Gear Exchange Shop

Do you think it is possible to do a gear shop where we can get rid of the gear we have in the thousands for more useable gear? Thank you for your time.

Replies

• Options
    Yes it's possible. No, it's not probable.
  • Options
    That's too bad to hear. Most players have gear in the thousands that they can do nothing with.
  • Options
    I think they can't as long as guild exchange exists.
  • Options
    I am also hoping dearly this can become a thing...

How about upcycling by converting excess challenge gear to Guild Event Currency?
    1:1 ratio, so even at 2,000 trade in, maybe 10-12 pieces of high end salvage in that store.
    Thoughts?
  • Peri
    6 posts Member
    Options
    There are a lot of issues with this potential change. This would effectively enable account to account transfer of guild event currency because of guild exchange. If a guild member requests a gear, how do you know if he needs the gear, or just sells it for guild currency? Basically you're gonna be wasting time if you aren't requesting a gear, so you'll have 50 requests every 24 hours, camouflaging any genuine need for gear. People are going to be selling off their gear instead of giving it to their guild. It will be a disincentive for guild exchange, since you will only want to take, and never give.

Basically: People will request more gear from guild exchange, and not give, because giving is disincentivized and also because they will not have any gear to give, having already sold it off for guild event currency. Creating high demand, and no supply.
  • Options
    Vectorman wrote: »
    1:1 ratio

I think they will never do that :) Even if they ever implement such shop, it will be 10:1, maybe 5:1, but definitely not 1:1.
    The balance? Never heard of that.
  • Options
    They had it at the beginning, when the game first came out. It was glorious! We could exchange the rarely used gear like mk4 carbantis for 15:1 ratio of old salvage:new salvage, and the good stuff was like 5:1 or something. There weren’t enough players on the forums to make a fuss to get it back. Someday I hope they will add the gear exchange back! @CG_Kozispoon @CG_Carrie @CG_CapGaSP