Revan *SHOULD HAVE BEEN* for Christmas

Lenders79
21 posts Member
edited October 2018
The image in the Road Ahead post is shaped like a Christmas tree. I think this is a clue as to when we can expect Revan.
Thoughts?

**Note this original post went up before CG announced that the Revan event would begin 10/18. Personally I think CG missed a big opportunity here to balance monetizing Revan while still allowing a good chunk of the player base to get him the first time around.
Post edited by Lenders79 on

Replies

• Options
    Lenders79 wrote: »
    The image in the Road Ahead post is shaped like a Christmas tree. I think this is a clue as to when we can expect Revan.
    Thoughts?

The hints have been sticking to a standard cycle. These things follow a set process so people can have a regular work schedule. I imagine they are rolling all this stuff out in 2 week sprints.
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Thoughts?

The hints have been sticking to a standard cycle. These things follow a set process so people can have a regular work schedule. I imagine they are rolling all this stuff out in 2 week sprints.

That is true, but this hint was a Road Ahead update. Those usually let us know what to expect over the next 3 months so it could be anytime this quarter
  • Options
    True... I totally get that this would deviate from the standard cycle that they've established for a new toon release. I'm thinking this is going to be a hero's journey. I'm also thinking this is going to need all 5 OR toons which just recently became farmable. At the risk of not royally upsetting a big chunk of the community, giving us a bit of time to panic farm the 5 OR toons seems reasonable.
  • Options
    Thoughts?

Lenders, I hadn’t thought about that, but considering the road ahead a are usually focused on the next three months, I was expecting December anyway. I’ll bet you’re right about the Christmas time period.
  • Variant_Shades
    54 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Can't see them waiting until December. Mostly because, there would be much less panic farming, therefore less profit. Panic farming has always been a fact of life in Swgoh - It's when CG usually makes the most profit per quarter. Has CG ever done a video reveal of an event and not have it released within at least 2 month time period? I don't think so. I could see them waiting until November, but not much longer than that.
  • Options
    Pretty sure that December is Life Day Lumparawoo
  • crzydroid
    7313 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm going to put a Sith holocron in my living room this Christmas.
  • Options
    I agree. I expect it for Christmas. I doubt this will affect anyone’s panic farming as there are already tons of people panic farming OR at the mere mention of Revan. If they hold out till December that gives more people time to get in panic farm range who currently aren’t that close.
  • Options
    I’ve already been farming them, multiple refreshes etc. I hope December is right cuz then my efforts will not have been in vain.
  • Options
    I think many people put 2 and 2 together for Revan and CG knows this. If in fact Revan is for Christmas, then I think CG has struck the perfect balance between making enough money off of a panic farm (shards and gear) and not completely **** off the community with Revan only being available for whales with deep pockets.

Assuming that Revan is a Hero's Journey needing 5 7* OR toons... If Revan follows the cadence of announcement and then two weeks-ish until event, there will be A LOT of unhappy folks.
  • Options
    Im guessing oct 19/20 till maybe mid nov would be my guess on revans release
  • Options
    Well... so much for that idea!! Jedi Knight Revan event with all OR toons to begin Oct 18.
  • Options
    Jokes on them.. since there is no snowballs chance in Hell I can get there w/o dropping my mortgage payment on crystals, I will spend less instead. No need to node refresh. No need to even think about buying a pack. No reason for those extra energy refreshes. This release date made it easy. I will wait and not even think about getting it first time and spending even a dime trying to. Rotten move - even with planning this was nigh impossible for a ftp to reasonably get in time. Whales already sporting 7* of KOTOR - the rest of us, /shrug.
  • Options
    Mixelplux wrote: »
    Jokes on them.. since there is no snowballs chance in Hell I can get there w/o dropping my mortgage payment on crystals, I will spend less instead. No need to node refresh. No need to even think about buying a pack. No reason for those extra energy refreshes. This release date made it easy. I will wait and not even think about getting it first time and spending even a dime trying to. Rotten move - even with planning this was nigh impossible for a ftp to reasonably get in time. Whales already sporting 7* of KOTOR - the rest of us, /shrug.

Exactly... they went from getting some money from me, to now me not caring at all and them getting $0 as I will just slow farm them for next go around.
  • Options

Yep that’s about right. I’ll jist casually farm now. No need to panic farm because it’s impossible.
  • Options

Yep that’s about right. I’ll jist casually farm now. No need to panic farm because it’s impossible.

Agreed. I was going for 7* in December - and likely 5* if the event came sooner. But I don't have Mission or Zaalbar anywhere where I could get them close - even with packs.

Really must have been to give the whales an exclusive toon. No other good reason.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • shurock
    49 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I have to agree
  • Options
    Can't see them waiting until December. Mostly because, there would be much less panic farming, therefore less profit. Panic farming has always been a fact of life in Swgoh - It's when CG usually makes the most profit per quarter. Has CG ever done a video reveal of an event and not have it released within at least 2 month time period? I don't think so. I could see them waiting until November, but not much longer than that.

I did call it. There was no way they were going to wait until December. So just get him the second time around. Who knows they'll likely bring back the event sooner then expected.
  • Options

I'm in the exact same boat. I think they definitely could have "optimized their monitization strategy" while still making it fun and exciting for more of the player base to still get Revan on the first time around. Missed opportunity IMO and it only serves to provoke a player base that is fragile in its positive sentiment (and that's being optimistic) toward CG.
  • Lenders79
    21 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Yep that’s about right. I’ll just casually farm now. No need to panic farm because it’s impossible.

Same!
  • Options

I did call it. There was no way they were going to wait until December. So just get him the second time around. Who knows they'll likely bring back the event sooner then expected.

Yep, you were right. I had (misguided it seems) faith that CG would make the right decision.
  • Options
    I'll jump on the bandwagon and say I'm feeling the same. If they gave me a month, I might have bought a pack or two, but next week, there's no way and I'll just wait until next time and not spend anything.
    maximum effort

Angels Reborn
  • Options
    I was planning the same to focus on getting everyone 50/100 with the option to finish by buying packs. Sadly this won’t help so this customer won’t need to buy. Getting tired of this really. A 25+ solid straight releases of marquee toons and then this. The fun has been utterly taken from this game.
  • Options

I completely agree
  • LaddDeWinter
    103 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    This event is a textbook example of how to turn hype into hatred. I'm expecting the community to complain more and more as the event gets closer and throughout its run. There was so much hype, so much excitement for Revan. Everyone wants him. Instead of going the route of doing their community a solid, they went the route of trying to wring the most money out of this event. The way this event is set up, they've made Revan (extremely) P2P, even if you've played since the beginning. This will disenfranchise a lot of players, I'm sure.
  • VoodooKing
    101 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hahaha!!!! It's ok I'll wait for the next round while I farm the required toons slowly.

The pattern is so classic CG. Announce a new character, hype it up, announce new event within a week. Throw up packs in the store that you can buy only once. Wait for cash to roll in. Cha ching!!!!
  • Options
    I know the devs have families to feed and all that... but sheesh... I can't tell the lot of you what I think about you without getting banned and I like being able to communicate my good feelings when they occur, but this is a very, very, VERY negative feeling. Probably the worst I've felt regarding this game. To say I'm disappointed would be a vast understatement. I'll get him the second time around, but that just means I can freely farm everyone to 7* and you and your packs can go to developer hades where there's no debug tools.
  • Options
    FYI I’ve decided that from now until the end of the year I’m free to play. This minnow has contributed more than enough to your bottom line. I understand the need to continue to provide new content vs generating revenue and think you’ve tipped the balance to a point where your greed becomes you. I know it’s just a couple hundred buck a month...no big deal right? Well not until thousands of us minnows start doing the same.