do not have Thrawn yet sadly - I was so angered by the underhanded move of making it Phoenix-based with just 1 week left that I skipped it - but I have saved up gear and mats for him to catapult to G11 (only need the really rare ones now like the Mk7 shield generator, the Mk8 electrobinocular and the Mk 10 lens).
  • Options
    thee_pdx wrote: »

sigh

It's only going to get worse once CHS and ROLO hit arena.

That being said, your mods are NOT ok. At least not for an Empire squad.

Your toons are way too slow and a little light on protection.

https://swgoh.gg/u/gaidal cain/

I stopped trying to take first. It is too frustrating right now. :\

ok well thanks for the tips. i guess i should have said theyve got the best mods i own. yours are clearly lots better. not farmed any for a while due to pheonix/OB from cantina.

cheers
  • Options
    Pure empire:
    Zrennic
    Zeathtrooper
    Shore
    TIE
    Thrawn
    You'd have to get lucky and fracture Luke ASAP
  • Options
    It depends on your Shard's age, really. I'm on a very old shard, so there is no team I could possibly put together to counter these Meta-Rebels. There are a few people on my shard using teams like those listed above (with fantastic mods as well), and they're all sitting in the 30-50 range.

If, however, you're on a younger shard, you've got a chance. Just expect an uphill battle.
  • Options
    After joining the Empire's discord channel and talking to people, it seems like Thrawn, DT, ShT, ST, and either Krennick or Tarkin can hold top 5.
  • Options
    @Skylynx how do you join that channel? Can you invite me?

gaidalcain#4981