Sith Trooper better than Shoretrooper on EP teams now?

Ikky2win
870 posts Member
edited March 2018
I’m in a newer shard and the top ep teams are usually ep, Vader, shoretrooper , thrawn, and Tarkin. Most are using shoretrooper mainly for his turn one taunt. Seems like sith trooper is a better choice now, yes?
Post edited by Ikky2win on

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Shoretrooper and Stormtrooper both taunt for longer than one turn.

Palp is an the squishy side so usually people do want to protect him with a tank or two, and Tarkin kinda fills that role
  • Options
    Shore is best. I can easily take number 1. EP (L)zeta Thrawn, Vader,Shore,and Grand Moff is the best team but some opponents you need 2 tanks that's when i put in my maxed out zeta StormTrooper.
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Not running a tank is never a good idea. It might work out on offense, but on defense it makes you an easy target, since your opponent is free to pick your team apart in whatever order they want. With a Palpatine team, that guarantees Palpatine doesn't last long, because he's very squishy and very dangerous if left alone.

Honestly, the main question for Palpatine teams right now is whether to run one tank or two.
  • gmeista
    11 posts Member
    Options
    How about Ep (L), Vader, thrawn, tarkin and sion.

Does sion work in this at all? Or is shore always better.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    From what I’ve seen Sion is not very good for arena because his pain mechanic just takes too long. Maybe he’ll be good when paired with Visas, but currently I don’t think he’s good for arena. The purpose of the tank in zEP teams is to take damage away from ep and Tarkin. That’s why I’m asking if people think Sith trooper is better now than shoretrooper because sith trooper now taunts for two turns at start of battle compared to shoretrooper only taunting for one.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    Also I fixed my op and title lol. For some reason I was mixing up death trooper and sith trooper. Probably why people were confused lol.
  • Perfxion
    169 posts Member
    Options
    Sion works as the second tank. He himself won't work too well unless pain is flowing like hate. Sith trooper works will in a full sith squad. Shore works well in an Empire squad. If you plan on running Thrawn and Tarkin, use Shore. If you are running EP, Vader(Darth T when you unlock her), Sion, DN, use Sith Trooper.
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    From what I’ve seen Sion is not very good for arena because his pain mechanic just takes too long.

Good point well made.

• Options
    I haven't had to see Sion yet, but a shardmate has been messing with SiT has a single tank and in tandem with GK. Either permutation is much easier to beat than the standard EzPz squad for JTR
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Ep (l) , Vader, thrawn, shore, sion.
    Sion triples as a tank, debuffer and aoe dispeler. The revive is the cherry on top.
  • Options
    Before Sion came out I was running EP, DV, DN, SiT, KRU. All G12 and zeta'd. I could reach #1 on a March 16 shard, but it was a bit of a struggle, fell usually to the mid 20s overnight. I switched out KRU for Sion and it was like a free pass to #1. Mine's still 4* g10, getting a zeta today, and made that much of a difference. The "nightmare squad" with Sith Trooper that the gamechangers came up with seems to be the way to go. (Side note, dispelling every buff from illuminated destiny the turn after it goes off is the most satisfying thing since the first time I annihilated somebody).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I fought that same team earlier today. 4* g10 Sion. It was painfull.