How Long to 7* Capital Ships?

I'm starting to invest more in ships and I want to get top 50 (for crystals) at least. To do this, I want Thrawn (don't currently have Han) but I need Ackbar to get him. I already have the event ships 7* but I need Ackbar 7*. I currently am working on getting him up to 6*, but after how long will it take to get him to 7*? Can shards only be acquired in low amounts through the fleet mastery events?
Ty in advanced

Replies

• Options
    You get 15 per event, and the events happen once a month, so about 7 months. If you want to speed it up, you can refresh the event for like 800 crystals. You can only refresh the event once each time it shows up, though, so if you want to speed it up faster than 4 months you’ll have to purchase the packs (for like 1000 crystals) when they show up with the event.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes, the 3 main ships can only get to 7* by the mastery events. That will take roughly 7 months with no refreshes from 6*.

Investing in ships for crystals is a good long term plan. If that is your only goal, then take your time as fleet arena is a low ROI.

Right now is a "bad time" to try and push for the top end of fleet (not trying to discourage you from doing so). The fact that the current meta, just about everyone wins, means that you may end up spending more than you earn or breaking even just trying to get there.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Yes, the 3 main ships can only get to 7* by the mastery events. That will take roughly 7 months with no refreshes from 6*.

Investing in ships for crystals is a good long term plan. If that is your only goal, then take your time as fleet arena is a low ROI.

Right now is a "bad time" to try and push for the top end of fleet (not trying to discourage you from doing so). The fact that the current meta, just about everyone wins, means that you may end up spending more than you earn or breaking even just trying to get there.

yeah im not pushing for 1, just want a decent team to start crystal income/for tw/ga. My shard isn't that good, so its possible.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    You can still get a 6* Chimaera.

Also, you work on requirements for Falcon and Chewie even if you don't have Han yet. Once you get him you'll have the ship ready to go.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    You get 15 per event, and the events happen once a month, so about 7 months.

They're kind of erratic, really. Sometimes one won't show up at all for an entire month, and then just recently we had Executrix twice in the same week.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    If you do one refresh at each occurence of the event, and also buy a single pack, you will a 7* Home One after 3 occurences, which is about two months from the first to the third.

It might turn out to be a good investment, if it will win you an extra daily crystal income.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    You get 15 per event, and the events happen once a month, so about 7 months.

They're kind of erratic, really. Sometimes one won't show up at all for an entire month, and then just recently we had Executrix twice in the same week.

Fair enough. I suppose I should’ve said “generally happen around once a month”.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    You can still get a 6* Chimaera.

Also, you work on requirements for Falcon and Chewie even if you don't have Han yet. Once you get him you'll have the ship ready to go.

my bad I meant I don't have Falcon, I've gotten Chewie and Han G12 zetad already