Help! (Tier 5 "Scourge of the Rebublic")

I can get through the entire tier just fine until i get to the boss on the final encounter. He's so stupid because he constantly stacks a buff that gives him +100 speed and +100% damage. By the end hes taking like 9 turns because he has 7 stacks and has +700 speed and +700% damage. I don't know if they intended for that buff to stack, but if they did, what did you guys do to get around it? Right now I have everyone at G11 and I have Carth's Zeta.

Replies

• Options
    You level up HK and Badstila’s new abilities?
  • CandymanJML2
    528 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Fear is your friend, uses revans second special on the big boy to give everyone fear and apply shock with bastila and revans first special to keep them from gaining buffs
  • Options
    You level up HK and Badstila’s new abilities?

yup, just no zetas on either of them yet. I have 3 saved up just in case i needed them for the event.
  • Options
    Following having the same problem..
  • Options
    Focus on side mobs first, then boss. It’ll be close, but you should be able to do it at g11
  • Options
    Fear is your friend, uses revans second special on the big boy to give everyone fear and apply shock with bastila and revans first special to keep them from gaining buffs

i tried that, but he keeps resisting Fear. I thought it couldn't be resisted.
  • Options
    Shafro_Fos wrote: »

He resists it but the rest dont, keeping them from whittling your people down so you can focus on big bad. HKs heavy hit move helps a good but too so save it for him if you can
  • Options

He resists it but the rest dont, keeping them from whittling your people down so you can focus on big bad. HKs heavy hit move helps a good but too so save it for him if you can

okay thanks! i'll try again. Any zetas you recommend?
  • Options

Only zeta I had was carths but I'm not 100% sure its required
  • Options
    Any else notice badstila not gaing protection?
  • Options
    Unable to do tier 5 with this and arena mods **** z2at0r9fcfq7.png
  • Options
    MrSmitty81 wrote: »
    Unable to do tier 5 with this and arena mods **** z2at0r9fcfq7.png

It's objectively absurd. The people who like it can enjoy it as much as they want, it was a poor business decision.
  • Options

Only zeta I had was carths but I'm not 100% sure its required

Thanks for the advice! Finally beat it on my 13 attempts! :)
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    Options
    If you read the boss abilities it says when the boss scans and there is no active boss ally he will reset his ultimate ability to 0. Keep the adds feared and focus main boss.
  • Options
    And it is done! B)6v3kajv4nbdo.png
  • Options
    So much for them saying journeys r meant to be g8 so they are enjoyed, guess the $300 to get the toons starred wasnt good enough cg huh?
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    Options
    So much for them saying journeys r meant to be g8 so they are enjoyed, guess the $300 to get the toons starred wasnt good enough cg huh?

Anyone that paid anywhere close to $300 to unlock didn’t start farming early enough, was doable at a third or less of that
  • Options
    Yeah tier 5 is nuts. This sucks so much. I keep failing on wave 3 since the Marauders hit so hard.
  • Options
    It is possible. I did it with g12 Hk, g11 Badstilla, g11 carth, g9 juhani, and g7 Canderous. Only two with arena mods were HK and Badstilla, the others had 50-60+ speed. And also NO ZETAS! Just takes a little patience and learning how to use the team properly to get the job done. Definitely not the hardest event they have released.

8iu9hgzkwv0i.png
  • Zedstar
    22 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    yeah im struggling massively, round 3 in tier 5 just wipes me out and this is my squad
    - Bastilla and HK G12 and rest G11, HK zeta'd 2b36970bh6e9.jpg
  • Options
    Zedstar wrote: »
    yeah im struggling massively, round 3 in tier 5 just wipes me out and this is my squad

Take out the 2 side flame turrets, and use both revans specials on the main robot, and only use badstillas lighting ability on the main robot. For canderous and carth just use their basics on him to get the most attacks in, and only use juhani as your taunt. Trick is to get to that final tier with as much health and protection as possible. Took me about 7 tries
  • Options
    From what I've heard don't kill all the side droids, leave at least one left
    The big one gets a 100% offence boost if you do
    Lets be honest, Lego Star Wars the Skywalker saga is going to be more polished, fun and overall better than Swgoh could ever be
  • Options
    RNG in Tier 5 is all you need...

c1pa6bsolrga.png
  • Options

Take out the 2 side flame turrets, and use both revans specials on the main robot, and only use badstillas lighting ability on the main robot. For canderous and carth just use their basics on him to get the most attacks in, and only use juhani as your taunt. Trick is to get to that final tier with as much health and protection as possible. Took me about 7 tries

My problem is getting to round 4... i either get there with half a squad or a full squad with stupidly small amount of health
  • Options
    Bastila and DR Really need to work together. Fear->Force Storm->Wild Lightning
  • Options

My problem is getting to round 4... i either get there with half a squad or a full squad with stupidly small amount of health

Take out the maurauders first
  • Jarvind
    3927 posts Member
    Options
    I read the boss's abilities and figured killing 3 adds was the way to go, but by the time I got them down I would always lose the war of attrition. I switched to using Insanity on big boy to fear the others, along with Bastila's fear and Juhani taunting for additional crowd control. Used Force Storm + Bastila lightning when fears were on cooldown to soften the others up.

Got it on the first try after changing tactics. G12 zCarth, everyone else G11 with no zetas.
  • Options
    Yeah leave one robot alive then kill the one in the middle then the robot left