STH or Old Ben?

The title tells the story. I'm running an 80% rebel team at the moment, with Wedge, Biggs, Leia, STH and Rex. I got both STH and Old Ben at 7*, G9 and with some decent mods. I'm using STH but I know Old Ben is good as well and I was wondering who should I gear up between the two.
I got just one stun gun at the moment and both of them need it, and I would like to be sure I'm giving it to the most deserving tank.

Replies

• CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I like using STHan.

But - Old Ben is better.
    Post edited by CoastalJames on
  • Options
    I struggled with this same decision recently, and once I finally switched to Ben I was glad. I run R2 instead of rex though, so his ghetto-taunt lets Ben use his ability block first turn. Also Han is kinda useless once his taunt gets dispelled, Ben's zeta helps that a lot, plus his other useful skills make him much better overall.
  • Options
    I'm gonna try it in arena and see what happens. STH has his really cool "come get me" taunt but Old Ben looks way more "complete" than him.
  • Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I would go with Ben. I don't currently run him but he's got the ability block and I think he'd a lot more durable. And if you give him his zeta he can still taunt through fracture. Im usually in the top 50 in my arena and I see a lot more old ben compared to st Han
    Post edited by Bill0207 on
  • Options
    OB with omega on Mind Tricks is the way better than STH and his intermittent TM removal. If it doesn’t stick rebels get TM. Win/win
  • Options
    Old Ben. He has way more health, Mind Tricks, and when he dies he gives you massive buffs. I personally use mind tricks before Taunt, but up to you. Ive never used Rex but if you have Thrawn or R2 both help a lot.

I dont have Wiggs either, but I pick on teams with them. The vadt majority of people run them around 130-150 speed for some reason. They have like a 40 point speed buff. Dont know why people do t take advantage of it.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Both are good. Traditionally I would have recommended Old Ben, but StHan seems too good when not correctly dealt with. If I let him taunt and don't remove his taunt in time, the enemy already gets endless turns as if they are zeta Finn team and I'm lost
  • Options
    Personally I run a similar team using Wiggs, Old Ben, St Han and Chirrut. It might be worth you using, both St Han and Old Ben instead of Rex and see how you do
  • Options
    Old ben without fail.
    I have faced both.
    Facing OBK is much tougher than st han tbh.
  • Options
    St han has his uses. But as someone who moved from sthan to old ben, I can say I wouldn't dream of switching back. Old ben is far more tanky, ability blocks, re.oves turn meter, and inflicts evasion down on basic. Sthan just grants allies tm, then dies in two turns. That said, I use both in haat p3...
  • Options
    Old Ben for sure
  • Options
    I used to run zSTH....switched to OB for the above reasons.
  • Options
    Old Ben is better.
    Further, he works well yet at g9.
  • Options
    I’m going with Old Ben then. I could try both but Rex works well, he’s still too fast for Vader so I’m never getting damage over time on my characters. I’m using him till I get R2 or Han, but we’ll see how things play out with these imperial reworks.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Old Ben. He has way more health, Mind Tricks, and when he dies he gives you massive buffs. I personally use mind tricks before Taunt, but up to you. Ive never used Rex but if you have Thrawn or R2 both help a lot.

I dont have Wiggs either, but I pick on teams with them. The vadt majority of people run them around 130-150 speed for some reason. They have like a 40 point speed buff. Dont know why people do t take advantage of it.

I used to pick on them with a Jedi team, now I got them around 185-190 speed, and Leia well above that. I don’t have R2 yet but I’m ready for the next event, Thrawn is just a dream right now. Too much going on and when I started I didn’t even know who Ezra was (nor the others)
  • Options
    Kinda dangerous using OB right now due to palp n vader rework. With palp unique, OB will take 40% max health damage bcause he have dual jedi rebel tag :frowning:
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Kinda dangerous using OB right now due to palp n vader rework. With palp unique, OB will take 40% max health damage bcause he have dual jedi rebel tag :frowning:
    Now let's shock OB and hit every other Rebels to boost his tm as much as possible
    OB is gone!
    Oh wait what's all that green above their head
  • Options
    Now let's shock OB and hit every other Rebels to boost his tm as much as possible
    OB is gone!
    Oh wait what's all that green above their head

memesdeomg4.jpg
  • Options

I know Racer, not a good time to run rebels in arena. But most of Palps in my shard are so slow and squishy I can take them out before Old Ben gets to his turn, AND him dying isn't necessary a bad thing as Anakin said!
  • Options
    I see Old Ben in my arena shard top 50 quite frequently, and I've considered him myself. It seems that if you don't have GK, he is the best tank for LS squads.
  • Options
    Old ben is hands down one of the best tanks in the game. I see people rank 1 payout without zetas on him. He's that good.

Stormtrooper Han, ehh, not so much.
    Hit the gym.
  • Options
    I run zzzCLS, zzR2, zSolo, Leia, OB, and I only continue gaining average daily rank as I gear OB more and more. There aren't enough zPalp out there yet to matter, and JTR isn't a problem.