Which is more viable in Arena?

CEG9876
355 posts Member
Which one is more Arena viable in a (Z)Emperor Palpatine lead: 3* Darth Sion or 5* General Kenobi?
Gear Levels would be the same

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to strategy section.

Sion probably can't take the damage at 3* needed to get him to his special.

Kenobi will speed up opponent and "slow you down".

I would probably still go Kenobi, but gear sion and try him out as he gets higher in gear.
  • Options
    I prefer sion, but with condition: must have nihilus on the team. They are the most annoying duo (for now)
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    Options
    It depends on who youre facing, and whether its offense or defense.

I have faced many combinations of palp teams using various tanks. I faced them with both my titans team and my palp team.

The hardest teams to beat are the ones with 2 tanks.
    It is very easy for any team on offense to fracture your 1 tank and then kill palp quickly.

The result from my experience is that GK is still a better tank because he gives crit immunity to allies even when he is fractured. It takes longer for palp to die, and gives him a chance to take another couple of moves.

What about gk cleansing and giving your opponent turn meter? As i said , he is usually fractured and palp is being targeted. Hence the recommendation of 2 tanks.

Titans can still very easily stun vader, buff immunity 1 tank and fracture the other before killing ep. The question is do you want palp to have crit immunity at this point or not. I really like gk and shoretrooper for this reason.

• Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    Options
    Against other palp leads, sion and deathtrooper with dn palp and vader is pretty tough
  • Options
    Sion performs well at 3*. As does Kenobi at 5*. Both need to be g11. Sion is very tough especially if they are debuffed with Pain. And he can make it to his special just fine. Even at 3*. Again he has to be g11, and have good mods, but that should be standard. Gear him... He's worth it.

And I have used both and used gk at 5*-7*. You won't go wrong with either. However I prefer Sion. You could also run both but if only picking one I would choose Sion. Easy choice for me. I prefer dark side over the Light Side Privilege.

Not saying Sion is better. He's not. But in a empire/sith squad he is better in that situation.
  • Options
    It close right now, if they fix Sion's zeta I think it will be Sion by quite a bit.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't use Sion without his zeta. Putting it on was a vast improvement for him. (which needs to be fixed but I got faith that it'll be done soon)

Now if you aren't putting a zeta in your tank, or are facing team CLS lead teams, I'd go GK. Sion doesn't absorb counters and R2 cleanses pain when the others counter. Outside of CLS lead and maybe a couple other scenarios, I'd go Sion. (EP teams with Sion beat CLS anyways, but it'd probably go smoother with GK)