What the CLS-Killer team of New Vader+Palpatine Consist of?

So yeah I can't wait to kill rebel CLS teams in arena with me FAST AF Vader.

So yeah as of now I have Vader G12,Emperor G11(working towards g12),Thrawn G11(Working towards G12) .

Would nihilus work? Zylo Ren? Maul?Tarkin?Sdious?

I think it needs a tank,shoretrooper is out of the question.

Ideeas?

Replies

• Options
    zmaul, vader, palp, s troop, s assasin?
  • Options
    hmm zmaul?

That's an interesting choice seeing that zmaul doesn't see any use now.

You think it will bring zmaul teams back into the meta?
  • Options
    Vader(l) shore sith trooper ep thrawn
  • Options
    zvader zwampa zpalpatine shore zthrawn
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    newbornFL wrote: »
    hmm zmaul?

Zaul will be one of a number of options that can be used to adjust your team depending on your opposition. Zaul will still be treated harshly by r2d2 but he mighnt be in 85% of teams every more.
  • Options
    I can't wait for when I will try:
    ZZ Vader, Z Thrawn, Z Palpatine... for the other 2 I think we will need some days of "trial&terror". We'd have several options: Shoretrooper, Nihilus, Z Savage maybe, TFP why not?
    Or we will add some well defined milestones (GK? CLS?...)
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    hmm zmaul?

Zaul will be one of a number of options that can be used to adjust your team depending on your opposition. Zaul will still be treated harshly by r2d2 but he mighnt be in 85% of teams every more.

R2 beats maul but Vader and palpatine are going to be great against rebels, possibly enough to offset r2
  • Options
    I would experiment with Zader lead, Palp, Thrawn, TFP, + Sith Trooper or Shoretrooper or even Stormtrooper as tank
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Never change a running system.

Thrawn is an direct counter to Zader so I will stick with

zzThrawn (L), Shore, GK, DT and No 5 will be zPalpatine, Krennic, zNihilus, Zader, zAsajj or zVeers.

Depends on the oponents team. ^^

• Options
    I plan on Zader, Zalpatine, zThrawn, Tarkin, Stormtrooper. And keep Veers, DT, Shore, Snow, Starck as my Imp Troopers squad.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to strategy section.

• Options
    If you use zMaul leadership, r2 comes back in the arena and takes maul out.

To shut down r2 in arena, you will need palp zeta leadership.
  • Options
    Palp (L), Vader, Shore, Thrawn and DN or ST
  • Options
    As long as R2 is around, I don’t see how zMaul can be an effective lead other than the 20% TM gain at the start of each encounter.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    The stealth is kinda annoying though, prevents you from focusing fire...unless I'm missing something. Been a long time since I've seen a zMaul team.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Thrawn (l), EP, Vader, Shore, Death
    MS
  • Options
    Would stormtrooper work in place of shore until shore can be unlocked?
  • Options
    Everyone forgets about Imperial Probe Droid (probably because no one has him).

Thinking zzEP, zVader, zIPD, Shoretrooper, Thrawn/Nihilus would be fairly successful.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Thrawn lead, palp, Vader, deathtrooper, shoretrooper.

Or

Palp lead, Vader, thrawn, sith assassin, shoretrooper.
  • Options
    hmm zmaul?

Why not? If using zmaul, u don't need tank bcause if all sith then they all can go stealth. Weakness maybe it's very RNG dependant. But i think many people that have maul already zetaed will try the composition hmm
  • Options
    What do you guys think of Zaul with the new siths? Zaul, SiT, DN, Sion + 5th. That 5th could even be hoda or CLS to change things up. This set up gets the attention away from DN and Sion to give them time to get to hatred and annihilate. Hoda would provide cleanse, heal, added turns to speed up the uniques for DN and sion, and ultimately Jedi Training on top of hatred sion would be a beast. Thoughts?
  • Options
    I’ve been running a CLS team for a while. 109K+ and I can usually reach #1 in my Arena shard if I put in some effort. I’m really a Sith guy from the start but had to shift to CLS when he made all Siths totally useless. To the point: now I have zz my Palpatine and got ready to shift back. CLS killer? The new Palp teams may be many things, but it ain’t no CLS killer. I threw in zzPalp with zVader, zSavage (zMaul is still pretty much useless), Sith Trooper and zNihilus. Surprise: they still ****. :(
    New zzPalp lead is ok with a maxed Sion and Thrawn to pick up the slack, but in all seriousness – I still don’t have a lot of problems taking down super fast zzPalp teams with my CLS team. Han and Luke usually take out Palp before he gets a single attack, and then I’ll either wear down silly ol’ General Kenobi if he’s there, or go straight for Nihilus/Thrawn/Sion depending on team structure. Too bad, I was waiting and hoping so much for the new Palp upgrade. :(