Sion and Nihilus...

This is my current Team:
http://swgoh.gg/u/grondak/squads/93981/

I’m currently farming last 20 Sabine Shards, Rey and Resistance Trooper with Energy..
I’m currently farming last 80 Kylos shards with cantina energy. Plus I need to farm Finn...

My plan was to finish Sabine and Kylo then start the Sion & Nihilus farms...

Would Sion by himself be an upgrade? Or do you really need both to make it worth while?
And if I got Sion first who gets the boot out of Tarkin and TFP?

Thanks!

Replies

• crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    The standard "Nightmare" team is Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Sion, Nihilus. I've seen other variants with Tarkin in over TFP. Usually I've seen at least one tank though, be it Sion, GK, or Sith Trooper.

The good news is you can now farm Sion from ship nodes. I know your fleet isn't too strong yet, but it was on stage 3, I believe, so shouldn't be that hard to get to.
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    The standard "Nightmare" team is Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Sion, Nihilus. I've seen other variants with Tarkin in over TFP. Usually I've seen at least one tank though, be it Sion, GK, or Sith Trooper.

The good news is you can now farm Sion from ship nodes. I know your fleet isn't too strong yet, but it was on stage 3, I believe, so shouldn't be that hard to get to.

Sion is on hard battle 4D in ships
  • Options
    I would farm both to be honest. You get about 420 energy a day free. With Sabine and resistance trooper only costing 12 each node thats only 180 for sabine and both resistance trooper nodes. Rey you can farm off the 16 energy node with the falcon, may take a bit longer than two nodes but you can supplement from guild store too. Finn you can also pick a hard node and farm from one node. I believe he's only on a 20 energy so that's another 100. He can also be supplemented from guild store. That is 360 of the 420ish energy you get a day. With a refresh or two you can add 240 to that which is enough to do both sion and nihlas. 100 crystals a day is easily obtainable through dailies and such and if you are decently high in arena even more than that. Gearing and staring nihlas and sion will pay dividends in arena and earn more crystals in the long run making more refreshes possible for other characters in the future. Also no hurry on resistance trooper. Most of the squads he is needed for require jtr so you can always farm him after that if you are short crystals for a refresh or want to farm rey or finn faster. But being as you don't have either vet, you'll have time to farm them off a single node in the time it takes to farm vets. So with that I would use the first 200 energy on sion and nihlas each day and focus gear on them. Then when your arena rank ries you'll have the crystals to do 3 refreshes a day in cantina reducing the time it takes to farm the vets for jtr.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    First, you can use Sion at 3*. He works fine without Nihilus. Test him over TFP for a little while. If you go up leave him in, if you fall take him out until he is farmed. Sion does need his zeta though.

My my rank 60 Nightmare team got torched by your exact team today though, so it isnt bad. Get your Vaders speed up. Use the mod sort tool on .gg and put your fastest mods on Vader. I see +14 Speeds on Farmboy, Clone Chewie and Wedge. Steal those. R2s +16 also if you are not using him in Arena. Get Vader up to 220+ speed and you should rise even with your current team.

I know its kind of a chore, but before every TW cycle I go through my mods and move them around. Your teams and your guild will thank you for it. We had a guy running a 100k Nightmare team that lost first time every TW. He had wretched mods. They matter. A lot.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    First, you can use Sion at 3*. He works fine without Nihilus. Test him over TFP for a little while. If you go up leave him in, if you fall take him out until he is farmed. Sion does need his zeta though.

My my rank 60 Nightmare team got torched by your exact team today though, so it isnt bad. Get your Vaders speed up. Use the mod sort tool on .gg and put your fastest mods on Vader. I see +14 Speeds on Farmboy, Clone Chewie and Wedge. Steal those. R2s +16 also if you are not using him in Arena. Get Vader up to 220+ speed and you should rise even with your current team.

I know its kind of a chore, but before every TW cycle I go through my mods and move them around. Your teams and your guild will thank you for it. We had a guy running a 100k Nightmare team that lost first time every TW. He had wretched mods. They matter. A lot.

Explain why you would alter mods for TW and change again for arena?? Please look aty roster below and give feedback too

https://swgoh.gg/u/beast1985
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

Explain why you would alter mods for TW and change again for arena?? Please look aty roster below and give feedback too

Sorry I wasnt clear. I didnt mean move mods off your arena team for TW. I just meant assign unassiged ones and move them around between toons. I found a +30 speed mod on my 5* jawa engineer that I had moved for some event and forgotten about. Its amazing what you can find using that mod tool.
  • Options

Sorry I wasnt clear. I didnt mean move mods off your arena team for TW. I just meant assign unassiged ones and move them around between toons. I found a +30 speed mod on my 5* jawa engineer that I had moved for some event and forgotten about. Its amazing what you can find using that mod tool.

Your good man thanks for quick reply.

Look at my roster and let me know what ya think
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Dont have time just now! Have to pretend Im paying attention in this meeting.
  • Options

You have a good roster but your mods could use some work. I'm guessing your running ep lead in arena. If not you should be since you have them really well developed. If you moved mods around to have the fastest ones on them in arena, you could easily be in the top 100. I run that team, though a bit more developed and get top 5 most days
  • Options
    TFP should be booted first
  • Options

You have a good roster but your mods could use some work. I'm guessing your running ep lead in arena. If not you should be since you have them really well developed. If you moved mods around to have the fastest ones on them in arena, you could easily be in the top 100. I run that team, though a bit more developed and get top 5 most days

Hey man I run top 18-22 in squad arena no problem. I run emp,Vader,Sion,dn,and maul team. Vader has 219 speed Sion, emp, and dn all 187-197 speed range and maul is slow at 158 speed

I only been playing since mid January or early February so I been top 50 for a long timd
  • Options

Hey man I run top 18-22 in squad arena no problem. I run emp,Vader,Sion,dn,and maul team. Vader has 219 speed Sion, emp, and dn all 187-197 speed range and maul is slow at 158 speed

I only been playing since mid January or early February so I been top 50 for a long timd

Ok then if you move some mods around you could probably be in the top ten for a long time. In that young of a shard you won't see traya for a long while. And I finish in the top 5 on most days. It pays to have the best mods on your arena team