Star Wars Celebration

@CG_SBCrumb. Will you guys have a presence at Star Wars Celebration next month? Will there be events centered around it?

Replies

• Options
    I think the only thing anyone really cares about at star wars celebration is the episode IX title.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    DT_Jango wrote: »
    I think the only thing anyone really cares about at star wars celebration is the episode IX title.

And a Trailer hopefully ;)
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Apparently a new SW video game too.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    I will be there all 5 days. So I’m hoping for some good stuff. Definitely a trailer. Episode VII trailer debuted at celebration that year, I believe. I’ve heard things about the new game. Hoping for the best from it.
  • Options
    I listen to (and enjoy) Galactic War Report, which is a SWGOH podcast. They are having an panel. If I could go, I would!
  • Options
    There's the Mandalorian and Clone Wars for them to show footage of as well. If CG were going to be there and make an announcement it would pretty much have to be something to the scale of a Jedi Luke announcement or a Death Star raid. That would be a much welcome change from the Galaxy of Old Republic the game is currently suffering through.
  • LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    Options
    I saw that this game would be there
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    GunnerFCm wrote: »
    I listen to (and enjoy) Galactic War Report, which is a SWGOH podcast. They are having an panel. If I could go, I would!

Thanks, and luckily I live near Chicago and was able to get tickets as soon as they went on sale.
  • blmays
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks, and luckily I live near Chicago and was able to get tickets as soon as they went on sale.

Have you ever been to one before? I’ve been to two. There’s an absolute ton of Star Wars happening. We are getting pics with some of the Rebels crew. There’s a lot more going on than Episode 9.
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    Options
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    There's the Mandalorian and Clone Wars for them to show footage of as well. If CG were going to be there and make an announcement it would pretty much have to be something to the scale of a Jedi Luke announcement or a Death Star raid. That would be a much welcome change from the Galaxy of Old Republic the game is currently suffering through.

Yeah, it's just so terrible when the game focuses on characters from the parts of Star Wars that are actually well written!
  • Options
    Hopefully the trailer for Ep 9 is good, the movie definitely needs to be good because 8 was trash. Really hope we get a new game as well because BF2 is bad as well
  • Options
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    Hopefully the trailer for Ep 9 is good, the movie definitely needs to be good because 8 was trash. Really hope we get a new game as well because BF2 is bad as well

Wouldn’t count on it with EA in charge
  • Options
    Fives5555 wrote: »

Wouldn’t count on it with EA in charge

Yeah sad but true
  • Chupacabra2187
    7 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    blmays wrote: »

Have you ever been to one before? I’ve been to two. There’s an absolute ton of Star Wars happening. We are getting pics with some of the Rebels crew. There’s a lot more going on than Episode 9.

No, I have not. I can’t wait. Is it better to buy the photo ops or the autographs? I have a feeling I’m going to spend a ton on autographs and photos. I’m hoping to get lucky enough to make it in a few panels.
  • Lichbane
    222 posts Member
    Options

Ship raid would be a welcome change.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Options
    Ill be there on the Friday, I drug my feet and missed out on the Saturday which was my preference. Dont have the time to go all 5 days unfortunately. Pretty geeked for it.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Lichbane wrote: »

Ship raid would be a welcome change.

You know that 57% hate ships, 13% like them and 30% don't care.
    A ship raid would be awful

You know that Abraham Lincoln said that 83.7% of stats on the internet are made up. :)
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    CazNeerg wrote: »

Yeah, it's just so terrible when the game focuses on characters from the parts of Star Wars that are actually well written!

Did you just say that knights of the old republic is well written ?
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Stick wrote: »

Did you just say that knights of the old republic is well written ?

Compared to the movies? Hell yes. There is a lot to love in Star Wars movies, but for 2/3 of the OT and all of the prequels, the writing isn't on that list.
  • blmays
    27 posts Member
    Options
    We'll be there all five days! I'm looking forward to meeting other players. And finding a Running of the Hoods.
  • ksomm5
    169 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb. Will you guys have a presence at Star Wars Celebration next month? Will there be events centered around it?

It is on the SW website that they’ll have a presence. I went to the one in orlando and it’s there but they don’t do any free give sways or free crystals or anything. I was standing next to Jesse I think and a whale came up and they gave him free crystals but nothing for the little guys.
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    Options
    DT_Jango wrote: »

also a 2x shards =)

• Options

There is hardly a dearth of well-written material available that has not even been touched yet. My feelings would be the same if the last year had been entirely Resistance vs First Order. The Star Wars universe is vast so there's no reason to saturate the meta when they could just as easily spread it out over the course of a few years and made the same amount of money.
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    Options
    There is hardly a dearth of well-written material available that has not even been touched yet. My feelings would be the same if the last year had been entirely Resistance vs First Order. The Star Wars universe is vast so there's no reason to saturate the meta when they could just as easily spread it out over the course of a few years and made the same amount of money.

You can't use the argument that they are focusing on well written material if they focus on Resistance vs First Order though. :D

The only reason they need to do DR now is because their Revan introduction trailer essentially announced him already. If a mistake was made, it was when they decided to put "Hero, Villain, Savior, Conqueror" in there, way back at the announcement. Failing to release him after having done that would just be responding to one mistake by making a different mistake.
  • Options
    What ppl are missing though about that trailer for revan is that it's a thought revan has regarding himself, and it's in the revan book. So in essence they could not do dr and be fine.
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    Options
    What ppl are missing though about that trailer for revan is that it's a thought revan has regarding himself, and it's in the revan book. So in essence they could not do dr and be fine.

Thought that line is what Malak tells him in the KOTOR game?

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villan. You're all things Revan, etc etc."
  • Options
    No, they can't not do DR and be fine. Anyone who pays any attention at all knew exactly what the word choice in the announcement meant as soon as they saw half the words were used for JKR's uniques. It meant two Revans.