Arena Cartels

GrupenVaexqua
43 posts Member
edited November 2018
Something needs to be done about the arena cartels that take it upon themselves to decide who deserves to get a payout. I have been sniped right before payout for days upon days. Contemplating uninstalling the game as is not fun getting screwed everyday.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• TVF
    36616 posts Member
    Options
    You're probably screwing up their payouts. Try to contact them.

Nothing is going to be done about it, so might as well join 'em if you can't beat 'em.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Change your payout time when the update comes, or join them lol
  • Options
    The irony of these posts are always lost on the poster.

You are complaining that your are not getting the payout you feel entitled to because other players are organizing together in order to get the payouts they feel they are entitled to.

Beat em, join em, or change your payout when possible.

Stop complaining, no one is going to help you.
  • Options
    I totally agree... but is not in interest of dev to resolve it
  • Options
    Thats why i avoid the arena , forfeit my required 2 battles daily and just go about my day.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Something needs to be done about the arena cartels that take it upon themselves to decide who deserves to get a payout. I have been sniped right before payout for days upon days. It's **** get old. Contemplating uninstalling the game as is not fun getting screwed everyday.
    Sniping always existed before and after shard chats

You are sharing your payout time slot with several people and sniping is the best way to get the highest spot possible before payout time

This is by design
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Something needs to be done about the arena cartels that take it upon themselves to decide who deserves to get a payout. I have been sniped right before payout for days upon days. It's **** get old. Contemplating uninstalling the game as is not fun getting screwed everyday.

You are sharing your payout time slot with several people and sniping is the best way to get the highest spot possible before payout time

This is by design

Sniping is fine, that's the game, the issue is when someone hits me and I drop, then (because of the shard chat communication) someone with a payout 15 hours from now hits me, even if they can't beat me, just to hold me in position so I can't hit back. Shard chats are not inside the spirit of the game, and for others to say the devs can't do anything about it, aren't being creative. They could shuffle the shards with adjacent shards once a month, or even once every 6 months. They could remove the names of the people in the top 50, and just show their rosters. They could........ okay that's all I've got, but for thinking about it for 30 seconds, I think that's pretty good.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

This is by design

Sniping is fine, that's the game, the issue is when someone hits me and I drop, then (because of the shard chat communication) someone with a payout 15 hours from now hits me, even if they can't beat me, just to hold me in position so I can't hit back.

How is that a problem? It's an arena. Everybody can fight anybody at any time. You choose your battles — they choose theirs. That's the game.

Shard chats are no different than if two members of the same guild communicate through guild chat to coordinate their attacks. Guild chat or 3rd party application — it's all the same.

• Options
    Yep, you either have to try and work with them or your out. If you don’t want to work with them, then take pleasure with being in the top 50 and sniping at your pleasure.
  • Options

This is by design

Sniping is fine, that's the game, the issue is when someone hits me and I drop, then (because of the shard chat communication) someone with a payout 15 hours from now hits me, even if they can't beat me, just to hold me in position so I can't hit back. Shard chats are not inside the spirit of the game, and for others to say the devs can't do anything about it, aren't being creative. They could shuffle the shards with adjacent shards once a month, or even once every 6 months. They could remove the names of the people in the top 50, and just show their rosters. They could........ okay that's all I've got, but for thinking about it for 30 seconds, I think that's pretty good.

This is exactly what I am talking about.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

This is by design

Sniping is fine, that's the game, the issue is when someone hits me and I drop, then (because of the shard chat communication) someone with a payout 15 hours from now hits me, even if they can't beat me, just to hold me in position so I can't hit back.

How is that a problem? It's an arena. Everybody can fight anybody at any time. You choose your battles — they choose theirs. That's the game.

Shard chats are no different than if two members of the same guild communicate through guild chat to coordinate their attacks. Guild chat or 3rd party application — it's all the same.
    This. My guild has 7 members in the same shard with different payout times. Shard chats are there just so you don’t waste battles during your climb fighting others who don’t share the same payout. You still need the best team to climb and hold in arena. You need to move faster than the other can hold you. If you aren’t willing to refresh than you shouldn’t be aiming for the top.
  • Options
    Actually, I'd argue that it's not "all the same" if one is using a 3rd party application: using a tool from outside the game to conspire to affect outcomes within the game seems at least uncomfortably close enough to the definition of cheating to give pause. This is clearly a divisive issue, which will likely never be decided upon, but let's not all just act like it's completely obvious either way. If you want to say there's nothing wrong with Shard Chats, you're free to argue that--but it seems like there's definitely room for people to feel at least the impression of unfairness. "Stop complaining, no one is going to help you"? Is that a quote from Yoda?
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

This is by design

This. My guild has 7 members in the same shard with different payout times. Shard chats are there just so you don’t waste battles during your climb fighting others who don’t share the same payout. You still need the best team to climb and hold in arena. You need to move faster than the other can hold you. If you aren’t willing to refresh than you shouldn’t be aiming for the top.

Clearly shardchats are not just so you don't waste battles during your climb fighting others who don't share the same payout. If that were the case the OP probably wouldn't even have made this very post.
    Im not against shardchats, but what you're saying is just plain false. Maybe your shardchat is like that, but definately not all shardchats are like that.
    So instead of saying all shard chats are good, or all are bad, why not just talk about how players choose to utilize their shard chat?
    i'm happy with my shard chat and the not messing with eachother needlessly, but i wouldn't be happy if i was locked by a guy who doesn't have pay-out for another 15h just to make sure his buddy who has the same pay-out as i do is safe in #1.