Why does Traya's Isolate not allow a revive?

I've read the wording like 10 times and it doesn't say anything to that effect on the character, only in the sith raid.

Replies

• Options
    Because being revived is considered a "positive effect" which is prevented.
  • Options
    Positive effects include:
    Turn Meter Gain
    Health Recovery
    Protection Recovery
    Assist Attack
    Buffs
    Revive
    Ally Dispel
    Health Equalization
    Cooldown reduction

Quoted from this post:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/160410/character-strategy-darth-traya/p1
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    While not directly stated in game, but outlined in the character profile in the forum, what would you consider a "positive effect"?

• Options
    Isolate is to prevent one character being helped by other characters.
    Reviving is a pretty big help...
  • Kiritoismyname
    845 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Roopehun wrote: »

That thinking is flawed since boba can revive on his own..

But yeah, it is what it is.
  • Options

What about night sister zombie? She helps herself

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Treeburner wrote: »

She helps herself... only in the presence of other Nightsisters. So if you kill them all then she is in effect... isolated. Then her self resurrection won't work. Or, Treya can isolate her.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    While not directly stated in game, but outlined in the character profile in the forum, what would you consider a "positive effect"?

Personally, I would consider a positive effect to be a buff....... Anything adds a green status effect.... It's just a wording thing.

To me, blocking an ability from working is different.... I'm sure it's WAI, just could be worded better.....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Personally, I would consider a positive effect to be a buff....... Anything adds a green status effect.... It's just a wording thing.

To me, blocking an ability from working is different.... I'm sure it's WAI, just could be worded better.....

Yes, but there are many other "positive effects" in this game, to say the only positive effects are buffs is a little narrow of a description. Also if it was buffs then wouldn't it just say that.
  • big_bad
    97 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think that revive should be prevented by isolate. Revive occurs after a unit has died. Once a unit dies they no longer have any negative status effects, which should include isolate. If a unit is isolated and killed, and then a revive is attempted 5 minutes later, that dead unit should not still be considered isolated just because it died while having that debuff. Of course it's WAI, but it doesn't really make any sense.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Can you revive the dead character if another of your heroes becomes isolated (and not the healer doing the reviving)? That would seem to fit with the description of Isolate better.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Well in the case of say Boba Fett or Sion it’s an actual buff that causes them to revive so I can see how Isolate can prevent it. But say GK dies while isolated. Can Jolee Bindo or Visas Marr revive him two turns later?
  • Options
    Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    Well in the case of say Boba Fett or Sion it’s an actual buff that causes them to revive so I can see how Isolate can prevent it. But say GK dies while isolated. Can Jolee Bindo or Visas Marr revive him two turns later?

Nope. If they die while they’re isolated, they can’t come back.
  • Options

Nope. If they die while they’re isolated, they can’t come back.

I’d say I’m surprised but considering what it takes to even get Traya I’m not. Oh well.
  • big_bad
    97 posts Member
    Options
    Also, the spirit of the Isolate ability is to prevent a character from being helped by their allies, thus isolating them. With this in mind, why should Boba's revive be prevented? It's an ability that does not depend on any ally.
  • Options
    big_bad wrote: »
    Also, the spirit of the Isolate ability is to prevent a character from being helped by their allies, thus isolating them. With this in mind, why should Boba's revive be prevented? It's an ability that does not depend on any ally.

Actually that would apply to Sion’s Held by Hatred too. He’s already a very solitary character. He’s using his own hatred and the Force to keep himself alive and together.
  • Options
    big_bad wrote: »

Actually that would apply to Sion’s Held by Hatred too. He’s already a very solitary character. He’s using his own hatred and the Force to keep himself alive and together.

... and my Sion did not revive... :-(
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

She helps herself... only in the presence of other Nightsisters. So if you kill them all then she is in effect... isolated. Then her self resurrection won't work. Or, Treya can isolate her.

Her revive can’t be prevented
  • Options

Yes, but there are many other "positive effects" in this game, to say the only positive effects are buffs is a little narrow of a description. Also if it was buffs then wouldn't it just say that.

I would rather a narrow description than a ambiguous one " positive effect " is every characters unique. isolate dosnt stop imperial troopers giving each other tenaciy or hit damage or chance from there unique. I think it means visable effects so anything you can see eg heal ,tm gain,buffs.
    With boba it might be different though as his revive is a locked buff idk
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Random9 wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Her revive can’t be prevented

Yes I know. I shouldn't based on the way it's described IMHO, but it's not the only inconsistency.
  • Options
    thrawn still gives an isolated character tm. That seems like a positive effect.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

I agree that is also inconsistent, and could be a bug.
  • Options
    Bosses need to block revives. Maybe not 100% or right away, but it makes forms with revives way more poweful than others vs bosses.
  • Options

Thrawn doesn't give them TM, he swaps his TM with theirs, it's a subtle difference. I'm pretty sure the devs have said this is WAI.
    Bosses need to block revives. Maybe not 100% or right away, but it makes forms with revives way more poweful than others vs bosses.
    That's a good thing, it gives revive characters a place to shine. Healers and revivers are not very popular in arena and are not as widely used as the other classes in the game.

• BnBTobacconist
    665 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    That's a positive affect, he/she obviously gaining tm
  • Options

I would rather a narrow description than a ambiguous one " positive effect " is every characters unique. isolate dosnt stop imperial troopers giving each other tenaciy or hit damage or chance from there unique.
  • Options
    It does if traya is dead. I think - at least in pretty sure a Bindo revived someone who was isolated when dying but then traya was killed and bindo revived someone
    | ANZGC | Exile |