Fewer and fewer things to buy as a F2P...

Qhue
31 posts Member
So I've reached an interesting impasse in that I've maxed out what I can buy from most of the stores using the different currencies in the game. While it is certainly the case that I can turn those currencies into either Ship materials or used for Shard Shop currency, it isn't quite the same as being able to earn and spend that currency on something you are working towards diligently.

Surely there must be other people who are F2P who are running into this same situation? I used to find myself spending (and occasionally buying) crystals in order to refresh activities in order to earn more currency each day, but now I don't see the point since its all just getting recycled into a different type of currency.

I think if there were more moderate crystal sinks then I would actually spend more on the game, but right now its either feast or famine and I just don't feel the need to plunk down huge chunks of crystals for the 'bleeding edge' content.

Replies

• Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    WAI
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    They announced in a Q&A a few months ago that they will not be adding new characters to some of the stores since they intend for players to turn the currency into shard currency to purchase stuff (namely gear) in the shard shop.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    If you are truly F2P (I am as well), and you have all arena, cantina, GW, and fleet store toons at 7* then absolutely the best thing to do with your extra shop currencies is turn them into credits, ship building credits, shard shop currency for gear, and Zetas/omegas. You likely need about 600,000,000 credits and several hundred fully crafted carbantis to have any of those toons at a useful level. That's what those extra currencies are for now.

Should you desire something to do with crystals may I recommend refreshing hard nodes to shorten those 8 month farms. Also refresh cantina 3x100 per day until you have all of those toons to 7*. Then spend some refreshes mod farming after those are done. Or do both simultaneously. And look up which gear pieces are the best value for crystals. Buy those with crystals. But the ones that are not a good crystal value you can buy from the shard shop, or guild store instead. Enjoy the gear grinding.
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    They announced in a Q&A a few months ago that they will not be adding new characters to some of the stores since they intend for players to turn the currency into shard currency to purchase stuff (namely gear) in the shard shop.

“They announced in a Q&A a few months ago that they will not be adding new characters to some of the stores since they intend for new character releases to be bought using rage money induced by putting all new characters in single hard node or highly competitive cantina node farms”

Fixed it for ya. I’m pretty certain this was their real “intent”
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

“They announced in a Q&A a few months ago that they will not be adding new characters to some of the stores since they intend for new character releases to be bought using rage money induced by putting all new characters in single hard node or highly competitive cantina node farms”

Don't forget that platoons you paid thousands and thousands of dollars to be able to fill will have new pay only toons added making platoons a permanent black hole that takes away progress people paid for already.
  • TVF
    36786 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

Unfortunately for them I'm too smart to rage.

However, given the small sample size of "most posters" I can't say I blame them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I’d save your fleet tokens, at least. They daid they’re not adding anyone to cantina, arena, or galactic war stores. Guild, fleet, and guild event will get stuff. More importantly, they said they’d held back on releasing new ships until 2.0 was launched, which implies there are a few ships coming down the line. So having some fleet tokens in reserve can help quite a bit.

But, yeah, for the sake of the other stores—no joke, ever since I maxed them out I’ve been enjoying the game so much more! I buy hellllllllla gear now and the characters I have are getting gear levels at a super fast rate. Took three geonosians from 7 to 10/11 in a little over a week!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I’d save your fleet tokens, at least. They daid they’re not adding anyone to cantina, arena, or galactic war stores. Guild, fleet, and guild event will get stuff. More importantly, they said they’d held back on releasing new ships until 2.0 was launched, which implies there are a few ships coming down the line. So having some fleet tokens in reserve can help quite a bit.

But, yeah, for the sake of the other stores—no joke, ever since I maxed them out I’ve been enjoying the game so much more! I buy hellllllllla gear now and the characters I have are getting gear levels at a super fast rate. Took three geonosians from 7 to 10/11 in a little over a week!

The shard shop as a means to farm gear is really nice, but anybody who has multiple characters maxed out from each store has a source of shard shop currency. There’s no reason for them not to put more characters into those stores other than to create a new bottleneck with new character shards
  • Options
    I'm not sure I understand what you're complaining about. Reaching the point where you have all characters in those legacy stores at 7* and converting those shards into shard shop currency is one of the pinnacle points in the game. It becomes way less stressful, you can farm mo' betta' gear, and you can narrow your focus to just a handful of toons that you want to dedicate resources towards gearing. I just don't see the problem.

They do have a moderate crystal sink available. It's called gear. I just unlocked Wampa and want him as powerful as possible as quickly as possible. CG will get a few dollars from me because I'm impatient AF.

Once Wampa is 7* I can focus 100% of my GET towards gear and progression will become even more enjoyable. Farming character shards from the shops is probably the least enjoyable part of the game for me.