Arena Meta

I know everyone on my shard is feeling this and was wondering your guys thoughts. This current Meta is VERY boring. I think its really due to Trayas purpouse is to make everything suck. There is nothing flashy. No big assist, crazy damage is rare. Its just boring 3+ minute fights. If you run a meta Traya team you just wait to annihilate people. If you run Jedi you take half the match to make any progress trying to get passedTrooper and Sion taunts. Any other team tends to not even be worth it due to how hard you will drop in arena. Personally this meta is killing arena for me. I cant even motivate myself for the crystals. If I run Jedi its a long battle I can still lose to RNG. If I run my Traya no matter my mods or gear advantage I can also still lose due to RNG. Even when I drop to like 11 overnight I dread even doing 2 fights to get into my spot. How are you guys feeling about this meta and how are you doing?

Arena Meta 50 votes

I enjoy this meta!
26%
OlddumperBrtStlndHuatimusKrjstoffTimMarshallRey_GreysaberSmygelfhBubbaFettJediRobbPerksCaptainFizzXxDougyDougyxXRoopehunter 13 votes
Not a fan but play for crystals
42%
RogerMoore_007STRIKEBOMBgpeeeeBulYwifSentiaPAUBroksbySamDSCspicynachosupreme1J0HND03Pacyn4lifePresariaGarmaddonBaugl1rSteelOU812metal_samuraiSithTrio_POcannonfodder_ivJarJarJardiniTheForceFizzledObi1KenobiSW 21 votes
Indifferent
12%
Zombie961jhbuchholzKreontasFirebrigaderodandreelguyDaPowerfulJedi 6 votes
Not a fan and barely climb
12%
SaralebPapiLongLegsKyJoe_CoolMahbrethirFauztinJimmySmitsMom 6 votes
Not a fan and gave up
8%
TooLOnEMesSduPKiDAleSahnDroh_1979JohnLove11 4 votes

Replies

• Options
    I like the guy in our top 10 with BHs (and god mods...) but still....
  • Options

How old is your shard and who is he running?
  • Options
    M - Makes

E - Everyone

T - Think

A - Alike

You are leaving out the option of "I don't follow metas and I still place in the top spot.

There are a few non meta squads but again if you are in a developed shard off meta squads get crushed.
  • Options

He’s running Bossk(l), Greedo, Dengar, Boba and Nest - Gold Rings 7* (obviously), full Zetas and strong mods.
  • Options

He’s running Bossk(l), Greedo, Dengar, Boba and Nest - Gold Rings 7* (obviously), full Zetas and strong mods.

Thats got to be a pretty new shard right? Im in like a 2yo shard and I tried my G12 BH for a day and they lost every battle lol. And I have the best mods in my shard.
  • Options
    M - Makes

E - Everyone

T - Think

A - Alike

You are leaving out the option of "I don't follow metas and I still place in the top spot.

There are a few non meta squads but again if you are in a developed shard off meta squads get crushed.

So I hear, but not if you're active and have chats. But hey, id rather drop using teams I enjoy then be forced to use the same team everyone and their grandma uses.....

What are you running? JTR, Rebs, Generic Sith, Emp, Scoundrels? How old is ypur shard?
  • Options
    Indifferent
    Ive roughly same spot past few metas, always gonna be complaining on how new meta is OP and needs a nerf, as long as it isn't another evasion meta I don't care
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    I enjoy this meta!
    It’s no different than past metas. Traya’s lead counters just about everything that every other team tries to do and controls the match. Just like CLS did and just like RJT did.

I, for one, am glad that the bad guys are in charge now and the Rebel crew that has more or less dominated arena for 2 years is almost totally worthless.
  • Options
    Not a fan and gave up
    I continue to say this meta is different than the rest. Whereas others were about propping up a specific team and making it great, Traya’s Leader ability is about tearing everyone else down. Mitigating damage and bleeding characters until they die. It’s very boring and even more aggravating to play against.
  • Options
    i don't really like any meta frankly. everyone running the same couple squads (or near enough) is rather boring, but my opinion is tainted by the fact that i hate arena, period. hate it hate it hate it. i put up with it for the crystals and place fairly high but hate every minute of it.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    I enjoy this meta!
    I continue to say this meta is different than the rest. Whereas others were about propping up a specific team and making it great, Traya’s Leader ability is about tearing everyone else down. Mitigating damage and bleeding characters until they die. It’s very boring and even more aggravating to play against.

What you described is a very Traya way to battle.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Most of the top 10 in advanced shards now run Traya lead, so it's quite impossible to take first when you don't have Traya yourself. I usually try once and when I'm lucky I spend half of the fight to try to kill DN and his 500k Health until I have no time left ;-)
  • Options
    I must be quite lucky as my shard has a mix of EP/Traya squads, Shan lead Jedis and the odd NS & JTR squads. I am able to stay in top 50 by using an EP lead nightmare team, Shan lead Jedi and NS teams.
    My shard is about 2 years old so probably not as well developed as some.
    I have to say I think the current META is better than at some points in the past. Remember when Chaise teams killed absolutely everything?
  • Options
    I know everyone on my shard is feeling this and was wondering your guys thoughts. This current Meta is VERY boring. I think its really due to Trayas purpouse is to make everything suck. There is nothing flashy. No big assist, crazy damage is rare. Its just boring 3+ minute fights. If you run a meta Traya team you just wait to annihilate people. If you run Jedi you take half the match to make any progress trying to get passedTrooper and Sion taunts. Any other team tends to not even be worth it due to how hard you will drop in arena. Personally this meta is killing arena for me. I cant even motivate myself for the crystals. If I run Jedi its a long battle I can still lose to RNG. If I run my Traya no matter my mods or gear advantage I can also still lose due to RNG. Even when I drop to like 11 overnight I dread even doing 2 fights to get into my spot. How are you guys feeling about this meta and how are you doing?

i think we didnt have such an easy meta ever since mods came out. i remember that the poe meta was pretty easy for me, but now, with traya, its just a suprt easy.
    like you, i admit, its pretty boring. i run the same squad for almost 3 months already, and its a defensive and slow squad. sometimes offense and fast meta is annoying (people were annoyed by Zaul meta, and totally hated CLS meta if they didnt have CLS) so im not even sure if thats better, but i do agree that the fact this meta is slow meta and defensive, does make it pretty boring. however, there's a single thing i need to stress here : you said that even if you run traya, and even with mod or gear advantage, you might lose to RNG.
    i suggest that you reconsider your team and tactic. this shouldnt be happening at all. personally, i havent lost an offense fight in all these 3 months, and i have a big disadvantage on modding (simply because i dont care). my thrawn is one of the slowest on the shard, with 261, and im facing thrawns with 300+ speed, while the avg is 280+ probably. i couldnt care less about speed or the g12+ on my arena team actually, and i enter every fight knowing that i win for sure, regardless of RNG. as i said, its a slow team. traya L dont give any TM or speed, only the heal, crit avoidance, and - offense to enemy (super defensive lead, typical hide the DN.) with this kind of lead, when you need to survive, you dont even need mod advantage. the only advantage you need is the Player vs AI advantage. i really think you should look at others, their squads and what they do, you absolutely cant lose due to RNG in this easy meta if you have traya. especially if you have the mod advantage.
  • Options
    I must be quite lucky as my shard has a mix of EP/Traya squads, Shan lead Jedis and the odd NS & JTR squads. I am able to stay in top 50 by using an EP lead nightmare team, Shan lead Jedi and NS teams.
    My shard is about 2 years old so probably not as well developed as some.
    I have to say I think the current META is better than at some points in the past. Remember when Chaise teams killed absolutely everything?

That’s nt lucky that’s just ppl switching for better odds

Against traya lead, use ep lead
    Against ep lead, use bastilla lead
    Against bastilla lead, use traya lead

It’s usually a 90% chance of winning at least if you follow the above and have decently geared and modded toons
  • Options
    Yes you are right it does seem to work a bit like that.I cannot make the top 10 as I don't have Traya. You do need at least 2/3 good squads to compete in the Arena.