Fellow women players: how many are we?

Hi everyone. I’ve been meaning to ask this for a while, for pure curious anthropological purposes of understanding game interaction. Are there many more women gamers in here?
I want to see how the gender distribution falls in SWGOH :)
On my end, we’ve got in our guild 4 of us, so it’s 4/50 so far.

Replies

• Options
    2 in our guild.
  • Options
    We’ve got three in my guild, and two more of my friends played when the game came out but drifted off at some point.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, 0/50 in our guild... :(
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    We have 2 in our guild.

While it is an interesting topic of conversation, this is completely un game related.

Moved to off topic.
  • Options
    We have one that I know of. Nice to see female players.
  • Options
    we have over 15 guildmates with female avatars not sure if female tho
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Hello! Me and one other in my guild (that's identified herself anyhow). Definitely seems like a small percentage overall.
  • Options
    My wife plays as much as me. She just doesn't nerd out enough for forums, lol.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I’d imagine some women might be apprehensive about making their gender public on the forums.
  • Options

Thanks for your replies!

Very enlightening!!!
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I’d imagine some women might be apprehensive about making their gender public on the forums.
    That is exactly what I’ve been thinking for a long while, and why I decided to ask around. I want to know why in this place I visit often, for a game I adore, will being straightforward about my gender would affect my interactions... it’s funny too, because almost 95% of people I converse through here will almost certainly start addressing me as a guy/man and it really makes a point in generalizing how the gender distribution goes in gaming.

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies!

Very enlightening!!!
    DatBoi wrote: »
    That is exactly what I’ve been thinking for a long while, and why I decided to ask around. I want to know why in this place I visit often, for a game I adore, will being straightforward about my gender would affect my interactions... it’s funny too, because almost 95% of people I converse through here will almost certainly start addressing me as a guy/man and it really makes a point in generalizing how the gender distribution goes in gaming.

I can’t really say for a forum, but i know online gaming can be awful for women, especially if things get heated
  • Options
    we have over 15 guildmates with female avatars not sure if female tho

So statistically speaking, with some generous rounding, one actual female
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Two in my guild, myself and one other. I would be interested in a all-female guild.
  • Options
    Wouldn't making this a private poll have been much more efficient in terms of figuring out how many women (that visit the Off Topic section of the forums and) play SW:GOH? Even then, I'm not sure why this is at all relevant, or why it matters in the slightest (or why people are treating women like victims because people are sometimes mean and/or creepy on the internet; guys it's no where near that bad).

That said, there are four of us--that I know of--in my guild; three of us brought our other halves along (or were brought along by them) and another on her own.
    ... I would be interested in a all-female guild.

After the way more than a few all-female businesses turned out? I wouldn't be.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

What the heck is this supposed to mean?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • GreenGoblin96
    1321 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Wouldn't making this a private poll have been much more efficient in terms of figuring out how many women (that visit the Off Topic section of the forums and) play SW:GOH? Even then, I'm not sure why this is at all relevant, or why it matters in the slightest (or why people are treating women like victims because people are sometimes mean and/or creepy on the internet; guys it's no where near that bad).

That said, there are four of us--that I know of--in my guild; three of us brought our other halves along (or were brought along by them) and another on her own.

Omg, someone has a big problem against women. The op just wanted to know out of curiosity, and it's a fun topic.

Edit: i think my guild leader is female
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

If you don’t understand what that means TVF , lol, jes leave it lie
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

If you don’t understand what that means TVF , lol, jes leave it lie

I was giving someone a chance to correct themselves. But I'll just report it instead.

And people wonder why women don't like to let on that they're women on the internet.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    On topic, we have one woman I'm aware of in my guild, she's married to another guildmate. We have many guild members who don't talk much though, so it's certainly possible some of them are also women.

There's also a few women in my fleet shard chat, at minimum.
  • Options
    Report it for what? Bein* honest? Don’t be a tool.

We have two , had four at one point , but a couple have wandered off.
  • Ulic_24
    106 posts Member
    Options
    There were two in my old guild, significant others of guild mates.

• TVF
    36634 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Report it for what? Bein* honest?

Explain what he meant then. Provide concrete examples, and also failure rates of those businesses to all businesses, and also the context for the reason for the failures. And explain how it wasn't just a poor attempt at humor by taking a shot at women.

Either that or be quiet.
  • Options
    Report it for what? Bein* honest?

Explain what he meant then. Provide concrete examples, and also failure rates of those businesses to all businesses, and also the context for the reason for the failures.

Either that or be quiet.

Lol, right, try reading comprehension , the player you are try9ng to be a tool towards, . . Is a female .. .nice fail by the way .

Omg, someone has a big problem against women. The op just wanted to know out of curiosity, and it's a fun topic.

Also, re read , your claiming a female player has an issue with women, sorry, “a big problem”. . .

SMH , reading comprehension 101 folks, try it some time .
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Lol you're right, I didn't read all that and didn't realize she was female. My bad.

I still would love to know what she means by that though. Maybe you should let her explain herself? My questions are reasonable no matter the gender of the person who posted it.
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    "Your comment will appear after it has been approved."

Hm. Let's try this again:

Several women have tried to start all-female businesses, only to wind up with ruined livelihoods, hostile work environments (caused by the general cattiness and viciousness of other women rather than harassment), and ruined reputations. The story that immediately comes to mind when talking about this is the production company Samantha Brick started in the UK; the article is on the daily mail (I'm assuming linking that article is why I can't respond, rather than people reporting me).

I certainly wouldn't want to work in that kind of environment, let alone spend my leisure time like that.

Oh, no! Someone said something skeptical about their own gender on the internet! Someone call the forum police! Come on man, a little reading comprehension wouldn't hurt.

• TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    FWIW I sent a second report to unreport my first report. ;)
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    "Your comment will appear after it has been approved."

Hm. Let's try this again:

Several women have tried to start all-female businesses, only to wind up with ruined livelihoods, hostile work environments (caused by the general cattiness and viciousness of other women rather than harassment), and ruined reputations. The story that immediately comes to mind when talking about this is the production company Samantha Brick started in the UK; the article is on the daily mail (I'm assuming linking that article is why I can't respond, rather than people reporting me).

I certainly wouldn't want to work in that kind of environment, let alone spend my leisure time like that.

Thank you. Since I failed to read your original post thoroughly, it read like you were taking a shot at women, which you obviously weren't doing.
This discussion has been closed.