Mace?

I have been noticing that Mace is really used much in the Arena, and as of now he's one of my best characters. Should I consider replacing him rather than upgrading him for Arena purposes?
Just In Case, This is my roster
https://swgoh.gg/u/ronitk/collection/
"Who deserves what, is irrelevant. What matters is... who has power."
- Grand Admiral Thrawn

Replies

• Options
    By all accounts Mace is completely useless other than as a fleet commander. So gear him for that if you want, but you should really just let him go.
  • Options
    Mace is awful work towards removing him from arena ASAP
  • Options
    Wish he was reworked properly (he did get a rework a long time ago)
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    He actually has some use in the new raid on a jedi team because of his expose. Otherwise hes pretty terrible and its a **** shame. All CW jedi need reworks.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Even Ezra and Old Ben? I know neither are top dog, but they're far from bad

but definitely don't use Mace. If you wanna level him and hope for a rework feel free, but you'll get little out of him immediately
  • Jorus
    14 posts Member
    Options
    If you use the Endurance, you need to level Mace, I have hope the Dev's will get him fixed, they know he is bad! I watched a video (One of the Gamechangers), they had a DEV on and he spoke about Mace and how he was lacking, did not say if a re-work is on they way but the admission that Mace is not at the level intended should speak to mindset. The Dev also pointed out that Ventress is one of the Dev's favorites, so watch for her to get an eventual bump!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Qui Gon and Kanan are alright, as well.

Anyways, Mace doesn't function very well. He's not tough enough to be a tank despite being tagged as one, and has no taunt. He doesn't hit hard enough to be an offensive character. He doesn't buff or debuff or in any way set up other characters. His main gimmick, Shatterpoint, doesn't trigger often enough, and he doesn't benefit from it enough when it does. And if there is an enemy taunting, then on top of the mediocre chance of Shatterpoint triggering, it'll probably be on someone other than the tank, and since Mace has no AoE, he can't even benefit from his own gimmick.

Not good even when he is working at full, and too easily tripped up.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    All Jedi outside of Barris and GK need a rework, imo.

Hermit Yoda is a solid Jedi.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Anyways, Mace doesn't function very well. He's not tough enough to be a tank despite being tagged as one, and has no taunt. He doesn't hit hard enough to be an offensive character. He doesn't buff or debuff or in any way set up other characters. His main gimmick, Shatterpoint, doesn't trigger often enough, and he doesn't benefit from it enough when it does. And if there is an enemy taunting, then on top of the mediocre chance of Shatterpoint triggering, it'll probably be on someone other than the tank, and since Mace has no AoE, he can't even benefit from his own gimmick.

Exactly!
    I wonder if Samuel L Jackson knows his character is a b**ch.
    It's sad, the way Jedi are treated in-game. I understand game balance, but Jedi should have as many advantages as Rebels.
  • Options
    Moogaroosh wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Exactly!
    I wonder if Samuel L Jackson knows his character is a b**ch.
    It's sad, the way Jedi are treated in-game. I understand game balance, but Jedi should have as many advantages as Rebels.

And lets not talk about Grand Master Yoda, what a huge disappointment.
  • Minetaridge
    221 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Waiting for that epic Jedi rework. Make the sith raid seem like a joke. Right?

Oh, yeah.
    Hit the gym.
  • Options
    General tips:

- If you're looking to progress and compete, don't farm based on who you like, per se, as they might not be good toons (e.g. unless you really like Grievous, don't waste any more time or resources farming him now as he has limited synergy at the moment and is terrible overall).

- It looks like you're really early in the game. Look up some of the Gamechangers' farming guides. They break it down nicely on where to focus to progress the most quickly. Farm Phoenix (for Thrawn & rebel events), toons in Ep IV and the Empire faction for CLS and R2D2, respectively, and a scoundrel team for credit heists. That will take you a while, but as these teams approach competitive viability (i.e. G10+) shift to FO/Resistance for BB8/JTR. There are good Jedi, read below... but Grand Master Yoda is by no means required for long-term success in the game, so don't stress on unlocking him.

- Long-Term Farmworthy Jedi include: QGJ, Barriss, Ezra (triple tag with Rebel and Phoenix!), JKA, Aayla, Old Ben

- The toons in your top few rows with most long-term viability and utility are: Biggs, Wedge, Kylo, KRU, Vader, Tarkin and honorable mention of Princess Leia

TL;DR - Some early game toons drop off significantly in utility quickly when you hit mid/late game, so don't over-invest, I learned the hard way.
  • Options
    If you're looking to progress and compete, don't farm based on who you like, per se...

Alternatively, if you're looking to have fun and play with your favourite characters then go ahead and do just that!

Meta-chasing, particularly if you're f2p, can be a really demoralising and unfulfilling experience.