Darth Maul (And his other chromium pals)

MLGebra
343 posts Member
edited January 2016
I was just wondering exactly how long can a 4* Darth Maul stay viable while his farmable peers surpass him. I love Darth Maul but since I won't be getting him above 4*... Is he strong enough to compete against higher leveled characters or am I going to forced to bench the poor guy? :(

Question for the devs, will premium only characters like Maul and Old Ben ever find their way into rotation either via squad cantina battles, GW shipments, etc, or will they stay chromium-only and inevitably get tossed aside for people we can realistically get to 6* or 7*?

Replies

• Options
    I just got 4* Darth Maul (didn't expect that) I was wondering in terms of PVP who he works best with or if he is worth using? My current lineup is sidious, lumin 5*, &, chewy, fives, talia 4*.
  • Options
    He is still viable, squishy but viable. I am using him and he has been doing good job to me so far. I run Sid as leader , Lumi , DM , Ima Gun-Di, Chewy/Talia/JC . I am currently rank 39 ,yesterday i hit 26. If I were you i would use Sid leader, DM , Lumi , Fives and Chewy. Should be between 30-50 rank without any problems.
  • Options
    Thank you I will try it out :)
  • Options
    I'm currently lvl 58 and my maul is 4* gear 7 and he still can slam down Jedi teams. I personally like him alot with phasma as leader in GW
  • Options
    DM does okay behind a tank like Poe for protection. When not fighting Jedi though he is sub par, especially when considering him against other heroes with a higher star rating. He helps a lot in GW when you hit Jedi teams, but in arena he'd only be helpful for killing Luminara and then he'd die without protection.

I'd keep him for GW and focus your effort in more farmable heroes.
  • Options
    I use Darth Maul and he is my favorite. He destroys Sideous, Dooku, Kylo, and the rest. I do not use any tanks. I have Ventress as leader for speed, JC, Luminara, Barris, and Maul and this team rocks. Ventress and Maul are heavy hitters and I enjoy watching them. Darth Maul hits hard and bonuses up each time an enemy dies ( power of hatred ) and his turns meter refills 100% each time he kills someone. Once I get enemies in the yellow or red it's all over. Usually I can use Ventress & Darth Maul to hit everyone at once then Maul cleans up. I Love it !! ( My Darth Maul is at 6 stars, level 57, and gear level 7. And yes, I have bought some chromium packs and got lucky to star him up. Again, I love Darth Maul - he is my best and most powerful attacker so far. If you are at my same level or higher use my ally code - 122-669-975 - See you on the battlefield...LOL
  • Options
    I use Darth Maul and he is my favorite. He destroys Sideous, Dooku, Kylo, and the rest. I do not use any tanks. I have Ventress as leader for speed, JC, Luminara, Barris, and Maul and this team rocks. Ventress and Maul are heavy hitters and I enjoy watching them. Darth Maul hits hard and bonuses up each time an enemy dies ( power of hatred ) and his turns meter refills 100% each time he kills someone. Once I get enemies in the yellow or red it's all over. Usually I can use Ventress & Darth Maul to hit everyone at once then Maul cleans up. I Love it !! ( My Darth Maul is at 6 stars, level 57, and gear level 7. And yes, I have bought some chromium packs and got lucky to star him up. Again, I love Darth Maul - he is my best and most powerful attacker so far. If you are at my same level or higher use my ally code - 122-669-975 - See you on the battlefield...LOL

Ventress only gives speed boost to Nightsisters though....and not even on the first turn.
  • Options
    I use Darth Maul with Ventress as leader for speed, JC, Luminara, and Bariss and I seem to destroy the opposition.
  • Options
    I have a deadly sith team with maul as leader. I love the evasion and turn meter gain. Very successful so far. Furthest rank I've gotten to is rank 3 in arena