Play on Different tablet

Seilore
105 posts Member
Help, my daughter damaged her tablet, normally on my game I can save my game on my faceboo/google play account, on her game, same version it does not give her that option to either connect via facebook or google play. Suggestions

Replies

• Options
    It’s one swgoh account per google play or Apple ID , if that helps at all.
  • Options
    Happened to my son. He had a ton of 7* characters and more. Contacted EA. They said there is nothing that can be done.

Lost his whole account when his tablet broke.
  • Seilore
    105 posts Member
    Options
    @GhostTruckin I understand that she has a goggle play account but, doesn't show it linked to it on the game and doesn't give an option.

@Killbot5000 I have her player ID so I think it can be linked I just don't know how.
  • Options
    Is her damaged tablet still usable, or is it totally dead? Two different stories, depending on the answer.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Seilore
    105 posts Member
    Options
    Still usable
  • Options
    Even with my son's game Id and his Google account we lost his account. Had 3 or 4 back and forth chats with ea.... basically nothing saved to the cloud and could not restore his data. He got his account back, at level 1, nothing saved.
  • Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    My current account ONLY works on current phone, even with my game ID, and Google account. I cannot log in on any other device, other than mine, even when I log out.

My son's was the same, his device broke,and so went almost 2 years of playing the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Killbot5000 have you tried creating a new email and using the new "link an account" this may allow you to get the account on other devices. Not sure if this option is available on minor accounts.
  • Yerff_Caasi
    736 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @Seilore, If it's still useable, then as Kyno said, you should be able to use the "Link an Account" feature to copy the user from the old device to the new one.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    That avenue was tried too, along with 20 bazillion other things that tech support walked us through... It has been months and we are past it, lol. He is back at level 75 or 80 and rebuilding.
  • Seilore
    105 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno and Yerff_Caasi I will try that tomorrow unable to at the moment, well post here what I find out. Good luck @Killbot5000
  • Seilore
    105 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno My daughters settings screen does not have an option to link device. I have her player ID so I should be able to link that way, any other suggestions?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Seilore wrote: »
    Kyno My daughters settings screen does not have an option to link device. I have her player ID so I should be able to link that way, any other suggestions?

not really, anything you do may be seen as trying to work around a "minor account" but you could go through EA Help and see what they say.
  • Seilore
    105 posts Member
    Options
    I just don't see why a minor account wouldn't be able to be played on different devices, (especially being that minor's in general seem to break their devices more easily).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Seilore wrote: »
    I just don't see why a minor account wouldn't be able to be played on different devices, (especially being that minor's in general seem to break their devices more easily).

if the account is linked to an email, through game center or google play account then you should be able to log in any device and log in that way.

I'm just not sure what the details are for what a minor account can and can't do, besides chat.
  • Seilore
    105 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno @Killbot5000 EA support was able to help me out and link it with my daughters new tablet, thank you very much for that suggestion.