LF advice for guild management and inactive players

Calair
18 posts Member
I am looking for advice on how to weed out players from my guild that do not participate in guild events or raids.

We are a full guild and have 50M+ GP, but we struggle at events that require full participation like T War and HAAT.

I would like to keep it casual and not require the use of 3rd party communication apps.

Aside from writing down everyone's name after an event is over I am at a loss as to how to weed out the players that are not participating

Any advice is welcom

Replies

• Jooms
    74 posts Member
    Options
    We're a pretty casual group too and we had the same problem. Eventually myself and the leaders came to the conclusion that TW would become mandatory. So I started making a list of members who joined and if they missed two in a row, they were booted. They were warned beforehand it would happen. Eventually weeded out the slackers. New members that join the guild are given the same warning

I know you said you want to keep it casual but you're never gonna advance as a guild if it's filled with freeloaders and non participants. Make participation a mandatory guild rule and be strict until they get the point
  • Jooms
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Also regarding Haat. Last December we tried it (again) and got stuck on phase 3. Then we made a guild goal/rule for people to work on haat specific teams and try again in February (p1 zylo and cls, p2 zfinn resistance, p3 chirpatine, p4 clones and rebels was the general guideline we used). So after weeding out the slackers, we made haat a top priority and people were more than willing to work on specific teams. We were able to destroy it on February and now finish it on about an hour.

Set rules and goals and stick to them, you'll get there
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    3 strikes they are out, you find new members and you move on. If you don't want to kick people then ban them from joining rancor and Haat which most people value due to gear and guild tokens.

If I'm going to be honest with you, finding motivated individuals who want to participate in every mode isn't too difficult in this game, if people have an attitude of not participating they most likely won't be worth having along in the long run, especially when sith raid comes around for you.

I've missed only one war so far, my guild broke down due to a failed merger and many left the morning of TW, I wanted to stay and try to keep things together but after too many dropped I dropped and tried finding a guild. I found one but I failed to join in time for the war, I LITERALLY missed TW for less than 2 minutes! I felt so horrible for missing those rewards! It bothered me for days, this makes me think how the heck do people lose TW on consistent basis on their own. It's mind boggling
  • Calair
    18 posts Member
    Options
    TY jooms, I was thinking of trying the same tactic
  • Options
    There are 3 types of guilds really: Casual, Active and Elite. If you want to stay casual, you'll reap casual efforts by your guild. Elite guilds are hardcore, Casual are laidback as can be.....while Active are a blend of the two. By the sounds of your post you are looking for Active results but asking Casual activity.
    First thing I'd suggest is be sure what you want to get as a result, tailor your rules(or lack of them) to that end, then stick to it.
  • Stenax
    19 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. If casual - accept it, if active then give a chance or two then boot, hardcore = no exceptions boot and recruit
  • Options
    I'm a guild leader for one guild in an alliance and officer of my main account guild. In our main the officers keep excel documents and charts of damage, tickets, how many squads are placed in TW. Everything. Members that dont participate and dont tell an officer they are going to be busy before hand get kicked. Our main guild has lost only 4 TW battles out of the last 16 ish and we have been the lower GP every single one. This is a bit strict for most guilds. Below is the more casual but active approach.

My alt guild that I lead, I just screen shot who doesnt join. If they miss 3 guild activities in the month they get kicked. If they are idle for 5 days they get kicked. Also I know you mentioned not doing it, but the ONLY way to get your guild on the same page is to communicate. Line or discord is a must if you want max participation. In game chat is awful. I suggest getting line or discord and spamming to join. Then make a deadline for it to be mandatory. Then after that deadline kick 1 or 2 members that doesn't have it, recruit another, then repeat until everyone is communicating and active. Dont kick everyone at once just 1 or 2 a time, recruit and repeat. That is how you get a fully active guild and keep it up.
  • DeeOhGee
    118 posts Member
    Options
    When we started out guild we wanted to keep things as casual as possible. I did not want boot people for missing events and for not meeting some daily ticket number. I also did not want to keep spread sheets of activity logs. I have learned a few things. The way we do things is we usually focus on 2-3 members that we see as slackers and watch their activity for like a week or so... If they are not active too your liking boot them 1-2 at a time and replace them before you boot the next group. We do use a 3rd party chat but it is not required. we have a few members who need to be reminded to join events because they are with busy with RL or just not paying attention. I don't know if you will need a 3rd party chat with the new chat updates coming out next week, but I am not sure how it will affect accounts with the child lock on...these accounts cannot even see the guild banner.
    All in all its working really well. or as well as I can expect into with me putting in as little effort as possible. Running a guild is a lot more effort than I thought it would be. Its a lot like being a Manager, you have to hire people, motivate them, and then fire and replace them when they do not work out.

Good luck to you
  • Calair
    18 posts Member
    Options
    I aggre with post that I am pushing my guild from casual to active.

It's too bad they don't have a way of pulling event data out of the game like they do character data.