Ezra vs Sabine who is better for offense?

So having had worked on Ezra for a while now I'm beginning to not like him so much. Aside from the fact that I see very little use from his unique ability as it doesn't seem to be doing anything in the sense of boosting team offense. Sabine on the other hand does more with her unique with boosted critical chance and damage and appears to be more effective in the offensive department where Ezra seems to fail miserably. My only problem is that I never finished Sabine up to 7 stars yet so what I'd like to know is if she is worth the trouble and if she'd be a better replacement for Ezra on a Phoenix team.

Replies

• Options
    Zabine>Zezra>Ezra>Sabine imo
  • Options
    Ignoring Zetas since I dont have them on either yet, so I have Ezra at 83 G10 and Sabine at 83 G9. Everything but zeta and pretty crappy mods. Both are incredible offense wise especially when Ezra calls Sabine and he gets a bonus attack. It is obvious, but Phoenix is best when working together. Until Jedi's get a rework, I dont see ever using them for anything outside of a Phoenix team.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    If you use Ezra’s second attack on a nonbuffed enemy, he gets 70% tm (95% with his zeta). Then he can quickly call Hera to attack with him assisting (likely twice), giving him another 60% tm and her 20%. Then Hera can soon call Ezra to assist who will again likely attack twice. If Hera has a zeta, he gets 50% tm and reduces his cooldowns allowing him to use his second attack again.

Thats a whole lot of attacks from a very high DPS character. If you start a new encounter in a TB (where the enemy starts with 0 tm), he could attack up to 5 times before they attack once.
  • Options
    DatBoi and Anakin_Skywalker are correct. While Zeta Sabine is probably better in Phoenix then Zeta Ezra, it has nothing to do with her out damaging him and everything to do with AoE Stagger & Expose on a 3 turn(often 2) cooldown is crazy control.

Even non zeta'd Ezra's synergy with Hera is amazing, and quite often leads to the highest health enemy being dead before they get a turn.
  • Options
    If you want more offense...why are you debating which heavy hitter to bench? Bench Chopper.
  • Options
    I've never used chopper. Yes he heals some....but sabine far out damages him. And if it's for thrawn 7* I'd go damage over heal Amy day of the week. I like to send her after whoever just went getting her max hits on her basic. Ezra debuffs calls assist and doubles his basic often. And his unique gives everyone extra offense the more turns they take.