Censored Words in Chat

Hello! I am blessed to be in a Christian guild on the game and when we go to talk about Jesus, His Name gets censored. I was just wondering why that is, especially since we are most certainly only using His Name respectfully. Thank You so much for all of your hard work and assistance! God bless

Replies

• Options
    I would think its because you dont want people promoting their religion in the chat. It does happen in other games.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    How do you think I feel I can't use MY own name in chat.
  • Options
    Replace Jesus’ name with Brian. Then when you refer to Brian everyone will know you mean Jesus. Then you all can continue to discuss the Life of Brian.
  • Options
    I just don’t feel it’s appropriate how people can say other things that are actually really offensive and yet not The Name of Jesus. People can say God, but I think it’s because people sadly take His Name in vain.

Darth, I’m so very sorry u can’t use ur own name.

God bless
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    **** isn't censored, either, so specifically censoring "Jesus" is pretty confusing.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Yeah, it is a pain what I am trying to say a character's NAME and it gets censored
  • Options
    A foreign keyboard is your friend.
    And so is Jėsus.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Religion is a pretty sensitive topic.
    I'm more amused by how crude it is to keep "Cuc umbers" in your "Base ment".
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The topic of religion is a sensetive subject and is prohibited by the Forum Guidelines. I am going to close this, as I dont want it to go down a bad path.

Unfortunately the filter is what it is, you can send a direct message to CG_SBCrumb or CG_Carrie to see if they can direct you down the correct path to have this addressed (if it can be).
This discussion has been closed.