Tank and Pit Reward Updates

I remember reading that these raids were going to get a rework towards the end of Summer, and was just wondering what the update was on this?

Replies

• Options
    Why oh why would I want them to do what they did to Sith Raid to raids I actually like?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Careful never said update for the better, prob RNG but raid rewards trash as of late
  • Options
    Iwells911 wrote: »
    I remember reading that these raids were going to get a rework towards the end of Summer, and was just wondering what the update was on this?

If I recall correctly--and there's a good chance I'm wrong--it was scrapped. The plan was to normalize all raid rewards so that they would be the same for everyone who participated, kind of like how they're the same for everyone in Territory Battles and Wars. They started with the Sith Raid and intended to roll it out to the other raids in the summer.

But people got mad for whatever reason (let's not rehash it) and the change to Sith Raid rewards were reverted to the tiered structure we had before, and still have now, and the other raids were never changed.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    They redistributed rewards so that 1-15 got a nerf and 15-50 got a buff. The whales were enraged about this though when they could no longer get multiple full pieces from heroic sith, so CG changed by heroic sith rewards but kept everything else.

That’s why everything is absolutely horrible now. And they said they were going to take out quest rewards, but still haven’t done that.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    I hate the cjallenge gear but whenever we ask for a simple change they decide to develop a zany system of ropes and pulleys that make it uneccesary complicated and worse than it previously was.

So ignore this thread and keep rewards the way they are for those raids.
  • Options
    I total agree, rewards in hpit, or haat uts fu joke. They should change it, and if you in place 1- 3 you should get guarantee full crafted gear. Same in rewards should be more carbanite and czerka.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Iwells911 wrote: »

If I recall correctly--and there's a good chance I'm wrong--it was scrapped. The plan was to normalize all raid rewards so that they would be the same for everyone who participated, kind of like how they're the same for everyone in Territory Battles and Wars. They started with the Sith Raid and intended to roll it out to the other raids in the summer.

But people got mad for whatever reason (let's not rehash it) and the change to Sith Raid rewards were reverted to the tiered structure we had before, and still have now, and the other raids were never changed.

We can't have team effort being rewarded can we. Not like we don't have enough "competitive" modes already.

No, we have to reward whaling with more stuff even though they buy all the things anyway. Balls to the peasantry.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
    518 posts Member
    Options
    They should make it equal for everyone so we all get the same pieces and one full piece that is randomly choose for everyone.
  • Options
    I def don’t think the rewards should be the same, but challenge gear should either be removed or decreased greatly
  • Options
    Hpit rewards it's a joke. I understand you can solo hpit with 2 characters, but rewards should guarantee somes full crafted. And remove pieces what you have thousand. For example czerka iii, you can get this from any challenges. From some characters like RT, you need 200pcs. And in last rewards in hpit I get 16 pics, it's a joke
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    They just need to add a logic test. Something like Do i already have >300 of the piece selected. If yes select a new piece. If no select that piece. They would probably have to limit how many times this can occur since it is possible some whale has >300 everything and it coukd create a loop but that would make it where they could remove the gear you have 1000s of from your reward and replace it with stuff you actually need.
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    Options
    What about a new elite tier for new rewards?
  • Options
    AA86 wrote: »

That’s basically what each new raid is.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    New tiers, simply make them immune to TM reduction. Maybe a few other tweaks. Seems easy enough...I know easier said than done.
    Post edited by Ugnaught on
  • Options
    I want to select gear rewards by myself... I’m in the first place in haat 3 times in a row, but the rewards are trash. Nothing. None of the reward gears isn’t necessary to me. I have thousands of gear pieces already!! It’s ridiculous. Get rid of those gears which we can already farm at gear challenge, they must.
  • BattletoadsRash
    79 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Heroic Raid Stores:

Add "Heroic Pit Store", "Heroic Tank Store", and "Heroic Sith Store" as new tabs in Shipments. When you complete each raid you earn "Heroic Raid Tokens" that are specific to each raid's store (Heroic Pit Tokens, Heroic Tank Tokens, or Heroic Sith Tokens). Higher ranks in the raid earn more tokens. Has to be limited to Heroic to keep certain rewards exclusive to the Heroic Tiers as intended by the dev team.

Contents of the Heroic Raid Stores would be the same salvage, prototype, and fully crafted gear currently available from each raid. Buy what you actually need... you earned it.

The raids would still give out credits, guild store tokens, guild event tokens, character shards etc. as is. Just replace the gear drops with Heroic Raid Store Tokens.

Please? :)
    Post edited by BattletoadsRash on
  • Options
    Lol sure, 1 place hpit 1k tokens, salvage 10pcs cost 760. Busines of the day
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    AA86 wrote: »

That’s basically what each new raid is.

The problem is it isn't
  • Options
    Don't jinx it, otherwise they will double the number of daily challenge gear on the raids. :D:D:D
  • Options
    komji15 wrote: »
    I want to select gear rewards by myself... I’m in the first place in haat 3 times in a row, but the rewards are trash. Nothing. None of the reward gears isn’t necessary to me. I have thousands of gear pieces already!! It’s ridiculous. Get rid of those gears which we can already farm at gear challenge, they must.

It does seem like I get the exact same rewards all the time for placing first. It's a little too eerie. I agree, they should increase the currency equivalent to what the gear would have been rewarded and let me purchase what I want. Otherwise, there is little benefit to the effort if those in the lower ranks can actually get better rewards.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm pretty tired of getting Furnaces in Pit 80% of the time (up to 850 furnaces now) while being broke on Droid Callers and Nubian Tech. Others in my guild are in the same boat. Got 2x challenge gear in tank the last time, and always the same raid stuff (mk3 baccas or holos). It's honestly a shock when I don't get those gear as a reward.
    I'd love a bit more RNG, or at least equal weighting for the gear - or just ditch the gear rewards altogether and give me a ton more guild currency, plus the occasional full gear drop.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Heroic Raid Stores:

Add "Heroic Pit Store", "Heroic Tank Store", and "Heroic Sith Store" as new tabs in Shipments. When you complete each raid you earn "Heroic Raid Tokens" that are specific to each raid's store (Heroic Pit Tokens, Heroic Tank Tokens, or Heroic Sith Tokens). Higher ranks in the raid earn more tokens. Has to be limited to Heroic to keep certain rewards exclusive to the Heroic Tiers as intended by the dev team.

Contents of the Heroic Raid Stores would be the same salvage, prototype, and fully crafted gear currently available from each raid. Buy what you actually need... you earned it.

The raids would still give out credits, guild store tokens, guild event tokens, character shards etc. as is. Just replace the gear drops with Heroic Raid Store Tokens.

Please? :)

That would be nice.
  • Options
    Getting stuff we want, when we want it, for free!?

Crazy person is crazy.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    komji15 wrote: »

What's funny is, EA already has this system in other games. Madden Mobile, for example. After a tournament, you get to choose your rewards, based on the tier you finished in. Even the daily reward for league contributions allows you to choose your reward. It can't be effort-prohibitive, because they already have the framework for other games.
  • Options
    I would prefer a mythic tier for Rancor, where all rewards are the same for all players, you don't get shards and everyplayer just gives fixed rewards, say 1,250 guild currency, 750k cash and then red box and purple box for gear?

i.e. no yellow box

nothing game breaking, just slightly more currency, slightly more cash and a better chance of getting decent gear at a trade out of no han solo shards
  • Options
    For what sh... I need han dolo shard if I have him maxed? Ok, I get for example 7 shard 3 times per week, and buy for that in shard shop 12pcs stun guns. Its pathetis rewards. 1250 guild currency means nothing, couse 10pcs more important gear cost 780-900. Rewards from hpi and haat is pathetic. No chance to build and serious gear.