Generally frustrated

Been playing for a long time, but I can’t seem to progress anymore. I beat GW about once a month; at this rate, it will be years until I can sim. I’m running into low-level synergy teams that are eating my lunch, even with 7*, level 85, modded, gear 8-9 chars. Cant seem to get anywhere with the level 8 cantina battles and hard LS/DS battles or 6* Home One battle, either.

My swgoh.gg name is also SaltShaker97. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated (with the exception of shelling out $$$).

Replies

• Options
    Get phoenix or resistance or empire teams. They will get you througj gw and cantina easily.
    Home1 6* is a completely different thing, its an end game content which you probably wont be able to do for a few more months, so just pick a better goal.
  • Options
    Honestly, you’re not far off some good teams. You have potential for good Empire and Rebel teams now, you have some legendary characters, and it looks like you’ll get Commander Luke Skywalker next time his event comes around.

The biggest issue I see is which characters you’ve chosen to gear up and make your strongest. You don’t need Clone Wars Chewbacca, Geonosian Soldier, Luminara, or Dathcha at gear 10-11 for anything in the game. None of them are great characters, and they have no synergy. The most likely reason you struggle completing Galactic Wars is the game scales difficulty to your 5 most powerful characters and yours can’t fight together.

You noticed that the teams beating you are ones with synergy, so the solution is to choose a faction and build up your own team with good syngergy. If you gear up Thrawn, you can have a pretty good Empire squad, or while you’re waiting for CLS, you could use Wedge, Biggs, R2, Leia, Stormtrooper Han as a rebel squad. Or use a First Order squad if you want. But read the leadership abilities and choose a team that works best with your chosen leader.

For the highest-level cantina and hard mode battles, you need both synergy and powerful allies. Make sure your highest-level guildmates are in your ally list, and use their characters to help. Or choose from one of the borrow a hero lists in the forum to use a powerful ally.
  • Options
    Looks like I need to grind and start leveling up some of the characters I’ve been neglecting.
  • Options
    The most important thing you need to do well in this game is focus. If you choose one or two teams with synergy and really focus on improving those teams, then you’ll be able to progress a lot faster and easier.

Once you figure out on which team(s) you want to focus, I’d also suggest moving your best mods onto that team to make them better. Fast bad characters are still bad characters, but making a good team fast will improve it considerably.
  • Options
    Any suggestions on best mods? For example, most of the chars on my Clone team were light on Health and Protection, so I gave almost all of them high Health mods. A decent team, I can *usually* ride them halfway or more through GW, unless I hit something like today, where a relatively weak NS team with Daka, Talzin, and a Zombie were a buzzsaw that trashed everything I tried to throw at them.

Trying the suggested Empire squad at least got me 3* on cantina 8A and DS 9A, which is an improvement.
  • Options
    Any suggestions on best mods? For example, most of the chars on my Clone team were light on Health and Protection, so I gave almost all of them high Health mods. A decent team, I can *usually* ride them halfway or more through GW, unless I hit something like today, where a relatively weak NS team with Daka, Talzin, and a Zombie were a buzzsaw that trashed everything I tried to throw at them.

Trying the suggested Empire squad at least got me 3* on cantina 8A and DS 9A, which is an improvement.

health mods are good until you get later on in the game when your roster has started to fill up a bit

the most important things about mods is SPEED secondaries and a SPEED primary arrow mod (top right corner of the mod screen) try to max that and worry about other stats later
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Yes, like kindlekm said, speed is the single most important aspect of a mod. The mod set (like “health mods” or whatever picture is on the mod) DOESN’T MATTER until you have so many good mods with speed that you can specialize. What does matter is the amount of speed given on each mod. Generally speaking, if a mod does not have speed on it when you first get it, it can be sold.

If you want to be competitive in arena, you need mods that match the speed of what others are using on your shard. The older the arena shard, the more speed your mods need to have to keep up.
  • Options
    Looks like I need to grind and start leveling up some of the characters I’ve been neglecting.

This game gets you frustrated sometimes. Keep on working and you'll get through it.
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    The most important thing you need to do well in this game is focus. If you choose one or two teams with synergy and really focus on improving those teams, then you’ll be able to progress a lot faster and easier.

This is the best advice anyone can give.

Focus and graft. That will get you where you want to be.

• Options
    Yeah, this game has changed a LOT since I first started. Used to be you could cruise pretty well with a
    Squad of just 5 maxed out chars (hence the top end of my collection). That was back before max level was 85...