Revan needs a Nerf.

we all know he needs it and just making a more powerful char isnt gonna work unless you plan to update every team in the game AGAIN

hes too powerful in a short amount of time with rey and palp even treya you can't do massive amount right from the git go thats what revan does. his dmg needs to be caped or his ignore taunt needs to be, something. 80% arena is too much and way overly unbalanced.

i get it whale will hate you but suck it up and nerf him. make it balanced again. really the only teams that can uncheck revan is revan. thats a no go.

i know this wont be a popular post but we all know deep down this what needs to happen. even the whales even the Devs.
No. Just No.

Replies

• Options
    I think the Devs need a rework
  • Options
    Get ready for the whales to come comment on this post. "Stop complaining because you don't have Revan. He is supposed to be difficult to beat, and is good for the meta.
  • Options
    Gotta agree. You can’t keep releasing stronger toons to change the meta. TW now has completely nothing to do with depth of roster and everything to do with who has the most revan and traya meta teams. All other teams are irrelevant apart from a few top top modded rebel or NS teams with massive speed. Arena is now completely dull as 45/50 are all the same. It needs fixing not just a new dark revan meta.
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think CG can nerf him even if they wanted. If you create pay wall, you can't come few months later and nerf what people have paid $XXXX for. There would have to be massive reimbursements and EA will not allow that.
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Ladislav wrote: »
    I don't think CG can nerf him even if they wanted. If you create pay wall, you can't come few months later and nerf what people have paid $XXXX for. There would have to be massive reimbursements and EA will not allow that.

And why not? I know some players who paid to farm the Reaper and then CG nerfed the ship when Ships 2.0 came out!

Technically that wasn't nerf. It was more an update to make the ship (was it only that one?) fit into new gameplay. Here you are explicitly asking to nerf a single character which was built to suck money.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think revan needs a nerf, the devs just need to introduce some reliable counters to the Revan template arena squad. Everyone expected that to be grievous, now we're waiting on Darth Revan or Malak. It's not so much revan as the supporting characters behind him - bast to buff gmy, gmy to spread buffs and inflict massive damage back to back, gk to interrupt focusing down, add retrib, and mass attack, and zjolee to dig you out a jam if anyone dies. Right now we just have a mirror match, traya+dsbast+sith,and zfinn (soon to be nerfed).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    In any case something needs to be done!
    It's almost impossible to take out a Revan team if you don't have Revan, that doesn't make sense.

This kills the fun in Grand Arena (and not only there), 1 Revan Team set and my GA is already gone, despite my 3.8 MGP, i can throw my hole rooster at it, and those guys still stand there and laugh, not even killing one char.

That's really garbage, you should be able to take out every team, maybe with 3-4 trys, but having 20 trys, no teams left and the Revan team still standing there with full health, that's what i call unbalanced, or just trash.

My 2 cents.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    As long as Zaul leading sith triumvirate and Nest can take out Revan on offense, and the reworked separatist droids can too, Revan is fine. He's hard to kill and has few counters only, but he's fine.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Reworked sep droids can take him out, needs serious investment though.
  • Options
    Power creep is going to persist in the game indefinitely. The devs will constantly as new features to the game mechanics that will make squads more and more powerful. Expecting otherwise seems, to me, an exercise in futility. Anything the devs release to alter the meta will end up making the top team(s) stronger.

I do, however, agree that the current status of pvp in the game is very stale. Prior to revan going F2P recently, the team' presence was limited enough that the top arena ranks could still support some variety. Traya and CLS teams were able to climb through to the top of squad arena. I even saw a couple NS/JTR teams hanging out in the top 20 on occasion. Granted, none of them could hold defense as well, but the# of revan teams in the top 50 was limited (think I had 18 or so I'm my shard, bit I knew other guys with 25 or so)

Now that everyone seems to have him, though, no other teams can climb through the top 50, and it has made arena quite boring.

For TW, more people need to rearrange their mods IMO. Like others have said, there are a few squads that can take in revan in offense. If you're placing yours on D, move your arena mods onto CLS rebel team or traya, and use them to take out the enemy revan team. Put your B-team mods on def.revan, help stop most other teams

Either way, We all know something is coming soon to mix things up. the only questions are what, and when
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Another nerf x thread 😂
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    just nerf him and well be good again. its no biggie just nerf him. stop listing to whining whales. no game panders to whales like this game does.

And what is your contribution to making this game going?
    It's those whales that keep the devs working on the game. I'm not a spender either, but I agree that those who pay should have their advantage.
    Not to say that the second time even the most casual F2P had a chance to unlock Revan. If you still don't have him that's on you.
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    just nerf him and well be good again. its no biggie just nerf him. stop listing to whining whales. no game panders to whales like this game does.

And what is your contribution to making this game going?
    It's those whales that keep the devs working on the game. I'm not a spender either, but I agree that those who pay should have their advantage.
    Not to say that the second time even the most casual F2P had a chance to unlock Revan. If you still don't have him that's on you.

Since you bring this up, something tells me that the F2P playerbase is a lot bigger than the whales.

It is, but the ones complaining about not having Revan or calling for nerfs are most likely not fighting for top ranks, so if they simply quit they won't chase away whales.
    I think I wouldn't be mistaken if I said that what keeps whales around is new content and competition. If an F2P in the 500s leaves, it will have precisely 0 effect on the whales mentioned before. The only thing their absence affects is likely some statistic. I recognise that I can't comprehend the precise value of such statistics, but from a business point of view F2Ps that are more engaged with spending players drive more the development of the game.
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    I don't think revan needs a nerf, the devs just need to introduce some reliable counters to the Revan template arena squad. Everyone expected that to be grievous, now we're waiting on Darth Revan or Malak. It's not so much revan as the supporting characters behind him - bast to buff gmy, gmy to spread buffs and inflict massive damage back to back, gk to interrupt focusing down, add retrib, and mass attack, and zjolee to dig you out a jam if anyone dies. Right now we just have a mirror match, traya+dsbast+sith,and zfinn (soon to be nerfed).

@kalidor Yes and No. While the supporting squad IS hugely important, under Bastilla the same supporting squad was powerful but balanced with the other teams like JTR, CLS, Traya, EP. With Revan, not at all, he is just WAY TOO OP, and makes all other squads irrelevant

Also, bringing another OP toon to counter him is NOT a good fix, either. So now we two OP options, and still everything else is irrelevant?

No, the right solution IS to nerf him enough that other squads can beat him and hold against him better, balance.

• RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »

@kalidor Yes and No. While the supporting squad IS hugely important, under Bastilla the same supporting squad was powerful but balanced with the other teams like JTR, CLS, Traya, EP. With Revan, not at all, he is just WAY TOO OP, and makes all other squads irrelevant

Also, bringing another OP toon to counter him is NOT a good fix, either. So now we two OP options, and still everything else is irrelevant?

No, the right solution IS to nerf him enough that other squads can beat him and hold against him better, balance.

You have to admit that there is no point in pouring resources into a new toon if an old one is just as viable.

The only time there was a somewhat rock-paper-scissors type arena was when none of the toons were really P2P. You could have Traya as an F2P, Sion and Bastila were viable at 3*, 7* and G12 was just an edge. JTR and CLS also had at least 3 events by then, they weren't particularly exclusive either.
    Now if a new, expensive toon comes, it has to be the best or it's a waste of money. Why buy DR if a CLS -that everyone has- can put up a fight.
    I guess the next time we see a balance you are speaking of will come with a new raid toon. A meta that CG can't make imediate money from. If it's a straight-up few hundred bucks toon, it has to be on the top.