Anyone else think Jedi need re-works?

Ct11
2 posts Member
edited March 2018
Love the fact we’re getting massive dark side installments, especially from the old republic. However, why are the Jedi becoming so pathetic? Our best Jedi characters are not actually Jedi yet at all..I.E. Rey and Commander Luke. The most powerful Jedi of his time and complex fighter who single handily defeated Palpatine in Mace Windu is essentially worthless in all phases of the game. GK is the best Jedi we have and we all know without the high ground he really wasn’t anything special at all. The ONLY thing I can think is if we’re being set up for a Light side/Dark side Revan. Actually, still doesn’t answer the question all the Jedi are becoming worthless toons.
Post edited by Ct11 on

Replies

• Options
    +1 this for sure!

Mace Windu DEFINETELY needs to be reworked. Also most other Jedi are not worth using... :(
  • Options
    No more light side love. The dark side must be restored.
  • cw8
    98 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi never had love if you exclude GK and Zarris. U had Sith reworks Nihilus and zMaul meta last year before R2. Jedi had none
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Yes agreed!

Ive been thinking about it. I think a simple fix would be If they changed all of their leadership abilities to be a passive unique that is shared with all other jedi in the squad, kinda like Phoenix. You may need yo tweak some of the abilities down or up. Call it One with the Force or something. I think it would make them more viable without being overpowered because most of their leadership abilities are pretty weak alone. 5 of them combined would make them good and give you lots and lots of combo options. Would kind of make them a "jack of all trades" faction.

Some of the combos would be powerful offensive or defensive or generalist, but because there are 15 plus Jedi you could really make a lot of combos that would require a lot of adaptation in arena. Make a high tenacity group with Fisto and Aayla or a nuking anakin and mace group, or high defense with Koth and Gun-Di, etc. Agains some of the abilities might need to be tweaked down (QGJ is already pretty good)

Just an idea.
  • Ct11
    2 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Yes agreed!

Ive been thinking about it. I think a simple fix would be If they changed all of their leadership abilities to be a passive unique that is shared with all other jedi in the squad, kinda like Phoenix. You may need yo tweak some of the abilities down or up.b Call it One with the Force or something. I think it would make them more viable without being overpowered because most of their leadership abilities are pretty weak alone. 5 of them combined would make them good and give you lots and lots of combo options. Would kind of make them a "jack of all trades" faction.

Some of the combos would be powerful offensive or defensive or generalist, but because there are 15 plus Jedi you could really make a lot of combos that would require a lot of adaptation in arena. Make a high tenacity group with Fisto and Aayla or a nuking anakin and mace group, or high defense with Koth and Gun-Di, etc. Agains sme of the abilities might need to be tweaked down (QGJ is already pretty good)

Just an idea.

I think that’s a fantastic idea. QGJ is good, for what we have in Jedi’s but he’s not a dynamic toon, and ya instead of re working them as lone toons a linked unique ability set with character specific qualities would be genius. But, Windu still needs a rework ;) QGJ isn’t that great to me yet because his simple kit. If we get a Meetra Surik from all this old republic timeframe, a Revan as well then maybe Jedi have a chance but again, how do they release Visas Marr and not put a Jedi tag on her??? Jedi get no love and now comes the OP Sith toons.
  • Presaria
    199 posts Member
    Options
    I think Jedi re-work will come after the Sith run the galaxy for a bit. CG has a established a certain cadence. They could also do something wacky like make droids, jawas, or such meta but those don't seem so epic.
  • Options
    Everyone knows the Jedi need a rework, even CG....but they can’t change everything at the same time and they have to plan around movie releases.

Patience, young Padawan. ;)
  • Options
    Yeah...Jedi were pretty far from meta before...but they'll be unplayable in arena when Traya hits the scene. She's going to deal damage to anyone that does anything out of turn...so GK is pretty much a no go...retribution means they'll hurt themselves when they counter and his mass attack means they hurt themselves when they assist. Same goes for Hermit Yoda...every time you use master's training you get to hurt your team mates. I really hope I'm just a **** and "out of turn" means not your turn, so assist attacks don't lead to mass suicide vs Traya, but I don't think that's the case. Poor Hermit Yoda...one of the worst farms in the game considering the opportunity cost of all the gear you have to pass up on to get him and he never even got to have any time in the meta. To top it off he's the only character in the game with a heal for a basic, healers get buffs in the new raid...and he's not even getting a healer flag? Its like he's getting kicked from the back of the bus to the open emergency door and rolling down the side of the highway at 65mph. How does that road rash feel...eh Yoda?

Aside from those two, who are probably the toughest two Jedi to farm, most the other decent Jedi are now rather worthless. QGJ, Ezra, and Aayla all get a significant portion of their awesomeness from calling other Jedi to assist...which means they suicide your team faster. Even QGJ that will heal 20% health on a hit still is going to take a net loss after Traya has her way. Kinda sad really when you stop in think Jedi aren't exactly the beefiest faction, nor the hardest hitting...its possible when one goes in for an assist attack they end up hurting themselves more than they hurt said opponent. I thought the CLS counter meta was bad...but this is going to be even worse.

To top it off unless you want to go the GK/zBarriss route with a Jedi squad...which quite honestly nobody is running GK/zBarris Jedi squads....its GK/zBarriss +3 non Jedi most the time, the only other Jedi lead that really amounts to anything is QGJ...but the main feature of his leadership is foresight, but the amount of "can't be evaded" stuff is ever increasing making his leadership more and more useless.

I was kinda hoping JKA would get an overhaul and some zetas when he appeared on that recent teaser with Vader prior to the Vader update...but what good is it going to do now? It would just be like trolling if they brought JKA up to par with the current state of the Jedi faction.

Jedi need a massive overhaul at this point. They're the flagship faction of Star Wars...and they're about to go from average to garbage in this game. I don't expect them to be like overlords of the game pwning everything, but right now they're an absolute trap faction that is pretty much a complete waste of resources.
    cw8 wrote: »
    Jedi never had love if you exclude GK and Zarris. U had Sith reworks Nihilus and zMaul meta last year before R2. Jedi had none

GK/Zarriss aren't even Jedi squads because the other 3 are never Jedi. Most the ones I've seen DN is almost always in there, plus 2 more that usually consist of toons like CLS, R2, Chaze, Thrawn...you know...things that aren't Jedi.
  • Ct11
    2 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah...Jedi were pretty far from meta before...but they'll be unplayable in arena when Traya hits the scene. She's going to deal damage to anyone that does anything out of turn...so GK is pretty much a no go...retribution means they'll hurt themselves when they counter and his mass attack means they hurt themselves when they assist. Same goes for Hermit Yoda...every time you use master's training you get to hurt your team mates. I really hope I'm just a **** and "out of turn" means not your turn, so assist attacks don't lead to mass suicide vs Traya, but I don't think that's the case. Poor Hermit Yoda...one of the worst farms in the game considering the opportunity cost of all the gear you have to pass up on to get him and he never even got to have any time in the meta. To top it off he's the only character in the game with a heal for a basic, healers get buffs in the new raid...and he's not even getting a healer flag? Its like he's getting kicked from the back of the bus to the open emergency door and rolling down the side of the highway at 65mph. How does that road rash feel...eh Yoda?

Aside from those two, who are probably the toughest two Jedi to farm, most the other decent Jedi are now rather worthless. QGJ, Ezra, and Aayla all get a significant portion of their awesomeness from calling other Jedi to assist...which means they suicide your team faster. Even QGJ that will heal 20% health on a hit still is going to take a net loss after Traya has her way. Kinda sad really when you stop in think Jedi aren't exactly the beefiest faction, nor the hardest hitting...its possible when one goes in for an assist attack they end up hurting themselves more than they hurt said opponent. I thought the CLS counter meta was bad...but this is going to be even worse.

To top it off unless you want to go the GK/zBarriss route with a Jedi squad...which quite honestly nobody is running GK/zBarris Jedi squads....its GK/zBarriss +3 non Jedi most the time, the only other Jedi lead that really amounts to anything is QGJ...but the main feature of his leadership is foresight, but the amount of "can't be evaded" stuff is ever increasing making his leadership more and more useless.

I was kinda hoping JKA would get an overhaul and some zetas when he appeared on that recent teaser with Vader prior to the Vader update...but what good is it going to do now? It would just be like trolling if they brought JKA up to par with the current state of the Jedi faction.

Jedi need a massive overhaul at this point. They're the flagship faction of Star Wars...and they're about to go from average to garbage in this game. I don't expect them to be like overlords of the game pwning everything, but right now they're an absolute trap faction that is pretty much a complete waste of resources.

GK/Zarriss aren't even Jedi squads because the other 3 are never Jedi. Most the ones I've seen DN is almost always in there, plus 2 more that usually consist of toons like CLS, R2, Chaze, Thrawn...you know...things that aren't Jedi.

All I can hope for is this old republic age to produce a Meetra Surik and eventually.. well.. Grandmaster Luke to bring the Jedi out of the depths of Sith hell.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    Options
    Ct11 wrote: »

All I can hope for is this old republic age to produce a Meetra Surik and eventually.. well.. Grandmaster Luke to bring the Jedi out of the depths of Sith hell.

Hopefully the next Old Republic era toons drop Jedi related stuff instead... Bastile Shan, Satele Shan, Meetra Surik, Jolee Bindo, All of the force sensitives in KOTOR 2 (Visas Marrs included, she didn't betray Nihilus to be treated like this ****)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    moved to correct sub forum.