GA rescheduled

Ahh I remember the days we would get 500 crystals when we experienced a inconvenience like this..... then Revanue came out and everything changed (I’m sure someone has the true last date written down)

Replies

• Gama_Fox
    624 posts Member
    Options
    You want 500 crystals because you have to wait 2 days to play the exact same content?? And I thought I was entitled...

In the past they only gave out those crystals when the server was offline for multiple hours and people couldn't physically log in.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ahh I remember the days we would get 500 crystals when we experienced a inconvenience like this..... then Revanue came out and everything changed (I’m sure someone has the true last date written down)

I dont have it written down, and I'm sure there are many things going on in the game that people do not like and wish would change (or not change) due to Revan, but that is not one of them and one literally has nothing to do with the other.
  • HarryTDF
    417 posts Member
    Options
    They did used to be a lot more generous for the inconveniences but that stopped way before revan.
  • Gannon
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    A few in my guild said they were given a few crystals due to the reschedule, is that true? I got nothing.. 😳
  • Options
    HarryTDF wrote: »
    They did used to be a lot more generous for the inconveniences but that stopped way before revan.

Oh please....they only gave out much if people missed out on rewards....the GA is happening, just 2 days later....nobody is missing out on any rewards.
    Gannon wrote: »
    A few in my guild said they were given a few crystals due to the reschedule, is that true? I got nothing.. 😳

They are just trolling you. The in-game mail said that the round rewards in the GA would be adjusted due to the inconvenience but nobody was given out anything specifically.
  • HarryTDF
    417 posts Member
    Options

Oh please....they only gave out much if people missed out on rewards....the GA is happening, just 2 days later....nobody is missing out on any rewards.

They are just trolling you. The in-game mail said that the round rewards in the GA would be adjusted due to the inconvenience but nobody was given out anything specifically.

Actually back in the day they gave 500 crystals pretty frequently for minor inconveniences. Atleast pretend like you know what you are talking about. I’m not here to say we should be getting compensation I’m just stating facts.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Careful. I once pointed out that in the early days of SWGOH we would get 500 crystals if the servers went down for more than an hour, and was forum-banned.

Trusting the mods (Kyno) are less...restrictive now :wink:
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Careful. I once pointed out that in the early days of SWGOH we would get 500 crystals if the servers went down for more than an hour, and was forum-banned.

67dzhw6bc58d.gif
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »

67dzhw6bc58d.gif

Oh you! Classic Kyno!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I find it ironic that they cancelled it because the join period was too short...but the rescheduled one has a shortened join period. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Rescheduled one has a normal join period... it is the review of the one they just ended that is shortened.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Cant believe they didn't give me 500 crystals for just logging on today.....what has this game come to? They always used to give out 500 crystals for no reason.......
  • Tautas
    87 posts Member
    Options
    Nice, thank you for canceling that bug:)
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »

Actually back in the day they gave 500 crystals pretty frequently for minor inconveniences. Atleast pretend like you know what you are talking about. I’m not here to say we should be getting compensation I’m just stating facts.

I play the game for over 3years and we never got crystals for "minor" inconveniences.
    That was for server down times and when they canceled something completely.
    Not by just rescheduling GA, so it happens 2 days latter.

That’s awesome man I’ve played the game for that long as well. Short server down times and some of the Tb things were minor inconveniences. Amongst other things.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I find it ironic that they cancelled it because the join period was too short...but the rescheduled one has a shortened join period. :D

It starts on 3/5 and is 24 hours and ending on 3/6, how is it short?
  • Options
    Why has it still not come up for me to join GA at all??? It says no GA events on at this time.. I need my 3 battles to get my Han portrait!!! Last GA round 2 i had basically defeated nightsisters, left one hit for Zombie to die & left the time to run out so i could send Han in to win. When i went back to do that the whole game had to be restarted & when i went back in my team was dead but all the nightsisters alive! I sent 7 other teams in & could not beat them so missed out on a win for Han as i couldn't beat a single team!!!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Why has it still not come up for me to join GA at all??? It says no GA events on at this time.. I need my 3 battles to get my Han portrait!!! Last GA round 2 i had basically defeated nightsisters, left one hit for Zombie to die & left the time to run out so i could send Han in to win. When i went back to do that the whole game had to be restarted & when i went back in my team was dead but all the nightsisters alive! I sent 7 other teams in & could not beat them so missed out on a win for Han as i couldn't beat a single team!!!

@Slayer2faith
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/197149/grand-arena-reschedule#latest
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

We experienced some issues with the sign up period for the March 3rd Grand Arena overlapping with the Review period of the previous Grand Arena, detailed here. We will be rescheduling this event to start 3/5 and allow players the full time to join from 3/5/19 - 3/6/19 (Starting at 2:00pm Pacific/20:00 UTC).

Please note that the Grand Arena starting later today will be canceled with an update shortly and you do not need to set defenses. In order to accommodate this change, the Review period for this event will be 16 hours long instead of the usual 24 hours.

• Options
    So if we signed up for the cancelled event, will we be assigned the same player pool?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Options
    So if we signed up for the cancelled event, will we be assigned the same player pool?

No. New event, means new sign up and new random groupings
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

No. New event, means new sign up and new random groupings

What a pity. In my 2.4M gp in characters pool my first opponent had 5 G12 and 7 G11 characters. Rest of the pool weren’t much better than that.

I hope I don’t have to actually put up an effort for the rewards this time around :(