4-star TIE Advanced at level 80? How?

There are two people on my relatively new Fleet Arena shard who already have Vader's TIE Advanced at 4 stars:

pfmmmxc0u14q.jpg

oayg82b5zosi.jpg

I've been religiously buying shards whenever Vader's ship popped up, and I only have 53 shards so far. It's not in the fleet data cards or mega-packs, so where did those extra shards come from? I read there used to be a pack for 3k crystals that gave only TIE Advanced and Reaper shards, but neither of those players has a TIE Reaper and their rosters don't look like those of returning older players. Did I miss a source of shards?

Replies

• Darth_DeVito
    1233 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    There was also an Executrix power-up bundle which I didn't buy, but I'm pretty sure it only included the Imperial and FO TIEs and the Geonosian ships.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I believe some achievements have his ship too. Also RNG/refreshes on the store.

Just because they dont have reaper unlocked doesnt mean they dont have enough shards to unlock him. So it could have been from the packs.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I believe some achievements have his ship too. Also RNG/refreshes on the store.

Just because they dont have reaper unlocked doesnt mean they dont have enough shards to unlock him. So it could have been from the packs.

Right, crystal refreshes of the stores. I didn't think of that. That's probably it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    80 shards? That's 20 purchases from fleet store between level 60 and level 80. That seems quite achievable.
  • Options
    I LoVE those early game lineups :). Makes me want to start a new account. Zeb in the arena? Awesome !
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I believe some achievements have his ship too.
    They do.

Also a couple of the Assault Battles can award TAx1 shards iirc.