Help: good team needed

db77
25 posts Member
Hello there!
I've been neglecting the fleet arena for a long time. Lately I started to think that MAYBE there was something useful there too, so I began trying to build a solid team that would make me jump high in fleet arena.
I'm F2P and I'm not talking about getting to the top 10, but since I've learned what a zeta is I'm looking at fleet value differently and I would like not to be stuck with 1000 a day.
The thing is: I really don't know what makes a good ship and what doesn't. I got Fives' and Ahsoka's because I'm using them in Arena, but I'm not sure they are as good pilots as they are characters.
There are not many ships in the game yet so I cannot just build a team on synergy: who should I look for?

Replies

• Options
    The best ship lineups consist of Biggs, imp tie, fo tie, Vader tie +1 of (reaper, fives, bistan)
    On the bench you want maul first reserve, followed by slave 1 after that's it really doesn't matter.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    You wants biggs. He is basically the only tank. Then you want people that can put target lock on the other team.

If you haven't put a lot of focus on fleet before in the short term you can probably improve by using characters you have at high stars and gears and work on formulating a good team later.
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Agreed you want Biggs and target lockers to go with him. That's about the best synergy. And I recommend Tarkin because he has synergy with two good target lockers, Tie Fighter and Vader.

I'm running Tarkin with Biggs/FOTF/TF/Vader/Boba.

But with the ships you have right now, I'd concentrate on ships you can get in the GW store for now. Biggs FOTF and TF mainly. I also still use Wedge Geo Soldier and JC ships on my bench, not everyone likes those but Wedge is very useful in other parts of the game (especially with Biggs), JC is an easy farm, and Geo Soldier is very easy to gear.

Save your fleet tokens to buy the more rare ships that will help with TL - mainly Slave 1 and Tie Advanced.

Ashoka and Fives both have their place but I've never really used them. Ashoka does have a nice dispell and evasion up is nice. Fives has a better dispell and also nice debuffs.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    5s has a really good ship, which will benefit you for a long time, while Ahsoka's ship is quite good for a start. Hang on to them for now. JC's ship is also very good for at start, primarily as a replacement (both JC and his ship are easy farms).

Biggs' ship is a must—have, with target locking ships (Vader, TFP, FOTP, 5s, Boba etc.) around him. Every time you inflict target lock to an enemy Biggs will both auto—taunt and regenerate protection.

AA's capital is the weakest. Mace' is strong on offense, but weak on defense since AI doesn't spread out target locks. Thrawn's is the strongest of the 4, but the hardest one to acquire (legendary event). Grand Moff Tarkin is your best bet as fleet commander.
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    AA's capital ship is fine, I ran it for a long time before switching to Tarkin. It's got more flexibility than the other two, a mix of offense and defense, so there's an argument to be made for running it early on.

It also has synergy with rebel ships and ships that assist or attack out of turn (like Geo Soldier).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • db77
    25 posts Member
    Options
    Well now I have plenty of informations to work with. Gotta go and get my Biggs to 7*. Thank you very much for the help!
  • Options
    Another note alot of people run tie fighter who can dodge alot (44% dodge rate on mine) having a couple ships with unavoidable attacks is a good plan. Vader tie basic, bistan basic while stealthed, and poe special. I highly recommend poe off the bench his special can just about one shot a tie fighter and his basic will daze enemies with target lock works very well against Tarkin reinforcements who get retribution