B1 loosing stacks against traya team

Sarbitar
263 posts Member
edited March 2019
While fighting traya teams everyone who is attacking outside of your turn is getting 35% health damage. While fighting with GG grievous team (zzGG, zB1, zB2, Droideka, BB8) I'm taking a few turns before everyone else because of BB8 special. Before the opposing team takes a turn, I'm already at 50 or less B1 stacks. Regardless of using bb8 in this team, even with normal teams after a few separatists turn the b1 is dead. Considering pretty plenty of turns that b2 takes this is ...quite ridiculous. So before I can actually use him he is already dead. Since he is immune to damage over time should't he be immune to this kind of damage? This nearly the same as plague on NS - after loosing 8 stacks he is at full health, so he should be ok. Is this really WAI - cause if that was the intention then I have little words for it.

Can't put in in the bugs section, as there's no SUBMIT button in Answers HQ when you try to create a new topic - at least on my chrome browser (funny :))

Replies

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I'm going to put forth a truly wild idea here:

Don't use B1 against Traya.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    There's no bug here. Trayas leadership damages enemies who attack out of turn. B1 is attacking out of turn. B1 takes damage. B1 loses stacks of batallion..
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    Yes thank you Syrup for writing what I wrote in my post ;).

I want to know if that's the intention of the developers.

It’s the intention all right. They drastically oversold this reworks usefulness. He was never meant to be a Revan killer to help bring more diversity to arena. All the rework was meant for was a cash grab and to throw a bone to those asking to make grevious viable since his release.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It is 100% intentional. B1 is taking damage, and that will cause him to lose stacks.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    Options
    We'll actually one more thing :). It states 35% health. While he has 1 health 35% of 1 should be 0 with normal rounding. So he shouldn't take damage :).
    Even if it worked like that, B1 would still die. B1 doesn’t die when he is reduced to 0 health, he dies whenever he takes damage. So even if an attack was reduced to 0 damage, it would still kill him.
  • Options
    So many smiley faces.

Nevertheless, it is working as intended and the bottom line is basic rock, paper, scissors.

Having multiple competitive counters is only going to increase ones’ success. While in theory that sounds easy, in practice it is not. Especially for those early on.

Now I’m not saying you fit into any sort of category, but rather understanding that you’re paper mechanics are feeding right into the enemy’s scissors.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Using Chewbacca in a rebels squad has a similar impact. He assists so frequently that he almost kills himself very early in the battle.

I imagine Old Republic under a Carth lead would suffer similarly. Knowing how a Traya lead punishes certain squads, you shouldn't bring those squads to attack Traya.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    We'll actually one more thing :). It states 35% health. While he has 1 health 35% of 1 should be 0 with normal rounding. So he shouldn't take damage :).

Taking damage is an action, how much damage dealt is a calculation after said action.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Her leader says this can't defeat an enemy. IDK man, maybe this should be looked into.

I know he is losing stacks, not being defeated, but still. I feel like OP has something valid here.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    Options
    Her leader says this can't defeat an enemy. IDK man, maybe this should be looked into.

I know he is losing stacks, not being defeated, but still. I feel like OP has something valid here.
    Anything that deals damage that says it cannot defeat an enemy will defeat both B1 and Magnaguard because of how their kits work.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Droideka wrote: »

Anything that deals damage that says it cannot defeat an enemy will defeat both B1 and Magnaguard because of how their kits work.

This. Similar to how GG should not defeat an enemy, B1 is not being defeated by the ability, but by his own kit that causes him to self destruct.