The force is quickly tipping out of balance!

I hope I don't get banned for this but this is a warning to EA/CG. I am actually doing thing for you, I'm trying to help you out... Don't make the mistake that other games have made, you have a game that's like a goose with the golden eggs and what you're doing it is you're making it work too much over time to squeeze those eggs out faster. That's only gonna make the goose die.

I don't want to see this game die but the latest changes are make it seem that we're headed that way. You wanna make money we all get that, but this is too much, even for whales. The game is doing great revenue wise and try pushing it for more is simply not a wise strategy.

You have recently forgotten the word generosity and you are trying to make EVERYTHING a money maker, it's simply too much, the only problem with games like this is that once players leave they usually find another game and they don't come back. Please be more reasonable with prices and something that's supposed to be QoL has turned into a huge revenue stream but it's adding too much stress on people's pockets which is totally unnecessary.

I hope this helps...

Replies

• Options
    yea they going to delete this post for real. Anything that is HONEST towards them (not mentioning names here) is immediately purged.
  • Options
    I’ve been around for a bit. So excuse the old-fartness but every time a big change comes - the forums always scream “the sky is falling” (myself included) and the game is still here. Almost 3 years later , still here. Maybe the sky is falling but it hasn’t yet.

Just wait and see. Some changes are cool. Mods seem super complicated now, but I am willing to bet I will learn them and great people on here will learn it even better and post up what to do.

Keep doing your thing. Keep building, keep playing. We ll be ok.
  • Options
    ^ Yeah, even my hair isn't on fire on this one. I think the mods piece has been done very well. We get a new table with some new battles, a new shop and a new energy. We don't have to decide between shard farms or mod farms anymore, and we have to **gasp** plan what we want to do with that new energy.

The loadouts are amazing - thank you!!! The slicing costs are what they are. If anyone thought they were going to upgrade to a 6-dot mod on day one without paying something for it....not sure what to tell you. The new shop is awesome. I don't see a downside here really.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    - Energy for mods - player request
    - Ability to make mods that were previously useless(anything without speed), useful.
    - everything is farmable (again with it's own energy)

Not sure what direction you think it's going but this is an update that seems to have the players in mind.

Yes everything in this game can be done faster and easier if you want to $$. That doesnt change and this update doesnt take particular advantage of that.
  • sL4sh
    14 posts Member
    Options
    8maun5kdpk6o.png
  • Options
    yeah, I'd actually say the pinching is much less. I mean, I was just able to buy 20 stun cuffs for 1.2 million in credits. That's super FTP friendly! I was blown away they did that.

anyway, yes, this game creates bottlenecks that are much easier to break through with spending. I would contend those bottle necks are much less severe than perviously and this game is considerably more FTP friendly than anything else out there.

I don't like all the changes, but I don't dislike them. I'm just not used to them. Maybe it gets better, maybe it doesn't. But it certainly doesn't do me any good to jump to conclusions before I give it a shot.
  • Options
    Maybe first time in history that I like a patch of CG.
    Its clearly not more simple, as advertised (isnt falsr advertising punished by law?), but the seperate mod energy is welcomed by me.

I wish they actually just created what we wanted (mod set creation), and spent the rest tine on QoL, ship raid, Revan, str, fleet contents/improvements, but we're speaking of CG, so the expectations should be set to an extreme rock bottom low.
  • Options
    I'm not excited about the new "slicing " thing. I'm not angry. It's a new thing, with a new learning curve.

My biggest gripe is that every table has that "Updating " delay.
    "2% - 5% - 12% - 12% - 12% . . . "
    I know there's no way around that. But it makes me all anxious and fidgety (and I take pills to avoid just that).

Still, it's licensed Star Wars. I just beefed up my Raid Han, and I'm only 12 stun guns away from G11-ing my Magmatrooper.

Now we have more game to play.
    Cool.
  • Options
    Some good changes really, chances to beat the sith raid keep coming.

You want a greedy dev? Go try out Marvel strike force then come back :-)
  • Options
    Dude drop the complaining this update is actually dope. You get hard gear for credits as well as character shards that are found on hard nodes. I just bought visas mar shards. This update is great and the devs did a great job
  • Options
    Gotta say this is one of the most FTP updates yet, in my opinion. Given, there are a TON of packs offered for money buuttttttt......I did like buying Visas Marr shards for credits, so seems good to me.
  • Options
    Hm no def no f2p friendly. To max refresh all the farms now (just the first tier of refreshes) will cost 150 for LS/ds 300 for fleet, 300 for cantina and 150 for mods. That’s 900 crystals daily. Unless you rank 1 daily in both arenas (likely then you’re not a f2p) you can’t even farm things wuickly.... let alone keep up with those max farming plus buying shipments and packs.

I’m not a f2p and I will be just fine. But just saying that the poster is not totally out of line.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    The weekly shipments is the best part of this download, g12+ for purchase is sweet. Gonna move the whales waaaaaay ahead faster but them’s the breaks.
  • Options
    Are there some Putin Trolls up in here?!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    ^ Yeah, even my hair isn't on fire on this one. I think the mods piece has been done very well. We get a new table with some new battles, a new shop and a new energy. We don't have to decide between shard farms or mod farms anymore, and we have to **gasp** plan what we want to do with that new energy.

The loadouts are amazing - thank you!!! The slicing costs are what they are. If anyone thought they were going to upgrade to a 6-dot mod on day one without paying something for it....not sure what to tell you. The new shop is awesome. I don't see a downside here really.

^^This... When mods 2.0 was first being discussed I was not very happy about the prospect... Now that it's rolled out and I can see the changes I believe this is truly one of the better updates!
  • EAS
    89 posts Member
    Options
    I hope I don't get banned for this but this is a warning to EA/CG. I am actually doing thing for you, I'm trying to help you out... Don't make the mistake that other games have made, you have a game that's like a goose with the golden eggs and what you're doing it is you're making it work too much over time to squeeze those eggs out faster. That's only gonna make the goose die.

I don't want to see this game die but the latest changes are make it seem that we're headed that way. You wanna make money we all get that, but this is too much, even for whales. The game is doing great revenue wise and try pushing it for more is simply not a wise strategy.

You have recently forgotten the word generosity and you are trying to make EVERYTHING a money maker, it's simply too much, the only problem with games like this is that once players leave they usually find another game and they don't come back. Please be more reasonable with prices and something that's supposed to be QoL has turned into a huge revenue stream but it's adding too much stress on people's pockets which is totally unnecessary.

I hope this helps...

completely right. in the last time with the new additons (Bastila stupidly insane lead even without z, hounds tooth and this new more "fair" mod system) 4 people in my guild quit the game.

not talking about 1.X M players ....4 of them over 3.5 M and one almost in 4M.

this is getting out of hand, they think they created the matrix but its a low performance mobile game.

well somebody had to pay for the battlefront fiasco :smile: sad that whales in this game have to, and the f2p like us receive the lash ....

PS: i do think this will get erased or "moved" to proper place
  • Options
    6• Mods are basically behind a paywall for now. That said this update is very F2P friendly. Us F2P players used to have to choose between cantina toon shards or mods... now we get both. This does help bridge the gap honestly. Before this update it was pretty much Mod your Arena team... then go & farm all your best cantina toons and forget about mods for several months. This boosts F2P more than P2W in my opinion. Not to mention loadouts.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    - Ability to make mods that were previously useless(anything without speed), useful.

Not sure what direction you think it's going but this is an update that seems to have the players in mind.

Yes everything in this game can be done faster and easier if you want to $$. That doesnt change and this update doesnt take particular advantage of that.

While I do not always agree with Kyno he is pretty spot on here. Once the Sith Raid Retooling is complete and the Raid rewards reworked to an acceptable level for the player base AND if they kept hard node farming attempts at 8 I would probably have everything I felt was needed.

So yeah...what Kyno said x100.

To be fair to the OP. We have all spent A LOT of time and energy in this game and while we hate some things we generally enjoy the game enough to play it every day and I hope it's around for years to come. I can understand some people's worry about waking up one day to no game.

• Options
    It's because people feel like they have to have every toon maxed. That's not the point of the changes. I think the point is striving towards being able to use the squads u want to use. Instead of thinking u have to have everything. Try the mindset of just playing for fun, and stop expecting to be the best and have it all or ur not happy.
  • Options
    MrRedxZero wrote: »
    It's because people feel like they have to have every toon maxed. That's not the point of the changes. I think the point is striving towards being able to use the squads u want to use. Instead of thinking u have to have everything. Try the mindset of just playing for fun, and stop expecting to be the best and have it all or ur not happy.

Not when ranks are at stake
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

While I do not always agree with Kyno he is pretty spot on here. Once the Sith Raid Retooling is complete and the Raid rewards reworked to an acceptable level for the player base AND if they kept hard node farming attempts at 8 I would probably have everything I felt was needed.

So yeah...what Kyno said x100.

To be fair to the OP. We have all spent A LOT of time and energy in this game and while we hate some things we generally enjoy the game enough to play it every day and I hope it's around for years to come. I can understand some people's worry about waking up one day to no game.

But are Sith raid rewards going to be balanced?
  • Options
    I’ve been around for a bit. So excuse the old-fartness but every time a big change comes - the forums always scream “the sky is falling” (myself included) and the game is still here. Almost 3 years later , still here. Maybe the sky is falling but it hasn’t yet.

Just wait and see. Some changes are cool. Mods seem super complicated now, but I am willing to bet I will learn them and great people on here will learn it even better and post up what to do.

This.

All of it.

People hate change...wisest thing to do is exactly what you're doing...keep at it. If any new features are optional then don't use them. If they are mandatory then give them a shot, and some time, and make a decision a few weeks down the line. Keep playing or stop playing.

BUT- the game is still the same game. Don't panic.
  • Options

This.

All of it.

People hate change...wisest thing to do is exactly what you're doing...keep at it. If any new features are optional then don't use them. If they are mandatory then give them a shot, and some time, and make a decision a few weeks down the line. Keep playing or stop playing.

BUT- the game is still the same game. Don't panic.

How are mods not mandatory? It's literally the number 1 most important thing in terms of performance, it's gear with speed.
  • Options
    How are mods not mandatory?

Firstly who said they weren't?

Secondly, they're not? Really?

And of course I was referring to the new system of mod management, rather than the use of mods themselves. Assumed that was pretty clear.

• Options
    Slicing could be cheaper in terms of resources, other than that it's a good update
  • Options
    I think what’s important is figuring how many sets (load outs) you need. 5 sets = 1 team.

Then figure out how many teams you need for -
    Arena , TW, Tb, raids , pilots.

Once you get those numbers down you ll be working on those “best” mods.

No one is upgrading ALL their mods.

And let’s see which mods do best. Tenacity sounds like it would be great but will it really work out that way?

All this time of figuring this stuff out, just keep stacking those mod pieces.

Having a main component in the guild store hurts- but it hurts for all. Deciding between gear and mod parts and some toons is rough. But it’s rough for all.

If anything it again puts higher gp guilds at a disadvantage - out of 50 ppl not everyone can get top 10. I see more ppl leaving higher guilds like this to get better rewards in raids for the guild currency.

To kind of pushback on my own comment above- most guilds should be- running 3 rancor , 2 haat, and 1.5-2 Sith raids a week. There’s variations within the guild for rewards not variation from other guilds.

Even recruiting wise it can work out for guilds that are close to finishing hsith. A high damage hitter that can pretty much lock up 1-3 every raid.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Even recruiting wise it can work out for guilds that are close to finishing hsith. A high damage hitter that can pretty much lock up 1-3 every raid.

Maybe... Whoever was lined up to be #10 in guild rewards now get's pushed out of rewards and quits...12 moves to 11 says meh gotta find new guild quits....

Before Everyone wanted to move up....Now those people who moved up will get better rewards if they move down.... It is stupid horribly stupid.. Raid created a guild system where no one stays in their guild..

(To Whom Replies: There are 1000's of guilds and a zillion players, just because your guild is like la cosa nostra tight does not mean the majority are...

What we need is some stability.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I’ve been playing since the beginning and I have always felt that mods are the worst part of this game. I despise them. So what happens? let’s make them more complex and in-depth, what no one wanted.
    I thought this update was suppose to make mods easier for people, not more complicated. Such a brilliant idea!
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Maybe... Whoever was lined up to be #10 in guild rewards now get's pushed out of rewards and quits...12 moves to 11 says meh gotta find new guild quits....

Before Everyone wanted to move up....Now those people who moved up will get better rewards if they move down.... It is **** horribly ****.. Raid created a guild system where no one stays in their guild..

(To Whom Replies: There are 1000's of guilds and a zillion players, just because your guild is like la cosa nostra tight does not mean the majority are...

What we need is some stability.

No.... What you need is to recruit better guild members that want to work as a team and are more focused on the guild as a whole than their own rewards.....

Like it or not, one day this game will come to an end..... I would rather look back on it fondly at that point and move on to the next with my guildies than be a ruthless **** finger one step ahead only for it to amount to nothing ..