F

BBQ
6 posts Member
edited January 2019
Hi
Post edited by BBQ on

Replies

• Options
    Couple ideas at a glance. Try thrawn in for ezra. Gear and star up what you have (all worth it anyway), and maybe try hard to get chewie next time. If possible just avoid traya, if there are enough mirror matches and palp squads to leap frog up your shard. Palp leads should be your bread and butter.
  • Options
    And make sure to farm the Revan requirwments for next time, its not too bad of a farm at all.
  • Options
    And make sure to farm the Revan requirwments for next time, its not too bad of a farm at all.

WUT. the revan needed chars are far worse than the vets!

to OP, gear up.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

to OP, gear up.

Worse than vets? As in worse to farm or worse toons?
  • Options
    As crazy as it sounds, go scoundrels.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

to OP, gear up.

worse farms, at least some of the OR are good, as opposed to the garbage vets
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

to OP, gear up.

The two OR cantina toons are farmed on 'cheaper' energy cost nodes than the vets. Even though we started off with 15 more shards for each vet after marquees compared to shards for those two OR toons, I don't see how those two OR toons are worse to farm.
  • Options
    Thrawn led Imperial Troopers can handle Traya, Bastila and NS
    Not sure they can beat Revan...
    Look up “Machine Gun Thrawn” on youtube vs Traya

You have Thrawn and decently leveled Troopers...
  • Options
    Congrats on top 10 but big difference between holding 1. there r probably at least 20 others desperately fighting for top 10 scraps cause they know they can’t go higher let me know when ur fighting for top rewards
  • Options

to OP, gear up.

Not to derail, but the vets really aren't as bad as they're made out to be. They're not Traya-tier, sure, but they can find a home on a TW squad or something easily. I think the "vets are bad" chatter is mostly because people gear them up exactly enough to get Jedi Rey, then immediately shelve them. If they're geared up and modded they can do well just like anybody else.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    2smooth wrote: »
    Congrats on top 10 but big difference between holding 1. there r probably at least 20 others desperately fighting for top 10 scraps cause they know they can’t go higher let me know when ur fighting for top rewards
    Did you even bother to read the OP's post?
  • Options

to OP, gear up.

How would they be a worse farm than vets?
    Both vets are 16 energy node, while these are 16 and 12.
  • Options
    There are 2 Vets. There are 5 OR.
  • Options
    BBQ wrote: »
    Hi. I am a fully F2P player who even used to hold top 10 in my arena. But boy have things changed fast.
    I for the most part run a jedi team with with Bastilla, Ezra, GMY, Hoda, and GK and this line-up worked really well for a while. The team is not even fully G12 but still managed to hold its own against those fully geared Traya Squads. But now with Revan and Chewbacca released my team sipmply dose'nt cut it anymore, i dropped down to 250 and dont know where to start in terms of making a team that can compete with all of these teams.

Im don't have Traya and Revan and it feels like i dont stand a chance in the topp 100 without those

Any advice on what to do from now would be great!
    https://swgoh.gg/p/998346698/characters/
    Here's my collection. Just need any kind of idea where to start.

Sorry if my english is bad :)

You could either keep working on bastilla jedi or go ep led sith. Those seem to be your best options at the moment.

To make them work, you'll likely need to max them out. And from there transition eventually to either revan or traya accordingly.

I have seen bastilla teams hold in the top 50 of my shard and I run ep maxed out with no traya. I can still easily stay in the top 30 or so at payout. But that is with a maxed out team and good mods. I can beat revan with ep if my thrawn can go first so depends on mods. And I can beat traya lead teams but that also depends on mods.

But unfortunately without revan or traya, that's the boat we're in.

Also if you go sith you probably want to gear dark bastilla she seems to be a good fit in a palp or traya team and will likely be needed for darth revan or darth malak

Currently my plan is to hang on as best I can with ep. Gear and star (once farmable) dark bastilla as quickly as possible and hoard crystals for the next legendary event. Then, get the next one the first time and have a meta team.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I havent looked at your squads but sounds like you have gotten some good advice so far.

My only suggestion is dont chase the meta - chase the next most recent meta team you have then max it.

I did top 100 for about the last year using the 2nd to last meta team. CLS first, then EP/Sion (at 3 stars), then JTR (she was 2 metas old by then), and now Scoundrels. Scoundrels are absolutely not meta, but I liked them and maxed them and luckily OG Chewie came along and fit in so they are good enough.

The only exception I would make to the above is if the new meta is based on a tank. You can use a tank at 3-4 stars in an otherwise maxed team. Attackers and support dont work at low star, but a tank will. I guess Nihilus and Sion I started using them both on my EP team at 4* and they kept me in top 100.

Also, MODS MODS MODS. Farm/buy them. Good mods can make up for a old meta team. Speed is much harder to find now, but upgrade those you get with speed and you will get lucky eventually to have a full good team's worth. I dont have any +130 speed sets, but I have 2 +120 sets and 15ish +100 speed sets. I'm lazy and dont like to move them so have 3 pretty strong speed teams. Really they are still probably the most important part of the arena.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »

this. sorry didn't mean to derail lol
  • Options

You realize jtr not only needs the 2 vets, but 5 characters, right?
  • Options

Technically she needs 9 characters. 5 fo and then ret, finn, and two vets.
  • Options

All of the others are used for something else, and are parts of iable teams. The vets are not (although they are good scoundrels). They get a bad rap because they are used by most people for one thing then never used again.
  • Options

All of the others are used for something else, and are parts of iable teams. The vets are not (although they are good scoundrels). They get a bad rap because they are used by most people for one thing then never used again.

Tell me where finn is used. Could argue Poe too.

Bastilla and Jolee, on the other hand, are part of the absolute top meta team at the moment.

Just give up. Revans farm is much better than some of the current chars in game, yet he's arguably better.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

Bastilla and Jolee, on the other hand, are part of the absolute top meta team at the moment.

Just give up. Revans farm is much better than some of the current chars in game, yet he's arguably better.

When JTR came out alot of players had already farmed finn, rey and bb8 and only needed to farm the vets. They were used for the speed mod challenges and have been a very solid team ever since finn got his zeta. Scav rey was meta on her own for quite some time aswell. bb8 has it's own legendary event and is obviously worth getting, so players didn't need to farm FO to get JTR either.
    But yes, if you start playing today, revan is easier to get than JTR. For people who've been playing for a while chances are revan is more difficult to get. The difference between 2x16 energy cantina nodes instead of 1x12 energy and 1x16 energy doesn't make up for having to farm 3 additional hardnode characters.
    Jolee and bastila can't be compared with finn, bb8 and rey currently. 11 months from now, that much time has passed since JTR was released, Jolee and bastila are probably no where near as usefull anymore as they are now, just like bb8, rey and finn aren't that usefull anymore. I still use my FO and JTR teams every TW though, so all in all it was very much worth it, hopefully i get as much use out of revan and the toons required to get him.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    aah, sorry. I just noticed i went full off topic there. my bad
    I agree with what Ccyrils, darkhelmet and vonzant said on the topic this thread is actually about.
  • Options
    I am on the same boat as the OP and I believe the problem is not so much finding a solution on offense, but actually having a team that is able to hold on D a little better.

This week, I got my payout at 38 and, next day, I was sitting at freaking 280. I run CLS, Han, Chewie, R2 and Thrawn/GK. That's insane!

I can beat pretty much anything on offense, that is not the issue, but holding on D on a Traya/Revan-infested shard is. When I fall this hard, I see full g12 Revan squads around 200ish.

I would go back to Bastila lead (I don't have Traya or Revan), but I moved to CLS because I was falling from top 50 to 200ish with Bastie.

I was thinking of setting Bastila lead, GMY, both Kenobis and Jolee on defense and see how it would hold. It could also work for the OP. Opinions?
  • Options
    ocfpliz6ye6u.png

Never spent a dime. April 2017 shard.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

not all at once. only bast was available before the revan news dropped (iirc). plus you needed bb8 event too, not sure if it ran soon right before rey so...? The point is 5, or even 4, to be fair/reasonable (-bast), is harder than 2. It's just like vets (cantina, with expensive 100 refresh), plus 2 normal energy toons (both LS, and in ships, which helps, but still), and that's only if you already farmed bast. I mean...

//derail, hopefully
  • Options

Finn and Poe are still part of an Auto team in in TB and a great O team in TW. I run both Resistance teams and Finn lead is still just as good as it was. Just not great in the newest raid. That it. They work great at everything else. The vets are used literally no where else except for stange people like me that insist on using all their characters for quirky teams.

The point of the thread is what teams can you build a F2 P team. The Vets are fine.
  • Options
    I run CLS, Thrawn, Old Ben, Chewie and Han for top 50. Top 20 when I have time but no time for now to play during my payout since the last time change.