Fairness of end game against test accounts.

I wanted to bring up a problem that has been bugging me and the rest of my guild and which I'm sure affects a lot of other end game players in SWGoH.

To explain, we're a highly competitive guild that loves PvP ( TWs, arenas, GAs ) and at least in the territory wars we occasionally go against guilds that "have access" to test accounts via the game changers which leads to a HUGE disadvantage for our guild in terms of strategy for the following reasons:
1. what actually works and what not can ONLY be determined if you actually play a certain team ( synergies for example ).
2. the only way to test the hit order for a team and if it's actually going as you planned it to is to test it in arena, but then you would need the help of a shard mate willing to spend crystals for your obsession with perfection ( at least my case )
3. now imagine that you have your hit order correct but the stats your characters get from the mods are all over the place, that's another 3-4-5-10 hits in arena to set it right ( example Chewbacca's guard buff, or R2D2's stealth ability that the AI puts on your healthiest character and so on )
4. the limitations of the "testing" capabilities of your average player are horrendous as in you've absolutely no way of testing stuff out in terms of faction vs faction ( bounty hunters against first order for example ) since there's no end game player out there willing to risk being "bumped" in the 50's of his squad arena just for the sake of testing...

Although most of the people raise a huge question mark about the above statements and argue with the fact that the game changers release video content, that's nowhere near what people would do if they actually had access to a "test account".

To get back to the title of this, there are some guilds that are able to do all of the above and not go in blindly in every single game mode. How is that fair?!

Possible solution : give at least guild officers a test environment ( only with characters that they already have ). Something like a guild arena or a way to actually test stuff out without having to spend huge amounts of money on crystals when others get it 100% free of charge!

Replies

• Options
    100% agree, i’d say not just officers, let’s have a guild arena where we can just fight each other, no rewards needed

this would give officers a few things:

-ideas (like the game changers get)

-fun ways to give out 1-3 ranks in raids (imagine that only 3 people have to attack pit and tank and everyone else can have 1 less thing to have to auto)

-inter-guild bragging rights
  • Options
    I don’t think lack of test accounts is a huge problem, but I do think the fact that we’re 3 years deep into a game where nuance is an attribute and yet we still lack a “sandbox” mode or “friendly fight” mode is pretty ridiculous.
    I’d gladly spend 20 energy a battle to be able to challenge guildmates and record how their defenses react.
  • Options
    I agree with this as well, having an inter-guild arena or something similar would somewhat give balance(of course not as much as having a full test account with unlimited resources) and let guild members duke it out amongst each other for the sake of testing different makeups themselves to see if certain synergies work instead of hoping a “game changer” makes one for the team your wanting to try. 90% of their videos are only the go-to teams everyone goes for so would be nice to be able to mess around and use our own rosters to face other people in guilds teams they set or you ask them to set for the sake of getting better. I know this is probably outside of CG gameplay for making $$ and that is their #1 goal, so maybe add some type of currency grind into it so it’s not a completely free service meaning you get certain amount of fights free similar to arena but need to pay ally coins for each extra fight after that, or get even more creative and integrate crystal refreshes if you had some type of better idea which I’m sure someone does... obviously this couldn’t have any rewards since it would be exploited quite easily. But someone out there has probably thought of something similar to this at some point that makes more sense to give guilds that don’t have “game changer” on their side to share all their info with directly more of an edge to be able to practice/test with their own rosters. Also makes your whale customers feel more gratified to be able to help others with their giant rosters. Just spitballing here, but @llldmelll has got something worth talking about at the least to see what others in the community think and maybe have brought to CG attention. Since ya know they value their player/customer base opinion and all 😂 . Don’t forget the $$ value it has to have tho, otherwise it wouldn’t get a chance of a twinkle in their eyes. Sorry for the rant. This needs discussion.
  • Options
    I think all game changers should have test environment removed for anything that’s PVP. Another option is Game changers could start a YouTube business and have marquees as a business expense. No test environment. I agree completely with the OP certain guilds do seem to have an advantage from Game changers.
  • Options
    Agree, but why only officers? Is it because OP is an officer and other players do not matter?

Sandbox or guild arena would be awesome.
  • Options
    Ahmadoo wrote: »
    Agree, but why only officers? Is it because OP is an officer and other players do not matter?

Sandbox or guild arena would be awesome.

Yep, EXACTLY! :smiley:

My phrasing was "at least". The best option would obviously be something guild-wide.

• Options
    The game changes program is still on lockdown. Probably for good. So this is all null and void.
  • Options
    The game changes program is still on lockdown. Probably for good. So this is all null and void.

It is not
  • Options

nope. not anymore.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    so people are worried that testers will use their test accounts to figure out the best teams, then level and gear those teams on their own accounts, and tell their guildmates, but not make any videos about it, just make other non-ideal videos, all to game the system, and with no one noticing? hmm

that being said, I would love a sandbox (for officers only!...lol j/k)
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    so people are worried that testers will use their test accounts to figure out the best teams, then level and gear those teams on their own accounts, and tell their guildmates, but not make any videos about it, just make other non-ideal videos, all to game the system, and with no one noticing? hmm

that being said, I would love a sandbox (for officers only!...lol j/k)

At some point last year we fought a guild that had a game changer and did exactly that.
  • Options
    Simply add a way to buy a test account... or sandbox mode. Makes money for the developers and only the really serious will actually put money into something like that anyway.
  • Options
    Voltarc wrote: »
    Simply add a way to buy a test account... or sandbox mode. Makes money for the developers and only the really serious will actually put money into something like that anyway.

That's actually a very good idea.
  • Options
    wish we would actually get an official answer on this.
  • Options
    we still have no official answer on this. I wonder if the staff is reading the forums at all..