Bounty Hunter Rework no deathmark?

I'm loving this rework so far, but it seems like it's missing one thing to be truly perfect: deathmark. Specifically, Boba Fett's execute now applies healing immunity if the target doesn't die. That's cool, but how much cooler would deathmark be? So if his execute doesn't kill the enemy, he applies deathmark (possibly one that can't be resisted)? It seems if there was ever a character who should be able to apply deathmark, it would be Boba Fett.

Replies

• Options
    I got to agree with you here, honestly. Missed opportunity.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Not bad but overall I think this is all solid work.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    They also missed out on...reworking Cad Bane?

Kyno, are you going to create a Megathread to discuss the BH Rework? Are we just going to start 50 new threads to discuss things?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Not bad but overall I think this is all solid work.

I definitely agree that it's solid, I just feel like it's missing that one thing (deathmark) to make it truly perfect. Like cooking a great steak but not adding quite enough seasoning to make it out of this world
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly agreed, was really hoping one of them would be able to apply deathmark, even if it were after a contract were completed and then they used the special or something, but another deathmark in game would be huge and wouldn't fit any faction better.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Honestly agreed, was really hoping one of them would be able to apply deathmark, even if it were after a contract were completed and then they used the special or something, but another deathmark in game would be huge and wouldn't fit any faction better.

Definitely agree. In Episode V: Empire Strikes Back when Han Solo tells General Reiken that if he doesn't pay off Jabba the Hutt then he's a dead man, Reiken specifically says "a Deathmark's not an easy thing to live with."

Meaning it seems that deathmark is directly related to bounty hunters. One of them definitely needs it, and it would make the most sense with Boba, imo.
  • rymas1
    35 posts Member
    Options
    I'm loving this rework so far, but it seems like it's missing one thing to be truly perfect: deathmark. Specifically, Boba Fett's execute now applies healing immunity if the target doesn't die. That's cool, but how much cooler would deathmark be? So if his execute doesn't kill the enemy, he applies deathmark (possibly one that can't be resisted)? It seems if there was ever a character who should be able to apply deathmark, it would be Boba Fett.

I posted a similar thought in one of our channels. It would be awesome to see deathmark apply to any massive damage/annihilate like abilities (Death Trooper, Boba, Darth Nihilus, Fulcrum if a certain number of attacks hit, etc.). Great thought. seems like a missed opportunity to add one of the best new abilities in the game to more teams.