Sabine Farm

As a f2p player is sabine really worth the farm as I'm finding her quite difficult, should I just leave her from my phoenix squad and farm somebody else in hard or continue to farm sabine

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    As a f2p player is sabine really worth the farm as I'm finding her quite difficult, should I just leave her from my phoenix squad and farm somebody else in hard or continue to farm sabine

I have her as the 6th choice member of phoenix squad so I focus on the others. If you are a newer player if would still farm her and I've two main reasons why.

That said if you have a tough galaxy war and lose a member of phoenix squad a low star Sabine will still synergies with the rest of the group. This is good if you are a newish player and you don't have multiple squads.

If when you hit level 60 phoenix squad are your highest star characters you will want to use the two phoenix squad ships for a while. From what I understand they aren't great ships but having 5 seven stars and a 4 star crew members between the two ships makes them viable for a while.

If you are a level 85 with other things to focus on just farming phoenix for thrawn then ignore Sabine she has no point for you.
  • Options
    I like Sabine more than chopper. I 7*d her purely from hard node farms, no guild shipments. It took about the same time as Nihilus, respectively farming both of them every day since their release.

I always prioritize toons that are exclusive to one area for the concept of being a conpletionist. Ex, Jyn or Jawa Engineer from guild shipments. Chirrut from fleets. Single hard nodes include Sabine, nihilus, and hoth soldier.

Chopper is only the 5th team member in Thrawn event, my opinion. Sabine for everything else.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    I've heard a zeta'd Sabine is a killing machine
  • Options
    Some prefer Chopper, some prefer Sabine.

I prefer Sabine.

Chopper ups defence/trickery and so lengthens the battles out.

Sabine hits hard and so shortens them.

I'm lazy. Don't have time to hang about. So I let the Ezra/Sabine combo lay down the damage.

(Plus - I gotta be honest...the thought of Chopper going into battle and er...flinging pebbles at people...people like Nihilus...Boba...Dooku...just seems totally silly to me.)
  • Options
    IronRanger wrote: »
    I've heard a zeta'd Sabine is a killing machine

Any Phoenix squad had been an automatic win for me for awhile, until this guy zeta'd sabine all of a sudden. She is brutal at g12. And kanan's zeta keeps everyone alive. So for arena, yes you want to slog it out for Sabine. If you only care about getting thrawn, skip her, cause chopper is almost necessary for that challenge.
  • Options
    Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    If you only care about getting thrawn, skip her, cause chopper is almost necessary for that challenge.

Plenty of good evidence to the contrary.

• Options
    I love Sabine, but yeah it's a hard farm since they removed her from guild shop. I think ultimately you want all six, but Sabine is not required to have a good phoenix team. So it's reasonable to prioritize other hard node farms.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I left her behind at 5* the second they pulled her from the guild store and shifted to Chopper instead.

Given my panic farming of the Vets, I have enough cantina currency to 7* him a few times over anyway lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    ...Sabine is not required to have a good phoenix team.

Odd comment. Neither is Chopper.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    ...Sabine is not required to have a good phoenix team.

Odd comment. Neither is Chopper.

Sabine though is the hardest farm. If all you want phoenix for is Thrawn then you can do it without Sabine which as Sabine is the hardest to farm is all some people want to know.
  • Options
    I have Sabin at 5* and currently still farming her. I like her as a character and since she is also a rebel she can fit in with a Wedge - Biggs team.
  • Options
    Im my opinon, as a F 2 Play player, Sabine is worth the Farm, and in fact a level 60 i still dont have Ezra, and I've been holding out quite well. The only thing i see that is a problem jn general is that a Tarken can destory a phenox squad.She was my first Phonex character, and is a really good attacker.
    "Ezra plus Sabine equals a one shot." -A Really Smart Guy
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Their ships are two of the best in the game. Phantom is probably the best reinforce in the game, and Sabine is one of the pilots. Ghost is great in opening lineup as she can call an assist and stealth and inflict speed down.

Eventually you want them all.

Do the others first and finish Sabine during filler times. But eventually you want them all.
  • Options
    Year old necro but yeah farm Sabine.
  • Options
    I would farm her. You need her for the Phantom II and having 6 Phoenix allows you to run a full Phoenix team and run Ezra with jedi or Chopper with droids.
  • Options
    Chopper is more versatile.across teams and is important for an arena G12 team to be a pain in the butt for.people to beat. Not unbeatable, just take 3 minutes
  • Options
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    I would farm her. You need her for the Phantom II and having 6 Phoenix allows you to run a full Phoenix team and run Ezra with jedi or Chopper with droids.

This is a good reason to farm her!
  • Options
    Unpopular opinion, but I think she is super worth it. She can cut defense every other turn. And with a Zeta she is a wrecking ball. Personally, for Thrawn, I used both Sabine and Chopper. I left out Ezra and it was an easy win for me. For a Phoenix team that doesn't have a lot of damage, her cutting defense while everyone else is healing up from Zeb and Chopper, then their hits actually do damage. Sadly that only works on drawn out battles. But it's a viable strat. Especially if you want to use your Ezra somewhere else.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Thread title made me imagine a farm where Sabines are grown on trees.
  • Options
    Unpopular opinion, but I think she is super worth it. She can cut defense every other turn. And with a Zeta she is a wrecking ball. Personally, for Thrawn, I used both Sabine and Chopper. I left out Ezra and it was an easy win for me. For a Phoenix team that doesn't have a lot of damage, her cutting defense while everyone else is healing up from Zeb and Chopper, then their hits actually do damage. Sadly that only works on drawn out battles. But it's a viable strat. Especially if you want to use your Ezra somewhere else.

Have you found her zeta to be any good if she isn't being used on an all-Phoenix team? It seems like that's where it shines most, but I've always wanted to use her in other rebel teams (I don't have jedi, so I'm fine to leave Ezra with Phoenix) and was wondering if the zeta was still worth it in that case.
  • Options
    I farmed Sabine because of Phantom II.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I have such a weird Phoenix team. Got them all to G8 for Thrawn, then ignored them. When Ships 2.0 came out I saw how good Phantom's RI was, so I took those three to G12 and left the other three at G8. Now I have a TW/GA team that is a G8 Hera Zeb and Kanan with a G12 Sabine and Chopper.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I have such a weird Phoenix team. Got them all to G8 for Thrawn, then ignored them. When Ships 2.0 came out I saw how good Phantom's RI was, so I took those three to G12 and left the other three at G8. Now I have a TW/GA team that is a G8 Hera Zeb and Kanan with a G12 Sabine and Chopper.
    How is that working for you? Does it catch opponents off-guard?
  • Options
    I think sabine has worst drop rate
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    How is that working for you? Does it catch opponents off-guard?

Hit and miss in GA. Several one shots, a couple of defenses. One time got two defenses where they only took out Hera.

Never tried in TW because I always go offense with everything. Decent team for the low (70k) power.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Xx1xx2xx2 wrote: »
    I think sabine has worst drop rate

Drop rate is same as for every other toon.
  • Options
    Phantom is arguable the BEST 1st Reinforcement ship and you need her for that ship.....something else in her favour!
    My Sabine is only G10 (nearly 11) 7* and she’s useful both in Phoenix teams and Rebel teams. She like Ezra is useful outwith the Phoenix squad....
  • Options
    Currently farming her as I've no other.

Definitely want to at least unlock her in order to get the Phantom.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    Also, don’t discount her contribution to the Sith Triumvirate Raid. Especially once you are looking at the heroic tier, her Armor Shred ability (currently only available via Sabine and Zaalbaar, but Sabine has the lower cooldown, making it easier to get higher stacks) is key to many of the Phase 2 compositions getting decent scores - in fact she is recommended for almost every team that doesn’t use Grand Master Yoda to get the team the Armor Penetration buff.
    Definitely worth the farm.