Revan release as Hero's Journey possible?

Preparing for possible upcoming legs on a budget (f2p xD). Firstly if a leg is released for Solo it's almost surely not be a hero's journey. So a measly 5* distributed on Solo toons will be enough for the unlock.

What about the case on Old Republic toons, does it make sense if they release Revan as a Hero's Journey? (therefore unlocks at 7*). Or a new type of event makes sense?

Replies

• Options
    Binks.
  • Options
    To answer the question about whether a hero's journey to introduce reval makes sense. No. They don't release brand new characters via hero's journey, only new versions of existing characters. Now a if they ever do release him it will either be legendary, marquee, or a brand new type of event
  • Options
    c1ever_pun wrote: »
    To answer the question about whether a hero's journey to introduce reval makes sense. No. They don't release brand new characters via hero's journey, only new versions of existing characters. Now a if they ever do release him it will either be legendary, marquee, or a brand new type of event

Ok, with the exception of a new type of event more of us will be able to unlock Revan at 5* then.
  • Options
    There is a lot of theory-crafting going on about Revan possibly coming in February. But prior to that, Darth Malak will come out as a pre-cursor. Most likely you will also need Malak to unlock Revan in his hero's journey, which means that Malak will come out about January 25th. lol

It is very likely that the KOTOR toons will be necessary for his journey event, though CG has already given plenty of hints about farming Solo AND KOTOR toons in recent posts and discussions. So, farm them where you can. I'm mostly F2P now myself and I'm farming them as best as possible. I've gotten a couple solo toons to 5* (Young Han to 7* was fairly easy though so I did that one) and I'm working the others, but also working Bastila and Jolee with whatever is left.

I got CLS during the second iteration of his event, though I spent a bit too much to unlock him. (Getting R2 unlocked was obscenely difficult for me, but I did it with Veers, EP, Vader, Royal Guard, and Stormtrooper after spending some cash on building them up) I didn't get JTR until the third release for hers. (Darn vets were such a pain to 7*.)
  • Options
    I think they can release him as a Hero's journey toon. He could've been a legendary and have a Thrawn like event, but the old republic toons do not synergize with each other as a team. Bastilla and Joliee help jedi, mission and zalbaar aid soundrels and T3 shines in an all droid line up. Using them in a group for missions up to teir 7 wouldn't make sense to me because they don't synergize. The same way the vets don't help a resistance team at all. I feel like he'll get something like a Hero's journey, just because CG has never released a one of hero's journey doesn't mean they couldn't
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    There is a lot of theory-crafting going on about Revan possibly coming in February. But prior to that, Darth Malak will come out as a pre-cursor. Most likely you will also need Malak to unlock Revan in his hero's journey, which means that Malak will come out about January 25th. lol

It is very likely that the KOTOR toons will be necessary for his journey event, though CG has already given plenty of hints about farming Solo AND KOTOR toons in recent posts and discussions. So, farm them where you can. I'm mostly F2P now myself and I'm farming them as best as possible. I've gotten a couple solo toons to 5* (Young Han to 7* was fairly easy though so I did that one) and I'm working the others, but also working Bastila and Jolee with whatever is left.

I got CLS during the second iteration of his event, though I spent a bit too much to unlock him. (Getting R2 unlocked was obscenely difficult for me, but I did it with Veers, EP, Vader, Royal Guard, and Stormtrooper after spending some cash on building them up) I didn't get JTR until the third release for hers. (Darn vets were such a pain to 7*.)

If current OR yields Malak, will Revan Hero's Journey take currently unreleased toons?
  • Options
    c1ever_pun wrote: »

They could conceivably release Darth Revan as a Legendary and Revan as a Hero’s Journey easily enough. I would almost expect a late marquee release of a KOTOR character to initiate a panic farm (Malak maybe)
  • Options
    Malak as a legendary, Reven's a new type of legendary release. Similar to hero's journey, but not quite.
  • Options
    Malak - Marquee
    LS Revan - Legendary
    DS Revan - Hero's Journey
  • Options
    Both Hero's Journey events required a legendary as a piece. I'd expect something like that first and Revan afterwards. Which should give us a bit to farm stuff.
  • Options
    Not sure you could put five characters together for a hero’s journey... assuming kotor gives you Malek, who would it be for a Revan?
  • Cradossk
    118 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I think if Revan was to be a hero’s journey we would need to have Carth and Canderous and possibly Juhani as well
    Post edited by Cradossk on
  • Options
    Eliyahu wrote: »
    Malak - Marquee
    LS Revan - Legendary
    DS Revan - Hero's Journey

I think the DS revan would be the legendary, then the LS would be hero’s journey, from a story arc sense. But yeah, I agree that that would be the best way to do a revan’s hero’s journey, if they are gonna do that.
    Legendary requiring Sith to “convert” Revan to the DS would make the most sense, but I don’t see that as happening as most already have their sith starred up.
  • Options
    I think that the best way would be to do Hero's Journey for Revan and at the end of it players would have a choice to make him DS or LS, Sith or Jedi but not both. It would make this game little bit more interesting and diverse.
  • Options
    If Revan's event were a Hero's journey, they would need to retag a current toon as Revan. Additionally, the Hero's Journeys have thus far followed a pattern of requiring a legendary toon as part of the event.

Viable options for re-tagging are Jedi Consular, and Sith Marauder, but neither of them seems very likely.

The likelihood of Revan being a legendary is also small considering that (excluding Yoda, which was the first legendary event in the game) legendary events follow a pattern of the opposing squad being needed to win a toon.

Revan is such a unique character that he may get an entirely new event type. That being the more likely case, I am making sure that I at least have all toons from that era at 7* to avoid surprises.

In addition to the Old Republic tagged toons, these are: Visas, HK-47, the Triumvirate, Sith Marauder/Assassin/Trooper, and (just to be 100% safe) Jedi Consular
  • Options
    Why everyone cares about Revan ? Noone even know who he is . He was in 0 movies and 0 TV shows i have seen. Probably he was in some old video games that s all
  • Options
    Why everyone cares about Revan ? Noone even know who he is . He was in 0 movies and 0 TV shows i have seen. Probably he was in some old video games that s all

Maybe because we are from a generation that grew playing that video game, or maybe because he was characterised far better than most of the legacy SW folks.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »

Maybe because we are from a generation that grew playing that video game, or maybe because he was characterised far better than most of the legacy SW folks.

Thx No_Try. You nailed it. Revan is a part from the old republic so he is well known by the "older" generation. We grew up with this stories.
  • Options

He is the main character in what many tenured Star Wars fans consider the best Star Wars video game of all time.

Similar to how Thrawn (before he was officially canonized in Rebels), was considered by many to be the best character in the Expanded Universe.
  • Options

He is the main character in what many tenured Star Wars fans consider the best Star Wars video game of all time.

Similar to how Thrawn (before he was officially canonized in Rebels), was considered by many to be the best character in the Expanded Universe.

+1. This. Exactly this. A million times this.

Also, hence your avatar @GOWLIKEABOSS I presume, eh? Lol :smiley: Cool avatar btw. :sunglasses:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options

Because he had such an interesting backstory, and many Star Wars fans have sought refuge in the EU and the Video games to get their Star Wars fix because many people simply did not like the new movies. Both KOTOR games were incredible, and are a treasured possession of many Star Wars fans. Revan was, and is, fascinating. He is a character you can identify with (unlike Rey), and, to be honest, he and Meetra Surik (AKA the Jedi Exile) are probably two of my favorite three characters in all of Star Wars. If I had been a jedi, I would have followed Revan into battle after he defied the Jedi Order to fight the Mandalorians, and I bet that many other Star Wars fans would have too.
  • RekiemD
    133 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

You probably are 13 years old, but this can't be tolerated *force chokes*

Edit: Follow this, btw http://www.apeirongame.com/