Spectator function for TW?

Hi Guys,

The new TW started yesterday and it made me think. I dont like the reward system of TW (its designed in a way that both sides lose at high guild gp), but I do enjoy seeing my guild fight. Its fun to see that when some of my guild mates is stopped, someone else comes in and tries to get past that partixular opponent squad, even if that means using up 2 even 3 squads, becazse of being able to kill only a few of those super strong characters at a time. Also, I like seeing my friends defend. That after multiple incoming attacks, they still have one last golden champion still standing and holding the line.

The problem is, I dont actually see these fights. Im just clixking refreshrs and try to put the pieces together, from seeing the auto messages (x has earned 10 points for defending) and seeing the defending teams..

If there was a functiinality to actually view these fights, by logging in as a spectator to a particular match, this part of swgoh would be the best thing ever. It would give tremendous amount of community feel, adrenaline and cheer, just like some sports fans enjoy watching their favorite teams matches in real life.

What do you think, would you enjoy this feature?

Replies

• Options
    Ugh. Not every game is "e-sports" material. I have no desire at all to watch other people play a game like this one.
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'd like to see this added but seems a monster ordeal for the devs.

I for one would appreciate a log so officers can see who attacked who, with what and when. Had one member hit 104k JTR team and started the turn meter. Now it's an impossible task. This easier addition would aid officers a ton.

+1 but if not possible, hopefully my option 2 :smile:
  • Options
    It could be a very interesting thing, it could be just a log of the fight not an entire record and could be very helpful to unmask cheaters.
  • Options
    the fights happen "client-side" (which also open the door for cheating, obviously). its not happen 100% on the server. therefore, can't really happen, not in the current way fights are, in this game.
    if they'll change the fights to be server-side, their servers will crush often. i believe its better for a mobile game like that to keep this client-side, and the server will get the info at the end of the fight.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    already too many crashes.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    As if tw wasn't screwed up enough.
  • Options
    I try to spectate a Russian guy who wiped 6 of our best teams in guild over 89k power in a single shot all of them and than I saw him do 2 more tries in teams 61k power first order and than a droid team 62k power,he fought around 3-4 min and when his try was over he didn’t even land a hit on both teams.if he used 2 lower teams than ours I think playing 3-4 min means he could actually land a single hit cause he couldn’t just wait without doing a skill or hit.i am confused.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ewqewqc wrote: »
    the fights happen "client-side" ,its not happen 100% on the server. therefore, can't really happen

This.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    If they were going to do this I would take it one step further and give replays across the game. I would like to see how my teams fared in Arena when I am dropping from 5 to 50 in a day.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    If they were going to do this I would take it one step further and give replays across the game. I would like to see how my teams fared in Arena when I am dropping from 5 to 50 in a day.

In the current setup, replays would really be the only option. I still don't see this being likely for other reasons
  • Options
    Nice idea, but too much effort for too little gain.
    It's a nice to have, not a need to have.
    Unfortunately there are still plenty of, considerably more important, need to haves that require addressing first.