2nd zeta on Threepio

I put the zeta on c3p0's special ability already, but I'm debating whether I should put one on his unique as well. Is "Wait for Me!" a good zeta? or can I pass it up for now? How does he perform in arena/raids with and without this zeta?

Replies

• Options
    Is that the "C3 and R2 start with Translation" one? I don't have him yet, but on paper that seems like a "nice to have-" helpful of course but not a make-or-break kind of deal.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I asked the same thing @Kookermader and @BrakirKY posted the below well thought out post:

If you're running a resistance or hybrid resistance/rebel team with him, then his unique is most definitely worth it. Even if you don't run R2, it will still benefit C3P0 by getting him to the 3 stack CD reduction bonus.
    Example:
    R2 starts with 1 stack of translation ( SoT )
    1st turn he uses smoke screen and gains +1 SoT, giving him +15% CC
    2nd turn he uses his burning AoE, which is special damage based. Since r2 has a fairly low base special CC under JTR of 55% ( around 25% at g12, with 30% from JTR lead if using it), that extra 15% could mean a couple extra exposes to generate more TM for your squad.
    At the 3rd stack, CD reduction will happen whenever c3p0 uses his basic, allowing more stealth and burn more often. It doesn't seem like much, but it will get your team rolling faster, which is always a plus.
    For TB, the stacks of translation reset every wave, so it will help there also if you use him.
  • Options
    Thank you @Gwonk for the assist and also @BrakirKY for the original post. It sounds like c3p0 could add a lot to a resistance STR team with this zeta.
  • Options
    And to piggyback off this post

With that zeta do r2 gain the 30%hp 1st then give it to the rest of the team with his zeta number crunch?
  • Options
    And to piggyback off this post

With that zeta do r2 gain the 30%hp 1st then give it to the rest of the team with his zeta number crunch?

If you're talking about once R2 has 3 stacks of translation, no. Number crunch applies at the start of the battle and goes away when R2 dies. If you then revive him it will re-apply Number crunch based on how many ally bonuses are active when he is revived.

For example:

You're running a team of HK, R2, Jyn, BB8, and C3PO. R2 gets 10% more protection for each droid ally (+40%), 10% more offense for each GR ally (+20%), 10% more potency for each Resistance ally (+30% potency), and 10% More max health for each rebel ally (+30%). After that he then spreads 10% of his stats to the team. Now lets say HK dies, and then BB8 dies, and then R2 dies. Jyn goes and uses her AOE special that revives a rebel ally. R2 comes back. Except now when number crunch kicks in again he has fewer allies. So he only gets +20% more protection, +20% offense, +20 potency and +30% potency.

If you're talking about what the order of operations is with R2 and C-3PO starting with translation at the beginning of the encounter, then I'm not entirely sure, but I would assume buffs get added in after the stat boosts from Number crunch are spread. Buffs seem to generally be added last in these situations.