Territory war matchmaking

So i am in a guild with 159 million gp, and the last 2 territory wars we have gotten 180+ million gp guilds that take advantage of the system by having a couple members not join and in turn drop brackets and obviously they have stronger rosters and better mods we need a fix for this i think everyone should be automatically joined for a territory war, that would solve the dropping brackets issue so basically we just won't do a territory war when that happens cause it is no fun when it happens fix this please

Replies

• Options
    So i am in a guild with 159 million gp, and the last 2 territory wars we have gotten 180+ million gp guilds that take advantage of the system by having a couple members not join and in turn drop brackets and obviously they have stronger rosters and better mods we need a fix for this i think everyone should be automatically joined for a territory war, that would solve the dropping brackets issue so basically we just won't do a territory war when that happens cause it is no fun when it happens fix this please

The other side is the guild that is penalized for moving up a bracket cause 20 pp who aren't going to play the tw were joined in.

Match making needs an improvement. Gp is a horrible measure of guild strength/individual character strength and should be overhauled as well. But auto joining everyone would make things less even, not more
  • Options
    Yeah but it's a guild effort, if half your guild doesn't show you should be penalized, we always have 49-50 members in ours, it was just a suggestion I'm just frustrated with better guilds cheating the system and dropping brackets when they should all be fighting a guild is as strong as your weakest link unless you leave them on the bench
  • Options
    How have they moved down a bracket? The top bracket is 160 mil plus? So unless your couple is about 7 members not joining in then dont see how that works. Otherwise I would say its to do with that the algorithm tries to avoid pitting guilds that have fought each other recently against each other and there aren't that many 180 mil plus guilds i would imagine
  • Options
    Yeah it's weird we aren't even in the 160+ bracket we are in the one below that and we had 50 members join and they had 47or 48 join cause there are 24 nodes, i don't know but it's messed up for sure
  • Options
    Our 77m GP guild just got matched up with a 110m GP guild, so I totally understand your frustration. At the end of the day it's at least 1 free zeta mat. That's basically my entire attitude towards TW now unfortunately.
  • Options
    I agree with the original poster. All guild members should be auto-joined, the same as Territory Battles. It doesn’t matter if all members participate or not. The fairest matchmaking should be based on total guild GP, not just who decides to participate. Do Territory Battles or Raids adjust to who participates or doesn’t, no they do not, we are all subject to the same test regardless of your guilds strength. Further it would be nice if CG actually included the adversary guild’s GP during the territory war. Why hide it? It’s not like either guild controls who they are going to face. I can’t see any advantage given to either guild by posting the GP. The only thing that would be exposed is how much stronger or weaker your guild is compared to your adversary, which in theory could lead to the weaker guilds having apathy towards participating in the first place. The game is built on math not underdogs and upsets, just be transparent up front with our chances of success...
  • Options
    We are facing one now with 50 trayas! We dont have any!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Auto join is a terrible idea. It is very nice to not feel like you are hurting your guild when you cant be on your phone.
  • Options
    Yeah i guess your right about the auto join but lets face it the matchmaking for tw is broken especially when your just under a bracket cause the way it is some guilds just take advantage of the current system making it unfair
  • Options
    They can argue it's about active GP not overall etc. But when you're in a position like my current TW, where our opponent has 20+mil overall GP, and here's the kicker us; 2 traya teams, them 41 traya teams. It's a little out of hand lol.. granted we are still winning but that even surprised our guild leader and officers.
  • Whatelse73
    2168 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Yep, we had the same thing, two times in a row. 23 and 25 mil GP more than us. So we're facing guilds around 130 mil GP which means we are facing teams that have mostly maxed out teams and we're still building. There really needs to be a 10 mil GP window for every guild until maybe you get to the highest tier. You just can't put guilds that are farming Sith Raid against guilds that haven't even gotten to the Heroic version, for example.

I don't recall in all our TW's a time where we faced a guild with LESS GP than us. We might have, I just don't recall. However, facing <20+ mil GP guilds is a pretty regular thing, especially since we passed the 100 mil GP hurdle.
  • Options
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Our 77m GP guild just got matched up with a 110m GP guild, so I totally understand your frustration. At the end of the day it's at least 1 free zeta mat. That's basically my entire attitude towards TW now unfortunately.

This is another causality to not having a more limited window on TW. People just say, "screw it, just do whatever and we'll get a zeta anyway." because how are we expected to compete against another guild that has 20, 30, 40 mil GP more than us? (Regardless of how many players they don't have in the match.)
  • Options
    Yeah but it's a guild effort, if half your guild doesn't show you should be penalized, we always have 49-50 members in ours, it was just a suggestion I'm just frustrated with better guilds cheating the system and dropping brackets when they should all be fighting a guild is as strong as your weakest link unless you leave them on the bench

I think the dropping that many members part is a bit tough to see happening on a large scale. Basically you're screwing over your guild as a whole by telling people "hey you aren't competing in this one so we can win" and those players lose out on gear, currency, zetas, etc. just for a win? Some guilds might care only about the win, but I doubt it is widespread. If guilds are making their players do that, feel free to send me a message because we have an 11-12 guild alliance with plenty of room and don't tell players to lose out on rewards, just so we can get a "win", ever.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

I think the dropping that many members part is a bit tough to see happening on a large scale. Basically you're screwing over your guild as a whole by telling people "hey you aren't competing in this one so we can win" and those players lose out on gear, currency, zetas, etc. just for a win? Some guilds might care only about the win, but I doubt it is widespread. If guilds are making their players do that, feel free to send me a message because we have an 11-12 guild alliance with plenty of room and don't tell players to lose out on rewards, just so we can get a "win", ever.

You’re misunderstanding how the guilds who drop members do it, which is one of 2 ways:

1) a rota system. A different 3 players miss each TW. After 17 TWs the rota is complete. If they’ve won all the TWs, each member will have earned 48 zetas plus 16 lots of gear. To match that with 50/50 signing up they’d need to win 14 of the 17 TWs. That’s a tall order if it’s always a fair fight.

2) a multi guild rotation system. Similar to the above, but the guilds within an alliance reshuffle members so that each guild contains 10-15 of the megalodons. They will have strong enough rosters to win against any weaker guild and will still clear Heroic Sith as well. They then regroup in time for next TB.

It sounds like a lot of hard work to me, but I can’t argue that it’s not worth it. And it definitely goes on.
  • Options
    The matchmaking is pretty random for the TW. I have fought 6 TW with my current guild, 1 walk over, 3 close wins, 1 close loss and we got stomped on once as well.

It is no fun to be the way smaller guild but in these cases, just accept your prizes and move on. At the higher levels you are in reality only fighting for 1 or 2 zeta's, the other prizes are fairly comparable

Hopefully they will work out a decent measure to better match up opponents in the future

Just my 2 cents mind

FeeFye