Mods - speed secondaries

Anyone know when speed secondary enhancements will be switched back on? I'm on a month now where if speed secondary is greater than green they don't turn

Replies

• Options
    Just unlucky my friend.
  • Options
    Law of averages says different lol
  • Options
    Slarty0111 wrote: »
    Law of averages says different lol

It does not, you get 0 in 3 months, somebody gets 20 good mods in a week.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Kinda agree on this one. I've been farming mods since they got released and have nothing but garbage speed secondary mods to show for it. I've had to buy around 80% of my speed arrows alone. I can honestly say I've got maybe 5 double digit speed secondary mods. I'm left scratching my head wondering where people get so many great speed secondary mods.
    Oh well, keep farming.
  • Options
    It is all RNG. The one thing that **** me off is when you have a sweet gold mod with a 5 speed showing and you level it up and you still have a sweet 5 showing.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    That "sweet5" don't look so "sweet" no mo.
    I know this all to well. Lol
  • Options
    I've had luck from the mod shop. 90% of all my good mods are from there!
  • Options
    It does seem like speed secondaries don't upgrade as frequently as they used to early on. And just getting a mod with a speed secondary to drop through mod challenges seems to be more rare too.

Most of my best speed secondaries came from mods I got from early mod packs and purchases in mod shipments. It has gotten progressively worse through time.
  • Options
    I went a solid month and a half without a good mod. Then BAM 3 mods 12+ speed secondary in 1 day.
  • Options
    I may be jumping the gun here... but remember the ewok AT-ST event?

The one that gave gold health mods?

Everyone moaned about how they were just cruddy health mods...

Remember EA/CG let you borrow a maxed ewok team for that and there were places locked out for other mod types etc...

It was my understanding that at some point in the future diffrent mod types, possibly new mod types or even 6* or 7* mods might become available there when it comes back.

None of this is offical... but if you havent been working on your ewoks then i suggest you do.
  • Options
    RNG. However, I found a strategy that works rather well for me. Once a month or so I will spend a couple hundred crystals on mod shipments refreshes. It sounds expensive, but if you compare it to two cantina refreshes for mods it becomes quite a bit more acceptable. In all the times I've tried it only once have I failed to get a decent secondary speed. Sometimes it is only green, but even then 200 crystals is a small price to pay. I think it's worse when you get the 5-dot gold mods with a nice 5 initial speed and then end up at 5 speed when all is said and done.

Try it out. Worst case you're out a couple hundred crystals you might have used to farm mods in cantina to get a bunch of 5-dot protection arrows. But I think you're likely to see impressive success rates.
  • Options
    It's all RNG :/
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    Makes you wonder how purchases seem to turn but farming doesn't....but that's me dangerously assuming that all mods are levelled from same rng pot
  • Options
    from this ewok event i got a +18 speed secondary. from +3 speed. It is just rng m8
  • Options
    I constantly get speed secondaries on 3 and 4* mods

Then the other day in mod shipments there were two purple arrow mods with +5 secondaries but no speed on the primary.

RNG and Mod store are mocking me recently.
  • Options
    Maybe the better question is: why should we accept that one secondary stat is completely broken compared to all other stats.