AI Fixes (Hermit Yoda and Princess Leia)

Hermit Yoda: Recently been shown that he doesn't prioritized debuffed targets with his Masters Training and also doesn't use his Strengths Flows From The Force often enough, even though with the protection regain it should be used whenever its off cooldown.

Princess Leia: After her rework her AI was not reworked in the same to match her new abilities, when she use her Rebel Tactics, eventually when it comes off cooldown, instead of using it she will wait for her next turn instead, probably due to the fact her old version had an extra turn on cooldown.

Imo a lot of AI's for characters need to be looked at to improve their defense as its a problem when a good character/faction can't hold its own because of its poor AI.

Replies

• Options
    I'd love to just have Hermit Yoda AI prioritize 1. MT, 2. SFFTF, 3. his basic...maybe only use SFFTF over MT if someone is less than 50% hp or something...but the way his AI is now its just ridiculous that he sits there spamming his basic multiple turns in a row while he has a much better heal/protection restore skill, that also provides foresight for Jedi, that he goes entire fights without even using.

HY AI should never be using his basic while either of his other two skills are off cool down.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    moved to correct sub forum for dev visibility.
  • Options
    PLEASE fix Yoda's SFFTF ability. He should never sit on that ability when it can heal 20% protection and award foresight.
  • Options
    Kinda sad that the new Kylo will be a much more effective healer with his heal/protection restore on status effect as a passive ability than Hermit Yoda will be with his active abilities if they won't fix this. Well who I am kidding...he'll probably out heal HY even if they do fix it.
  • Options
    Kinda sad that the new Kylo will be a much more effective healer with his heal/protection restore on status effect as a passive ability than Hermit Yoda will be with his active abilities if they won't fix this. Well who I am kidding...he'll probably out heal HY even if they do fix it.

I feel ya, I hope they get this fixed done soon but I guess this isn't considered 'priority'
  • Options
    It’s prioritised as highly as Savage’s Overpower.
  • Options
    Well, this is a bummer. I’ve been hoarding everything TB wise to unlock Hermit Yoda, and when I finally did it yesterday, I’ve learned from the forums that he’s a bad toon on defense due to how the AÍ uses his abilities. Not to mention, I saved a zeta for him but now I’m having second thoughts on whether or not I should use it.
    Either way, I have high hopes of a ‘fix’, since Thrawn had the same issue and that was treated pretty fast.
    @CG_Kozispoon do we have news on this issue?
  • Options
    I havent seen hermit yoda use ‘Strength Flows From the Force’ on auto yet. Even when toons are below 40% health.

Please fix this broken toon.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Truth. I put numerous posts in the bug forums about this months ago. Completely neglected by the dev team.
  • Options
    I guess a ‘free’ toon is not interesting too fix?

Incase any devs are reading this:

- His ‘Master training’ should prio damage dealers imho and toons with debuffs.

- ‘Strenght flows from the force’ should be used on auto whenever its off cooldown (and ‘Masters training’ is on cooldown). The heal/protection/foresight is just too valuable to miss.
  • Options
    Do you really want Leia to use her stealth correctly though? She generally triple taps on defense all the time as is - using her correctly would make her particularly lethal. For the record, I use her in an arena team and when she's on, she's amazing - I've had a number of encounters where she's beaten a CLS one on one.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon do we have news on this issue?

I'd love a dev response on this one as well as to whether or not we could expect a revamp in his AI. I'd love to zeta this toon and use him in my Jedi squad, but if his AI is working as intended and going to stay as is, I've got better uses for future TB currency and zetas.
  • Options
    They've fixed anything relating to Talzin immediately in terms of bugs judging by this weeks update... guess hermit yoda is forgotten about.
  • KFD
    17 posts Member
    Options
    I'd also like to see Hermit Yoda fixed asap. Considering the amount of effort needed to acquire his shards he should working properly. The Zeta is worthless on defense when he won't ever use the ability unless someones health is low enough.
  • Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Princess Leia: After her rework her AI was not reworked in the same to match her new abilities, when she use her Rebel Tactics, eventually when it comes off cooldown, instead of using it she will wait for her next turn instead, probably due to the fact her old version had an extra turn on cooldown.
    Yeah, this needs to be fixed. It's real frustrating that she not only leaves herself vulnerable for a turn, but misses out on the sweet, sweet buffs she gets for stealthing while already stealthed.

One thing, though, her cooldown wasn't changed with the update. The Omega upgrade always dropped it by 1, effectively giving her permastealth. But not many folks bothered with that upgrade because 1) It was bugged even back then so she wouldn't use it, and 2) Since it took her whole turn, unless you were using Admiral Ackbar as your leader it was a big sacrifice.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Yeah, this needs to be fixed. It's real frustrating that she not only leaves herself vulnerable for a turn, but misses out on the sweet, sweet buffs she gets for stealthing while already stealthed.

One thing, though, her cooldown wasn't changed with the update. The Omega upgrade always dropped it by 1, effectively giving her permastealth. But not many folks bothered with that upgrade because 1) It was bugged even back then so she wouldn't use it, and 2) Since it took her whole turn, unless you were using Admiral Ackbar as your leader it was a big sacrifice.

Ah, i just assumed because it would make sense if they reworked her but not her AI, honestly a lot of AI's in general are just bad.
  • Options
    +1 to all of this. The hermit yoda AI is inexcusable.
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon any news about Hermit Yoda AI? Even info about IF it gets fixed or this is wai will by much appreciated!
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Truth. I put numerous posts in the bug forums about this months ago. Completely neglected by the dev team.

Good news, they have fixed Hermit AI (much to my surprise).

Now what about Savage's Overpower and Princess Leia?
  • Options
    Don’t play on auto. Fixed.
  • Options
    Don’t play on auto. Fixed.

Oh wow, why didn't I think of that? Can't wait to not play on Auto on defense.
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

Good news, they have fixed Hermit AI (much to my surprise).

Now what about Savage's Overpower and Princess Leia?
    I don't run up against Leia very often, but I'm pretty sure when I do she winds up re-stealthing now. It was something I noticed more when playing Jedi, but now that I have switched to Resistance she only gets the one turn...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.