Bastilla Kit clarification

I have been playing this game for roughly two years now, and I can credit these forums in working my way up as a free to play player to payout top 20 in arena. As long as Ive been on here, I've never seen such confusion and such incorrect commentary in regards to the kit of a new character. In comes BASTILLA. Im solidly confused on how anyone can play her character event and comment on here that her protection up expires after 2 two turns...

Bastilla may actually be viable. Don't sleep on her fam. forreal. Her kit is very unique. Maxed out gear 12 I'm confident she could be modded for 55k+ protection if not more. Im talking protection arrow too.

Lets say we mod her in no way any meta character has been modded before and she has 60k protection. Her leadership ability grants all other allies that 60k in protection for the whole battle, until its gone. That means that my kenobi now has 150k protection and my squishy little yoddler is rocking approx 95k. Yes her leader ability affects expire once the protection is gone but go find me a sith that can AOE all five for 60k in two turns. Child please.

Your squad now has a combined 240k raise in survivability. Theres has never been anything close to that in this game. My numbers are probably slightly exaggerated, because I mean are we really gunna put a protection arrow on anyone? Maybe, maybe not. Regardless, your average erza just became tankier than any other character in the game. That means something. I don't really care what has been.

I saw a post some time ago on the truth behind why protection has never really mattered in comparison to speed. You don't get as much out of 10k as u do 10 speed. This isnt 10k tho, its 50k, or more. Plus the tenacity. Plus the offense. Now if ur yoda can get some hits off with crit damage up that man is hitting like a mac truck. Final point: Don't be surprised if you see a bastilla squad rocking ur traya or papa palp. She is being slept on.

Replies

• Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    She's not being slept on. She's been out for 48 hours and costs roughly $200 to $300 to 7*. By the time she is farmable in about 16 weeks, there will be several team compositions already well established to counter her.
  • Options
    is the protection up she grants based on her own protection? the kit doesn't specify but i assumed it was based on each character's own max protection.
  • Moshi
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Protection up gives you bonus protection that is calculated based on base health, not based protection. Yes I know that sounds weird and counter intuitive. Same for wampa, ahsoka fulcrum protection up. So maximizing base protection won't increase the bonus given from protection up. Also, I'm not quite clear if the bonus protection is based from her and applied to everyone or each character has bonus protection applied based on their own health. I think it is likely the latter based on the language of the description.

That said, she seems like a fairly good character that has the ability to take on the sith meta on offense, though does not have as much of a chance on defense. To me, this signals that she is a great toon to take into territory wars to try to beat some of those palp/traya walls.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the way you wrote that. And Nice shout out to the forums!!
    She looks beastly. Also funny that protection came up with Jedi- I was looking into mace - cap ship and Jedi ships it’s all about protection and clearing buffs. I wonder if this will be the trend that will continue with more Jedi added/reworked. Survivability.
  • Options
    Welp. Im deleting this. that means that modded for maximum protection that it will only be approximately +35k. So pretty solid, but not game changing like 50 or 60. Why is SWGOH the only place you can find that stuff? w
  • Options
    I think you’re reading the kit wrong. It grants +200% bonus protection permanently (as in until the character is damaged enough for it to be gone). Extremely useful, and with the +15% tm gain and yoda’s rework I think we’ll finally see some Jedi in the area. My prediction will be some combo of Bastila, gmy, gk, and then 2 of either Ezra, hoda, old Ben, or fulcrum (not a Jedi, I know, but whirlwind will be devastating with the amount of buffs yoda gives her).
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure the bonus Protection is based on the Base Health of each individual character. That's how it works for other similarly worded characters. So...she's still strong but not as strong as you believe.
  • Options
    Bastila’s leader gives Jedi protection up (200%) which can’t be dispelled and lasts until the enemy deals damage equal to the amount of protection up. The protection up is based on each characters health. So if General Kenobi has 30,000 health, and 90,000 protection, he gets 60,000 protection up (30,000 x 200% = 60,000).
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Grxcious wrote: »
    Yes her leader ability affects expire once the protection is gone but...

... BUT it's not dependent on HER protection up. Her lead just says as long as they have protection up. So after her undispelable 200% protection up that never expires is slowly ground down by damage, Grand Master Yoda can give everyone more. Sure his can be dispelled, and does expire, but he gets constant huge TM bonuses from multiple moves, and can give it out repeatedly.

Also isn't it supposed to be effects instead of affects?
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jolee also gives a lot of protection up through his unique. He works well under Bastilla lead
  • Vendi1983
    5025 posts Member
    Options
    And then you go after them with zzPalp, SiT, SiA, Talzin and Sion. Tanky, 4 of 5 hit through protection, and Jedi + Shock = 40% health loss each turn.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    So, is it consensus that her lead is better than GMY? He will be providing protection up the entire battle and give 150% tenacity whever it is up. His zeta lead seems kinda redundant now.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    And then you go after them with zzPalp, SiT, SiA, Talzin and Sion. Tanky, 4 of 5 hit through protection, and Jedi + Shock = 40% health loss each turn.

Nope. Sorry. Bastilla lead Jedi are destroying Palpatine lead in arena. The shock doesn't stick due to the +150% tenacity. The turn meter bonus to start gives Jedi a big enough speed bonus to outspeed characters with drastically better mods. The Palpatine teams are crippled and half dead before that initial protection wears off. It's even holding on defense. Treya lead still shuts them down though.
  • Options
    Bastilla is the best lead vs Palp. GMY is probably best for P1 Sith Raid. zQGJ is probably still the best offensively vs squads that don't rely on debuffs. Guessing zQGJ would counter zBastilla.